PDA

View Full Version : Youtube Question Poll by Freedomworks

Dustancostine
09-28-2007, 02:41 PM
http://www.freedomworks.org/youtube/

Just got this email from Freedomworks.com. They are asking a Youtube question for the CNN/Youtube Debates. What ever question gets the most votes, they will ask.

We should all go and vote for the following question:

Economics
From Adam Smith to John Keynes, the study of economics has a profound impact on the way we organize our laws, government, and society.

Who is your favorite economist, and why?

Because RP is probably the only candidate that knows any economist. He was actually a board member of the Von Mises Institute.

Lets get this question in for RP.

--Dustan

LibertyEagle
09-28-2007, 05:41 PM
bump

libertarian4321
09-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Yes, Ron Paul is probably more capable of giving a speech on theories Von Mises or Hayek than the other candidates.

However, to the average American, who thinks Adam Smith is the guy who won "Big Brother 5" and John Keynes is the guy who played starred with Terri Hatcher in "Lois and Clark", that kind of question and answer will do nothing to sway their support to Ron Paul. I can't see the average voter saying "Look, Ron Paul knows who Friedrich Hayek is, and Giuliani doesn't. I'm voting for Ron Paul!"

TAXES, on the other hand, are a concern to most people- its a far better issue than "who is your favorite economist."

libertythor
09-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Just voted, and I got a message from good old DICK ARMEY.

That name always cracked me up.

libertythor
09-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey!!!! The vote total didn't go up!

Dustancostine
09-28-2007, 06:37 PM
But I would love to hear the other candidates fumble around. I can hear Huckabee now "My favorite economist is Jesus Christ........blah blah blah"

--Dustan