PDA

View Full Version : Barney Frank Threatens to Water Down Fed Audit Bill!

clb09
08-29-2009, 06:52 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090830/bs_nm/us_usa_fed_audits_1

Rep. Barney Frank, the chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives Financial Services Committee, hopes to craft a compromise bill with lawmakers who want to open Federal Reserve monetary policy decisions to audits, a spokesman for Frank said on Saturday.

Uh-oh...I think there will be plenty of holes for Helicopter Ben to escape through by the time the bill gets to the Senate. :(

muzzled dogg
08-29-2009, 06:53 PM
seen this shit comin a mile away

Dr.3D
08-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Wish Barney Frank would get watered down a bit.
Perhaps a dunk tank?

KAYA
08-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey Barney, there is no need for a compromise when there are over 280 bi-partisan cosponsors!

catdd
08-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey Barney, there is no need for a compromise when there are over 280 bi-partisan cosponsors!

Exactly. Why water it down when so many are in favor of it?
Wonder how much they are paying ol Barney Boy?

Flash
08-29-2009, 07:10 PM
May be the bill will have better sucess after the 2010 elections.

clb09
08-29-2009, 07:37 PM
YouTube - Barney Frank speaks on Ron Pauls H.R. 1207 Audit the Fed bill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g5ZfYVruRU)

Funny how the word "compromise" doesn't seem to pop into his head when talking to the people.

Behind closed doors is a different story with Ol' Barney, however.

Matt Collins
08-29-2009, 10:52 PM
CFL member, DC attorney, and good personal friend, Nicole Kardell goes live on Russian TV to discuss the FOIA request for the Federal Reserve. This is major international coverage!

YouTube - Could release of Federal Reserve documents cause panic? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpz4huFetSM)

DFF
08-30-2009, 11:25 PM
I can't for the life of me understand why Barney Frank has even a shred of credibility left. I mean, the man was living with a gay prostitute in the 80's for Heaven's sake!

cheapseats
08-31-2009, 02:05 AM
The bill calls for the Fed to be audited by another government agency -- how much more watered down can it get?

anaconda
08-31-2009, 03:41 AM
Why does there need to be any "compromise" legislation? It's a full audit. And it does not give the Congress power over monetary policy. Period. And the audit is upon information that is sufficiently in the past (see Ron Paul's comments) that it does not reasonably affect current market dynamics and pricing.

How about an anti-Barney Frank money bomb?

DFF
08-31-2009, 03:43 AM
Audit the Frank?

Objectivist
08-31-2009, 03:51 AM
I'm sorry, but I laughed at the thread yesterday that said Frank would support the legislation..... I was wondering just what Frank would attach to the legislation before moving it along in the process.

There is always a hook and I'm not that kind of fish.

anaconda
08-31-2009, 03:57 AM
I hope Dr. Paul just owns Barney Frank in the media if he tries any tricks to help the Fed.

Aakron
09-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Barney Frank never threatened to water down the bill. He was saying he expected it to be passed in October as an amendment to another bill. That does nothing to suggest he wants it to happen that way or wants to water it down. Giving Frank a hard time about his estimation just makes no sense to me. I believe it is clear from the transcript that he is not in any way suggesting he would like it watered down.

buffalokid777
09-03-2009, 11:13 PM
I think the way to go with this is to say what we want to see in an audit.

I think we should talk about non negotiable things we need to see.

1.) Currency swaps and agreements made with other central banks.
2.) Precious Metal Leases with Private companies and other central banks.
3.) Exact inventories of all precious metals held in reserve and out on lease
4.) Where every dollar given to the fed through bailouts were spent.

None of those 4 influence Fed policy, they simply audit where US assets have been used and how. That is transparency.

Any more you can come up with?

buffalokid777
09-03-2009, 11:24 PM
One more I can think of is actual dollars printed and taken out of circulation by the fed on a monthly basis so we can gauge what direction monetary supply is going.

anaconda
09-05-2009, 02:29 AM
I think the way to go with this is to say what we want to see in an audit.

I think we should talk about non negotiable things we need to see.

1.) Currency swaps and agreements made with other central banks.
2.) Precious Metal Leases with Private companies and other central banks.
3.) Exact inventories of all precious metals held in reserve and out on lease
4.) Where every dollar given to the fed through bailouts were spent.

None of those 4 influence Fed policy, they simply audit where US assets have been used and how. That is transparency.

Any more you can come up with?

Great thinking. Let's be specific. I wonder why RP hasn't spelled out a list of musts so that the grassroots can get specific with their Congress Critters?

PaulaGem
09-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Important list - should be sent to all legislators to let them know we are still watching.

Any further suggestions?

DFF
09-06-2009, 04:14 AM
Barney Frank never threatened to water down the bill. He was saying he expected it to be passed in October as an amendment to another bill. That does nothing to suggest he wants it to happen that way or wants to water it down. Giving Frank a hard time about his estimation just makes no sense to me. I believe it is clear from the transcript that he is not in any way suggesting he would like it watered down.

Ron Paul HIMSELF said Congress would attempt to dilute the bill. And Frank, regardless of what he says about "Not worshiping at the temple of the Fed" IS pro-Fed by virtue of the fact he's Chairman of the Financial Services Committee. Why do I think this way? Because, the Chairman is a position Ron Paul said could never be occupied without the (paraphrased) "Blessing of the international bankers". The Fed is controlled by the international bankers....so.....it only stands to reason that *drum roll please*....Frank is a bought and paid for banking cartel marionette.