PDA

View Full Version : Grayson's wife. "International Human Rights" crusader

max
08-28-2009, 11:34 PM
more evidence of radical roots of the graysons....Trey's lawyer wife - Nancy Humpries Grayson - wrote for the Morgan Urban Institutes Quarterly publication...

Morgan Urban trains "Human Rights" lawyers cough...cough Marxists...

looks like we have Kentucky's version of Bill and Hillary Clinton here

http://www.law.uc.edu/institutes/morgan/

Imperial
08-29-2009, 12:14 AM
What's wrong with someone fighting for human rights?

FSP-Rebel
08-29-2009, 12:24 AM
more evidence of radical roots of the graysons....Trey's lawyer wife - Nancy Humpries Grayson - wrote for the Morgan Urban Institutes Quarterly publication...

Morgan Urban trains "Human Rights" lawyers cough...cough Marxists...

looks like we have Kentucky's version of Bill and Hillary Clinton here

http://www.law.uc.edu/institutes/morgan/
Hey are u from NH? Just checking.

erowe1
08-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Ron Paul works for human rights. Does that make him a Marxist too?

LibertyEagle
08-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Ron Paul works for human rights. Does that make him a Marxist too?

lol. Ron Paul would not be for any of this crap. Dr. Paul believes in national sovereignty; certainly not supranational ruling bodies that take priority over our own Constitution. Nor, does he support the United Nations. It being in the U.S., or the U.S. being in it. No, he thinks we should mind our own business, set an example that others might like to emulate, trade with others, talk with others, etc.

Excerpt from Max's link:

Nevertheless, it only has been since the end of World War II that the legal protection of individuals by their respective governments has been made an obligation under international law. There were some antecedents, for instance, in the areas of anti-slave trade treaties, humanitarian law applicable in armed conflicts, labor conventions, and the League of Nations mandate system, protection of minorities in various post-World War I treaties, and humanitarian intervention; but the United Nations Charter in 1945 marks the first explicit entry of human rights into international law. With the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights on December 10, 1948, by the United Nations General Assembly--often referred to as the international Magna Carta--a new and significant body of law developed at the universal and regional levels. Treaties relating to such topics as genocide, racial and gender discrimination, refugees, rights of children, civil and political rights and economic, social and cultural rights have been promulgated over the past 50 years, and attention to human rights continues to be a major agenda item before the international community. The Council of Europe, the Organization of African Unity and the Organization of American States are three key regional organizations that have established bodies and procedures for the promotion and protection of human rights.

Guys, things like these are just tools of those trying to push us into world government.

erowe1
08-29-2009, 06:57 AM
lol. Ron Paul would not be for any of this crap. Dr. Paul believes in national sovereignty; certainly not supranational ruling bodies that take priority over our own Constitution. Nor, does he support the United Nations. It being in the U.S., or the U.S. being in it. No, he thinks we should mind our own business, set an example that others might like to emulate, trade with others, talk with others, etc.

Excerpt from Max's link:

Guys, things like these are just tools of those trying to push us into world government.

Thanks for that clarification. I just read that myself and was about to post the same thing. The OP made it look like human rights itself is code for marxist without backing it up. But you're right, this is clearly a pro-international law organization.

erowe1
08-29-2009, 07:01 AM
Where's the verification that Grayson's wife wrote for this? And what specifically did she write? When I googled her name (as spelled in the OP) it only brought up this thread.

erowe1
08-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Is her maiden name spelled "Humphrey" not "Humpries"?

Is this her?
http://www.urban.org/publications/401578.html

erowe1
08-29-2009, 07:15 AM
We have that Guide to Managing Urban Capital booklet in my school library. I'll take a look at it. But I'm guessing it's pretty harmless. Is there anything else?

LibertyEagle
08-29-2009, 07:17 AM
You'll have to ask Max. I don't know anything about the guy's wife.

Aratus
08-29-2009, 07:57 AM
if..........if..........................if........ .............if..................if............... ....if...............if...
the wife is the activist, why is the g.o.p running her homeboy hapless hubbie?
seems to me, the BRIGHTER of the enchanting pair when as a married couple is
the shy and retiring humble ordinary person who now bee in touch with at least
some of the voters out there aggragately --- for this IS more like as if "eleanor R."
is indeedy having more social, mathematical and intellectual i,Q points than thah
dude who hath a "Y" chromosome and THATs he's in public office... quite franky!!!

erowe1
08-29-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm about to check out that urban capital publication now. But as I think about it, I highly doubt it's Grayson's wife. The publication date is 1984. But based on Grayson's age and the pictures of his wife I've seen, I doubt that she would have been even in college as an undergraduate by that time.

Max, is that the publication you meant? Or is there something else? Where did you get the information that she had published with the Urban Institute?

max
08-29-2009, 08:54 AM
What's wrong with someone fighting for human rights?

"Human Rights" is a buzz word for International Marxists.

If you think the UN Commission on "Human Rights" has any concern at all for "human rights"...you are seriously mistaken..

The more advanced among us know the deal when we hear the phony expression "human rights"

max
08-29-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm about to check out that urban capital publication now. But as I think about it, I highly doubt it's Grayson's wife. The publication date is 1984. But based on Grayson's age and the pictures of his wife I've seen, I doubt that she would have been even in college as an undergraduate by that time.

Max, is that the publication you meant? Or is there something else? Where did you get the information that she had published with the Urban Institute?

She wrote for them when she was an undergrad at U Cinn.....Yiou should be able to refind it by googling Nancy Humpries Urban Quarterly Review

erowe1
08-29-2009, 09:19 AM
She wrote for them when she was an undergrad at U Cinn.....Yiou should be able to refind it by googling Nancy Humpries Urban Quarterly Review

So wait. Are you saying the actual spelling is Humpries?

I doubt it. I've got no hits on that. Just the one on Nancy Humphrey. And I'm pretty sure that's the right spelling. But I doubt it's the same woman. Where did you get your info?

erowe1
08-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Ahhh, here's something:
http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Grayson_Nancy_439086037.aspx

Following her success at the University of Kentucky, she graduated from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where she was a Law Review member and a Senior Articles Editor for the Human Rights Quarterly.

Not quite the same info you had (seriously what was your source?). But I'm guessing this is it.

Confirmed here:
http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/human_rights_quarterly/info/21.3.editorial.html

But I can't find her in a search of authors of articles. If all we have on her is that she served on the editorial board of this when she was a law student, then we've got nothing.

Aratus
08-29-2009, 09:32 AM
the same said university of kentucky that
experianced the passing of a noted educator?
http://www.kentucky.com/181/story/888315.html

Imperial
08-29-2009, 12:54 PM
"Human Rights" is a buzz word for International Marxists.

If you think the UN Commission on "Human Rights" has any concern at all for "human rights"...you are seriously mistaken..

The more advanced among us know the deal when we hear the phony expression "human rights"

Just because their means are flawed doesn't necessarily mean their concerns are not valid. For example, lack of water and medicine in the developing world, systemic tribal violence in sub-saharan africa, etc. are all serious problems.

I can be worried about my fellow man and not be an "International Marxist". I think the "more advanced among us" can understand that.

Dionysus
08-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Just because their means are flawed doesn't necessarily mean their concerns are not valid. For example, lack of water and medicine in the developing world, systemic tribal violence in sub-saharan africa, etc. are all serious problems.

I can be worried about my fellow man and not be an "International Marxist". I think the "more advanced among us" can understand that.

People should be free to be charitable or not as they see fit. Needless suffering is probably not good in most cases. But humans have different inherent capabilities to form the environments around them as well. That last point is critical, IMO. Personally, I also find it bigoted to assume that a sub-Saharan African wants to have Western medicine and shop at Ikea and have a cubicle job as their highest aspiration in life, and they only need a hand from the West to get them there.

Perhaps they enjoy their tribal violence and need it as an outlet for overflowing vitality and will to life. Maybe 2000 years of Christianity has made you incapable of understanding such things. Perhaps some of those in the West are ready to renounce meat and embrace Buddhism, but are we all ready for that?

Imperial
08-29-2009, 05:46 PM
People should be free to be charitable or not as they see fit. Needless suffering is probably not good in most cases. But humans have different inherent capabilities to form the environments around them as well. That last point is critical, IMO. Personally, I also find it bigoted to assume that a sub-Saharan African wants to have Western medicine and shop at Ikea and have a cubicle job as their highest aspiration in life, and they only need a hand from the West to get them there.

Perhaps they enjoy their tribal violence and need it as an outlet for overflowing vitality and will to life. Maybe 2000 years of Christianity has made you incapable of understanding such things. Perhaps some of those in the West are ready to renounce meat and embrace Buddhism, but are we all ready for that?

O no, i do agree with you for the most part. There is a distinct danger of imperialism with foreign aid that becomes a sort of neo-colonialism. Your last point I wouldn't agree with, as tribal violence is not a choice for all actors. Instead, only some actors are partaking in the violence while others have a lower quality of life without their own free will. Which is also similar with issues like water shortage and disease too.

I just was speaking of max saying that because she cares about human rights, or even advocates certain wrong means, does not equate "international marxism". Some people get the wrong idea and advocate either just pouring money or some form of government intervention to solve human rights. Sometimes they do get it right too.

Dionysus
08-29-2009, 06:33 PM
O no, i do agree with you for the most part. There is a distinct danger of imperialism with foreign aid that becomes a sort of neo-colonialism. Your last point I wouldn't agree with, as tribal violence is not a choice for all actors. Instead, only some actors are partaking in the violence while others have a lower quality of life without their own free will. Which is also similar with issues like water shortage and disease too.

I just was speaking of max saying that because she cares about human rights, or even advocates certain wrong means, does not equate "international marxism". Some people get the wrong idea and advocate either just pouring money or some form of government intervention to solve human rights. Sometimes they do get it right too.

All good points.

LibertyEagle is probably right, NWO front. Saw Naomi Wolf's End of America last night on the Netflix, good movie. Thought provoking. I can't claim to know what motivates this big fascist push for all the players, but something sure is rotten in the state of Denmark.