PDA

View Full Version : Cheney Says He Can't Remember if He Instructed CIA to Withhold Info From Congress...

Reason
08-30-2009, 09:25 AM
YouTube - Cheney Can't Remember if He Instructed CIA to Withhold Info From Congress (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDnnNoMA188)

coyote_sprit
08-30-2009, 09:27 AM
I raped a girl but I'm innocent because for the life of me I don't remember doing it, I don't care if my semen was found at the crime scene I'm innocent.

Aratus
08-30-2009, 09:28 AM
methinks if he's not being evasive or directly dishonest, this opens up a plethora of timely questions...
for 8 long years our ex-veep was part of thah shrub's hidden war to an equal degree the shrub was!

coyote_sprit
08-30-2009, 09:29 AM
I think Cheney's been drinking too much aspartame. You'd think Rumsfeld would have warned him but no...

Liberty Star
08-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Even if information he has is considered to be of high value by Obama administration, team Obama would be wise to not treat him as a high value target and try enhanced tactics on him to extract such info. At his age and with his health, he would not survive such tactics.

Obama DoJ is reportedly going ahead with prosecution for allaeged CIA torture violations but they could be opening a can of worms.

CIA Releases Its Instructions For Breaking a Detainee's Will

By Joby Warrick, Peter Finn and Julie Tate
Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, August 26, 2009

As the session begins, the detainee stands naked, except for a hood covering his head. Guards shackle his arms and legs, then slip a small collar around his neck. The collar will be used later; according to CIA guidelines for interrogations, it will serve as a handle for slamming the detainee's head against a wall.

This Story
CIA Releases Its Instructions For Breaking a Detainee's Will
Cheney Criticizes Decision To Expand CIA Investigation
GOP Leader Calls CIA Probe 'Witch Hunt'; Democrats Say It's Too Narrow
Obama Dances Awkwardly With Bush Policies

After removing the hood, the interrogator opens with a slap across the face -- to get the detainee's attention -- followed by other slaps, the guidelines state. Next comes the head-slamming, or "walling," which can be tried once "to make a point," or repeated again and again.

"Twenty or thirty times consecutively" is permissible, the guidelines say, "if the interrogator requires a more significant response to a question." And if that fails, there are far harsher techniques to be tried.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/25/AR2009082503277.html?hpid=topnews

Allegedly some enhanced tactics included threatening some detainees with raping their mother in front of them or killing their children in front of them.

Obama administration should take the higher road and leave Bush era enhanced interrogation policies in the past.