PDA

View Full Version : Anybody go to a Tea Party Express event yet?

Dorfsmith
08-30-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm going to the one here in Flagstaff tomorrow. They're letting us set up a table for our new group States' Rights Coalition Of Northern Arizona. We're also handing out Campaign For Liberty stuff and flyers for Ron Paul's End The Fed book. I'm a little nervous because I saw a lot of pro Bush neocon crap on the youtube videos. I hope I'm not sitting there trying not to throw up the whole time.

If you did go, how bad/good was it?

itshappening
08-30-2009, 01:42 PM
I think this is a neocon organized thing so you'll have to educate... be nice

Dorfsmith
08-30-2009, 06:10 PM
I think this is a neocon organized thing so you'll have to educate... be nice

We will. We have lots of good educational material. A bunch of Campaign For Liberty people are coming from Navajo County to hand stuff out too. Education and winning people over is our number one goal. :cool:

acptulsa
08-31-2009, 06:13 AM
NPR actually covered this this morning. I guess they decided they want to try to restore their reputation. They failed.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112397743

Like the implication we're all stuck in the Cold War? How many of you kids were even born yet when the Cold War ended?

But, hey, at least they're being subtle, or trying to be. They didn't use the word 'astroturf' once. Of course, the implication was underlying the story, but they didn't use the word. So, is this the long sought after 'conservative astroturf' the media needs to paint their communofascist agenda as legitimate? Well, let's see.

'Astroturf' has come to mean manufactured grassroots. How do you manufacture grassroots? You bus unemployed bureaucrats around to events and give them nice, printed signs to protest with. So, then the media can say, there were 150 people at this event, and 150 people at that event, and 150 people at the other event too, and no we didn't take names to make sure this recurring 150 figure is really a coincidence. Didn't occur to us to take the license numbers of the buses, why would it?

But this express isn't taking the protestors to the protest. This bus is taking the protest to the protestors. For, it would seem, there is too much unvented frustration in this nation and not enough town halls to get it all released. That ain't astroturf, ladies and gentlemen. They might be spreading manure--I don't know enough about their message to say one way or the other--but to show up in town and find out you're the pied piper isn't manufacturing a damned thing. It's just tapping an existing vein.

So, next time you hear someone calling this astroturf, laugh in their faces--and then throw in an extra chuckle for me, wouldya?

P.S. It would seem this is such a chunk of neoconnery that they probably even used John McCain's old bus. But that doesn't mean the vein they're trying to tap isn't real. They may be spoon-feeding the grassroots manure. But the fact is, astroturf doesn't respond to manure, only real grass roots do...

Dorfsmith
08-31-2009, 08:01 AM
Great points. I'll let you know how it goes. We went over there last night to help make signs and help them get ready and while there were a lot of neoconservatives walking around there were also a lot of Libertarians and Ron Paul supporters. I had two people ask if I had seen the Obama Deception and got lots of compliments on my End The Fed shirt. Several people were making End The Fed signs.

Sandra
08-31-2009, 08:10 AM
Ask the Tea Party Express people why they support spending trillions for war and why they support the Patriot Act. Be sure to separate yourselves from the groups that have only a few similar views, even the Pro Obama health reform groups can do that.

Dorfsmith
08-31-2009, 08:21 AM
Ask the Tea Party Express people why they support spending trillions for war and why they support the Patriot Act. Be sure to separate yourselves from the groups that have only a few similar views, even the Pro Obama health reform groups can do that.

We will have a separate table set up with lots of campaign for liberty stuff and Ron Paul's End The Fed book flyers etc. We also have Ron Paul 2012 signs. Nobody will confuse us with neocons. :p

acptulsa
08-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Nobody will confuse us with neocons. :p

That's good. But the question is, will you succeed in confusing the neocons themselves? 'Cause they need it. :cool:

Dorfsmith
08-31-2009, 01:02 PM
That's good. But the question is, will you succeed in confusing the neocons themselves? 'Cause they need it. :cool:

I hope so. :D