PDA

View Full Version : College Democrats & Soviet style artwork

legion
08-28-2009, 11:33 PM
College Democrats had this poster hung up at their booth today.

http://www.maketimetodesign.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/POWER-UP-obey.jpg

I guess it may have been done by the guy responsible for the Obey clothing line, but still, I think it crosses a line when you bring artwork like this into the political arena.

As an asside... You know the Obey guy, who got started making "andre the giant has a posse" stickers with the intention of making anti-corporate branding... fast forward to today when you can pick up his shirts at the mall for like $70...

Freedom 4 all
08-28-2009, 11:59 PM
College kids seem to have a hard-on for communism these days. Seems everyday I see Che Guevera stickers, T-shirts and posters everywhere. Also of note is the fact that one candidate for president of the student federation had "A True Commie" as his campaign slogan. Seriously think about that. This is what he said to get people to vote for him.

youngbuck
08-29-2009, 01:22 AM
College kids seem to have a hard-on for communism these days. Seems everyday I see Che Guevera stickers, T-shirts and posters everywhere. Also of note is the fact that one candidate for president of the student federation had "A True Commie" as his campaign slogan. Seriously think about that. This is what he said to get people to vote for him.

Yep, that's the kids in my American Government class, and the teacher (don't think she's an actual professor).