PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I want to do: Give out Ron Paul pens!!!!!

rwl4
09-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Here's the idea:

I go to a restaurant (or where ever) and they bring me my bill. I hand them my card, they charge it, and bring back a receipt for me to sign. I pull out my Ron Paul pen and sign it, leave a big tip, put the pen with the receipt, and leave.

People always need pens. Especially pens for people to sign their signatures. This is a great way to get Ron Paul's name in restaurants, coffee stands, grocery stores, etc. And it actually helps the merchant!

Now I need to know where I can find some pens. Anybody?

hard@work
09-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Here's the idea:

I go to a restaurant (or where ever) and they bring me my bill. I hand them my card, they charge it, and bring back a receipt for me to sign. I pull out my Ron Paul pen and sign it, leave a big tip, put the pen with the receipt, and leave.

People always need pens. Especially pens for people to sign their signatures. This is a great way to get Ron Paul's name in restaurants, coffee stands, grocery stores, etc. And it actually helps the merchant!

Also maybe a small flyer about the tips bill.

OptionsTrader
09-28-2007, 02:47 PM
This is a great idea.

With something like the following printed on the pens:

"Ron Paul for President - Ronpaul2008.com
No Taxes on Tips - Constitutional Government - Free Markets"

rwl4
09-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Heh.. Well, the restaurant/store might throw away the flyer after (hopefully) reading it, but they'll KEEP the pen! :)

Now where do we get these pens? I would buy hundreds of them. I think it's a great subtle attack on ignorance in America.

Razmear
Mild dyslexia combined with the exclamation marks made your subject line a bit on the freaky side :D

But Great Idea, any everyday consumable that can hold Ron Paul's name should be considered.

eb

angelatc
Here's the idea:

They're not hard to find. Google "Advertising pens" or "Promotional Pens" but they aren't cheap.

OptionsTrader
09-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Mild dyslexia combined with the exclamation marks made your subject line a bit on the freaky side :D
eb

I just got that...lol

rwl4
09-28-2007, 02:54 PM
hahaha.. me too. :)

OptionsTrader, I like your idea for the text.. Anybody else have ideas they might want to add?

McDermit
09-28-2007, 02:56 PM
We've been doing this for months. Small quantities of the most popular (and cheapest) pens we have are on ebay. My ex lists a lot of our custom RP stuff on ebay.

I give them away at fairs and concerts and whatnot as well. And anywhere I talk to anyone. Restaurants, offices, store clerks, sales people, doctors, whatever. They get a pen and a slim jim or a pen and a liberty card.

Nefertiti
09-28-2007, 02:57 PM
I was at a convention a couple months ago where there was a booth operated by the Taiwanese government. They were giving away these clever pens that had a map of Taiwan rolled up inside. It would be neat to have some of those pens with a copy of the Declaration of Independence in them.

McDermit
09-28-2007, 03:02 PM
I was at a convention a couple months ago where there was a booth operated by the Taiwanese government. They were giving away these clever pens that had a map of Taiwan rolled up inside. It would be neat to have some of those pens with a copy of the Declaration of Independence in them.

That sort of customization gets really pricey though. Just a copy of a mini constitution is $.50. Something like that would run you probably $3/ea. minimum if you bought 10,000.

rwl4
09-28-2007, 03:07 PM
So there's somebody out there who sells Ron Paul cards in bulk, but nobody who sells Ron Paul pens in bulk? I'm researching the promotional pens companies and it looks like quite a pain. ;-) Either way, I plan to make this happen.

rwl4
10-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Anybody else want to get involved?

Corydoras
10-21-2007, 10:36 PM
I would suggest doing a search for the words
cheap promotional stick pens
and looking at the companies that show up on the right margin.
How many pens are you thinking to buy? I'm seeing $0.36 each for 250.
Be careful to avoid "screen" or "setup" charges.

McDermit
10-22-2007, 12:35 AM
How many people actually use the super cheapo stick pens? They're crap and most won't keep them for long. And if you go with a non-name brand (BIC are usually ok,) 9 times out of 10, they don't write well at all.

Whereas if you put more into it and get a nice, quality pen, people will use it all the time and won't end up tossing it a couple days after recieving it. Quality counts, and so does appearance.

terlinguatx
10-22-2007, 12:39 AM

McDermit
10-22-2007, 12:40 AM
My ex has something like 25000 pens sitting in her garage, 4 or 5 styles I think. She got them months ago and has been giving them away at fairs/festivals/gop functions and in every day interactions. Huge hit, and people always fuss over the quality and how attractive they are. (And the fact they they write black. Don't buy blue ink!)

Corydoras
10-22-2007, 12:48 AM
And the fact they they write black. Don't buy blue ink!

Just merely curious about that... why? When you sign letters, contracts, and the like with blue ink, it's easier to tell which is the original and which is the copy. Just wondering.

Corydoras
10-22-2007, 12:49 AM
My ex has something like 25000 pens sitting in her garage, 4 or 5 styles I think.

That's a very serious number of pens. What's her eBay name so we can look up where she's selling them?

McDermit
10-22-2007, 01:07 AM
That's a very serious number of pens. What's her eBay name so we can look up where she's selling them?

I don't even know if she's got any listed at the moment, but it's CaptainFlanigan.

McDermit
10-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Just merely curious about that... why? When you sign letters, contracts, and the like with blue ink, it's easier to tell which is the original and which is the copy. Just wondering.

not entirely sure, but the older crowd really seems partial to black ink. Lots of middle aged guys asked about the color too.

One guess, blue is hard for the visually impaired to read. Black offers a better contrast and appears darker. And a lot of schools around here never allowed blue ink in the "old days." when I was in school, we still had some sticklers who wouldn't accept anything but black. Now it seems that even purple and green are acceptable though, so who knows.

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Lol! I prefer black ink, but part of the reason is my generation grew up having to use blue ink for everything. I got sick of it. Black ink was something different and since it was different from what most others were using, it stuck out. I'm talking about in business here. Purple ink and the like, doesn't fly so well.

Chip
10-22-2007, 02:35 AM
I can get pens. We should get some that say ronpaulradio.org. Then buy the domain and set up a shoutcast server and tell those kids at ronpaulradio.com they need more Dr. Paul and less foul mouthed threats. Anyone interested in helping out and having a voice.

Drknows
10-22-2007, 02:39 AM
I can get pens. We should get some that say ronpaulradio.org. Then buy the domain and set up a shoutcast server and tell those kids at ronpaulradio.com they need more Dr. Paul and less foul mouthed threats. Anyone interested in helping out and having a voice.

Why do you hate ronpaulradio? i dont get the beef.

Corydoras
10-22-2007, 02:46 AM
Why do you hate ronpaulradio? i dont get the beef.

That's in the thread about "Spammers in our midst." Let's keep that discussion over there.

Corydoras
10-22-2007, 02:49 AM
I don't even know if she's got any listed at the moment, but it's CaptainFlanigan.

Somebody else has Ron Paul pens on there, but she doesn't seem to have any.

Looks like there's a ready market for them!
:)

Chip
10-22-2007, 06:16 AM
If you ever get bulk pens that say anything about Ron Paul I will buy a box.

If you do it in 10 days or less I will donate $100 to Ron Paul 2008.

That goes for anyone else too.

McDermit
11-12-2007, 10:07 AM
she has them listed again now. Searching "ron Paul pens" brings them up.

VRP08
11-12-2007, 10:15 AM
i'd put freemetv on the pens too

ladyliberty
11-12-2007, 10:17 AM
link?

McDermit
11-12-2007, 10:20 PM
link?

search on ebay for "ron paul pens"

someone else has some flag stylee ones listed now. the ex's are the sharp looking blue and red click style pens.

McDermit
11-13-2007, 08:13 PM
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcaptainflanigan

Electrostatic
11-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Also maybe a small flyer about the tips bill.

No, too much, I worked food service for 10 years... Just "Ron Paul 2008" on one side an "Keep Your Tips!" on the other, imo...

It will get their attention.