PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck is on Fire Today!!!

FreedomFighter8008
08-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Watching him now. Hope someone tubes this 'cause it will be worth rewatching.

Flash
08-28-2009, 03:23 PM
I was just going to make a thread about it. He ripped George Bush & The Republican Party a part.

amy31416
08-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Oooooh. I like.

Please someone post the Tube here when it comes up.

Bergie Bergeron
08-28-2009, 03:54 PM
YouTube or it didn't happen.

1000-points-of-fright
08-28-2009, 03:55 PM
He lost me at the end of his In or Out 2010 segment.

It went something like this... The United States is the greatest country in the world and I will not apologize for actions that have served to free and feed more people in the world than any other country.

OK, can we at least acknowledge actions that have served to oppress and starve people in the world? Just because you do a lot of good things does not absolve you of the bad things you do.

And that Triumph of the Will video at the end was just too jingoistic for me.

Beck always does this. He talks a good game and then he just fucks it up.

Sandra
08-28-2009, 03:56 PM
I was just going to make a thread about it. He ripped George Bush & The Republican Party a part.

His handlers keep a close eye on this forum. Three times yesterday members mention GB and his soft commentary on the Bush administration.

Cowlesy
08-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Decent show --- he did light up Republicans pretty good. I'll have to see what the show says next week.

RPinUptownChi
08-28-2009, 04:01 PM
--

bunklocoempire
08-28-2009, 04:04 PM

It went something like this... The United States is the greatest country in the world and I will not apologize for actions that have served to free and feed more people in the world than any other country.

OK, can we at least acknowledge actions that have served to oppress and starve people in the world? Just because you do a lot of good things does not absolve you of the bad things you do.

Kinda befuddled with that "in or out" thing also.

Sovereignty is great and don't answer to U.N as one point., but, feed and freed policy is great too as another point? Hows all that suppose to work at the same time? It hasn't worked out. :confused:

Bunkloco

linux
08-28-2009, 04:06 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing. Why would he include that stupid bullshit at the tail end of some great statements. It did that same shit with his 12 principles. He just had to add some god stuff or something that ruined the whole thing. Whatever. Just when I think he is going to get something rolling I end up double palming my face.

FreedomFighter8008
08-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Glenn Beck is the worst, he could have been a huge help during the primaries for Ron Paul and instead ignored him like the rest of the MSM and GOP establishment. I can't understand why anyone who believes in what Ron Paul says would even think about watching Glenn Beck's show. And he cries like a little bitch all the time on the TV, I can't even watch it.

People change. Get over it. He's getting a lot of things right at the moment, so we can at least acknowledge him for that. Now, if RP runs in 2012 and Beck doesn't join the R3volution, well, we can nail him then. Until then, I say give him a lot of credit for what he's doing now.

Flash
08-28-2009, 04:08 PM
The only thing I didn't like about today's show is the assault on the Liberal blogs. It was great when he exposed MSNBC for what it was on yesterday's show, but a few anonymous bloggers talking sh*t about glenn Beck shouldn't have been brought up on a national stage.

FreedomFighter8008
08-28-2009, 04:08 PM

I actually liked that part, although I admit, my attention was split between that and e-mail. Hopefully it gets posted on his site so I can read it in its entirety.

FreedomFighter8008
08-28-2009, 04:14 PM
The only thing I didn't like about today's show is the assault on the Liberal blogs. It was great when he exposed MSNBC for what it was on yesterday's show, but a few anonymous bloggers talking sh*t about glenn Beck shouldn't have been brought up on a national stage.

You missed the point. That launched the whole slam of all those guys who only resort to name-calling instead of having an intellegent discussion about the facts. This doesn't just include a few people sitting in their pjs on a laptop at home blogging to an audience of 5 people.

TinCanToNA
08-28-2009, 04:14 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing. Why would he include that stupid bullshit at the tail end of some great statements. It did that same shit with his 12 principles. He just had to add some god stuff or something that ruined the whole thing. Whatever. Just when I think he is going to get something rolling I end up double palming my face.He's playing the patriot card, which is very smart of him to do. You know who else plays the patriot card? The namesake of this forum.

Face it, Glen is playing to the tea party movement, which is not the Freedom Movement as you apparently wish it to be. In spite of all the anarchy running rampant on this forum, Ron Paul and, I would wager, most of his supporters are patriots, not anarchists. They recognize the huge deviance from the Constitution as the sin, not necessarily the government itself.

RPinUptownChi
08-28-2009, 04:16 PM
--

Pericles
08-28-2009, 04:17 PM
He's playing the patriot card, which is very smart of him to do. You know who else plays the patriot card? The namesake of this forum.

Face it, Glen is playing to the tea party movement, which is not the Freedom Movement as you apparently wish it to be. In spite of all the anarchy running rampant on this forum, Ron Paul and, I would wager, most of his supporters are patriots, not anarchists. They recognize the huge deviance from the Constitution as the sin, not necessarily the government itself.

I resemble that remark.

linux
08-28-2009, 04:18 PM
People change. Get over it. He's getting a lot of things right at the moment, so we can at least acknowledge him for that. Now, if RP runs in 2012 and Beck doesn't join the R3volution, well, we can nail him then. Until then, I say give him a lot of credit for what he's doing now.

Exactly. Like it or not, he is getting the right message out at this moment. I used to be a neocon, lots of us did. Accept it and move on.

FreedomFighter8008
08-28-2009, 04:20 PM
He's playing the patriot card, which is very smart of him to do. You know who else plays the patriot card? The namesake of this forum.

+1

Cowlesy
08-28-2009, 04:20 PM
I didn't like the end video.

Glenn says a lot of things I want people to hear when they watch his show, but then I also disagree with his nuances. It is our jobs to support his good points and discredit his nuances (whether he means them or not).

Liberty Star
08-28-2009, 04:22 PM
He be on fire even more when he gets traded out to MSNBC due to ad revenue probs at Faux.

CNN->Fox->MSNBC , fake media journey would be completed.

FreedomFighter8008
08-28-2009, 04:25 PM
He be on fire even more when he gets traded out to MSNBC due to ad revenue probs at Faux.

CNN->Fox->MSNBC , fake media journey would be completed.

Gee, such bitterness. Some of you guys just can't see the war for the battle.

KAYA
08-28-2009, 04:28 PM

THANK YOU! No one is freaking perfect but if I'm going to complain about someone it'll be Nancy Pelosi not Glenn Beck.

There is NO ONE in big media carrying the torch for Liberty like Beck is doing right now. We have differences but we must unite for liberty, freemarkets, the constitution and opposition to big government tyranny.

Liberty Star
08-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Opportunist neocon media pimps and demagogues losing left and right is a happy event :)

Hopefully most of if not all crooks in MSM would be driven out of biz by fighting one another and ads boycott. Freedom march sometimes works out in strange ways.

Flash
08-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Now, if RP runs in 2012 and Beck doesn't join the R3volution, well, we can nail him then. Until then, I say give him a lot of credit for what he's doing now.

I disagree slightly. He has already proven himself by having Rand Paul on both is radio show & TV show.

FreedomFighter8008
08-28-2009, 04:31 PM
I disagree slightly. He has already proven himself by having Rand Paul on both is radio show & TV show.

True that.

KAYA
08-28-2009, 04:32 PM

This is true he has had Rand on and is on record saying Rand Paul is his ideal political leader.

FreedomFighter8008
08-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Opportunist neocon media pimps and demagogues losing left and right is a happy event :)

Hopefully most of if not all crooks in MSM would be driven out of biz by fighting one another and ads boycott. Freedom march sometimes works out in strange ways.

Liberty Star . . . oh, nevermind . . . *sigh*

Liberty Star
08-28-2009, 04:43 PM
FreedomFighter, my views of him are based on these facts that I stated in other discussion:

So far, Glenn's support for:

700 Billion dollar bail out - Check
Patriot Act - check
$1 trillion and rising Iraq spending - Check
$3-$5 trillion potential Iran war - check
Associating Ron Paul movement with terrorists - Check

What exactly in your observation over the years makes him anything other than a neo-liberal or neo-conservative aka neocon?

Can any person supporting Constitution and Liberties stand behind a guy like this?

It's not about personalities, I try to base my views on principles I consider important. If you can cite any credible view from him that aligns with respect for Liberties or Constiution, I am open minded about changing my views.

Son of Detroit
08-28-2009, 04:53 PM
FreedomFighter, my views of him are based on these facts that I stated in other discussion:

I'd say a good bit of us here supported at least one of those things at some time. I know I did before I discovered Ron Paul. My political views did a 180 in only about 3 months time.

It's not impossible for people to change.

Liberty Star
08-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I'd say a good bit of us here supported at least one of those things at some time. I know I did before I discovered Ron Paul. My political views did a 180 in only about 3 months time.

It's not impossible for people to change.

Of course change is possible. I was asking for something to support such a view, I haven't seen anything that suggests any change.

Deborah K
08-28-2009, 05:33 PM
I liked the 5 points he had up on that board. Those were good. I'd like to take them to my town hall meeting tomorrow and ask my congressman if he intends to adhere to them.

1000-points-of-fright
08-28-2009, 05:44 PM
The 5th point sucked. That's one of the reasons for the blowback we receive. We always crow about the great things we do, but never acknowledge the shitty things we do.

It's just like the stupid left-right paradigm. It's either America is the source of all trouble in the world or America can do no wrong. There is a rational middle road, y'know.

Deborah K
08-28-2009, 05:52 PM
The 5th point sucked. That's one of the reasons for the blowback we receive. We always crow about the great things we do, but never acknowledge the shitty things we do.

It's just like the stupid left-right paradigm. It's either America is the source of all trouble in the world or America can do no wrong. There is a rational middle road, y'know.

Obama has already kissed enough ass for an enternity! It's time to move on.

StudentForPaul08
08-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Well to blindly say we should not "apologize" for America is retarded. What that really means is we should not criticize United States foreign policy and if we do then we think America is a horrible country. This whole thought process makes no sense and it is a Neo-con talking point.

1000-points-of-fright
08-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Obama has already kissed enough ass for an enternity! It's time to move on.

Yes, but he did it in a really vague "Yes, we've made mistakes in the past" sort of way. Nothing specific. That's all we get out of anyone in government. Just vague platitudes.

I think it would go a long way if a President said "It was wrong and a mistake to overthrow Mossadegh in 1953. We're sorry and we won't do things like that anymore." Or "We talk a lot about freedom and democracy but we've supported oppressive dictators for our own benefit. That's wrong and we're going to stop"

Of course, the reason nobody says stuff like that is because they don't plan on stopping it.

PatriotOne
08-28-2009, 06:41 PM

Oh puhleeeese. Beck is nothing more than a high paid actor saying the lines he's been given. He's not allowed to spout off his own views. NONE of them are.

Beck is the shit stirrer. The provocateer. Everyone on this forum should know by now that civil war is what they want. Martial Law. Beck's job is to wake the sheeple up enough to know they should be pissed...difficult job but someone has to do it.

Beck isn't our friend and he will stab you in the back if his handlers say to do it.

heavenlyboy34
08-28-2009, 06:41 PM
my 2 cents: beware the disinformation/misinformation of Beck.

Working Poor
08-28-2009, 06:44 PM
found the tubage:

YouTube - Glenn Beck- Come After Me, I'm Going To Keep Exposing These Folks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeXuxra0kQ8)

purplechoe
08-28-2009, 06:46 PM
YouTube - Glenn Beck: August 28, 1/7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES4wFJa5bzs)

YouTube - Glenn Beck: August 28, 2/7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63LC1_2TPKs)

YouTube - Glenn Beck: August 28, 3/7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boPtwGUDTZ4)

YouTube - Glenn Beck: August 28, 4/7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OfGElVqMJg)

YouTube - Glenn Beck: August 28, 5/7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLjFKmF9XPs)

YouTube - Glenn Beck: August 28, 6/7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyAOPTyve-4)

FreedomFighter8008
08-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Awesome, Working Poor. Thanks for posting.

Imperial
08-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Yes, but he did it in a really vague "Yes, we've made mistakes in the past" sort of way. Nothing specific. That's all we get out of anyone in government. Just vague platitudes.

I think it would go a long way if a President said "It was wrong and a mistake to overthrow Mossadegh in 1953. We're sorry and we won't do things like that anymore." Or "We talk a lot about freedom and democracy but we've supported oppressive dictators for our own benefit. That's wrong and we're going to stop"

Of course, the reason nobody says stuff like that is because they don't plan on stopping it.

That is actually how the candidacy of John Anderson had heated up against Ronald Reagan in 1980. He said he would have voted against the Tonkin Gulf Resolution if he could do it over again, and that set him off in the field. But he had to take his bid to an independent line and ended up with 7% and participation in only 1 debate.

JeNNiF00F00
08-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Looks like the Liberals are responding to his show. They still bash him for being a crazy hater lol

KAYA
08-28-2009, 07:34 PM

I think you are missing the point. Yeah the USA has f'up, but holy shit have you checked into the histories of the other countries? I agree with point 5 and I believe Ron Paul would too.

Why should our Pres go on an apology tour to places like Egypt (freaking Egypt) and appease for mistakes like water boarding while these countries continue to oppress women, execute people for political and/or religious beliefs and cut off limbs as punishment for crimes?

Flash
08-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Looks like the Liberals are responding to his show. They still bash him for being a crazy hater lol

Just go to News.Google.Com
Every Liberal online newspaper is throwing a hissy fit over him.

Stary Hickory
08-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Glenn Beck is doing Libertarians a lot of favors these days. He is one of the best MSM folks that brings up issues that resemble Libertarian views. I just can't get what is with folks bashing him. No one is saying you need to worship every word he says, but lets be objective Glenn Beck has tackled some tough subjects and shed a lot of light on really important issues.

He openly discussed the FED and hyperinflation amongst other things. I am glad he is on FOX news. Think of all the Neocons he reaches.

tonesforjonesbones
08-28-2009, 09:14 PM
THAT sunuvagun is good. Hate him if you want, but he is a GREAT speaker ...he hits right in the gut. Fabulous. thanks for that. TOnes (oh...and he's right...right right RIGHT)

tonesforjonesbones
08-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Glenn Beck 2012. tones

JeNNiF00F00
08-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Just go to News.Google.Com
Every Liberal online newspaper is throwing a hissy fit over him.

Yeah, its starting to piss me off. These people will never wake up. They don't live in the same realm as we do and never will.

lx43
08-28-2009, 10:26 PM
While I don't agree with everything Glenn says I am liking a lot of what he is doing lately.

LibertyKY
08-28-2009, 10:36 PM
On fire... as in Liar Liar, Pants on Fire?

Freedom 4 all
08-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Seems like the more I see Glenn Beck, the more I like him.

SimpleName
08-29-2009, 12:01 AM
The show was a bit of a let down. I liked most of what he said, but the In & Out segment was rather lame and loud. It had that annoying ignorant Republican sound to it. The rest of the week was phenomenal, but this show...blah. Too much patriot crap and not enough philosophical speech.

Live_Free_Or_Die
08-29-2009, 12:38 AM
I am in the crowd of people around that remember '07 well and remain skeptical and maybe even a little optimistic about Glenn Beck's sincerity.

I think Glenn Beck is at his best when he makes points and then hammers the audience with the facts to support it.

I think Glenn Beck could gain more respect among this crowd by revisiting his domestic terrorist piece on Ron Paul supporters in 2007 and making amends. A little recognition for some of the positive impacts that have been carried forward beyond the campaign would be nice.

Imperial
08-29-2009, 12:48 AM
I only liked the middle of the show in parts. That last video was kindof frightening. To me it seemed a combo of the power of the state augmented by the mob....

BenIsForRon
08-29-2009, 01:04 AM
I watched a little beck today for the first time in a long time. He is just not a very smart person. He's a little crazy too.

YouTube - Glenn Beck on Barack Obama: "This guy is, I believe, a racist" [FOX News] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI_0Kt_e3Go)

Seriously, come on.

bunklocoempire
08-29-2009, 05:01 AM
Glenn Beck is doing Libertarians a lot of favors these days. He is one of the best MSM folks that brings up issues that resemble Libertarian views. I just can't get what is with folks bashing him. No one is saying you need to worship every word he says, but lets be objective Glenn Beck has tackled some tough subjects and shed a lot of light on really important issues.

He openly discussed the FED and hyperinflation amongst other things. I am glad he is on FOX news. Think of all the Neocons he reaches.

Well... to help you get the drift of some of the Beck bashing, first please re-read your post.

“Is Beck doing Libertarians a favor?” No, not really, not true Libertarians. He's only watering down a Libertarian message. Diluting the medicine. Creating neoLibs.

“Think of all the neocons he reaches.” The reason there are so many neocons is because the "conservative" message was watered down, no? Sure, watering down a “conservative” message may have helped spread something that

resembled conservative views…now we're dealing with the results.

There are plenty folks who are done with the lowering of the bar. We always hear our Country is on the brink, so... we should aim lower or just enough to avoid catastrophe? :confused:

The “Beck bashing” is the “..animated contest of freedom..”:)

It is simply Liberty minded folk encouraging or daring other Liberty minded folk to aim higher or even over-steer, because of the urgency of our situation.

Bunkloco

kaleidoscope eyes
08-29-2009, 05:06 AM
When he stops talking outta both sides of his mouth, maybe he can garner some trust. Until then, he's nothing but an entertaining puppet.

Sandra
08-29-2009, 06:37 AM
What talent agency represents Beck... no, seriously. His past talent agents can give insight as to the type talent they represent.

tonesforjonesbones
08-29-2009, 07:55 AM
I wasn't crazy about the psychologist...the rest of it was great. tones

FreedomFighter8008
08-29-2009, 08:45 AM
i wasn't crazy about the psychologist...the rest of it was great. Tones

+1000

Liberty Star
08-29-2009, 01:15 PM
On fire... as in Liar Liar, Pants on Fire?

That's not fair to Fox news producers and MSM.

I admit I have been under the impression that Beck was paid to lie but after watching this incredible uncensored clip the second time, I'm beginning to think it may be wrong to judge a book by its cover. Don't look at the lable of video but listen to what he says to judge the man:

YouTube - Glenn Beck - Ron Paul - Terrorism? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg8M2JBIoqo)

iddo
08-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Just because you do a lot of good things does not absolve you of the bad things you do.
+1
Added his words of wisdom here: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/American_benevolence

I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet. You know what, when everybody else apologizes for all the crap they've done then we can apologize for our crap too. Boo-hoo, cry me a river.

bunklocoempire
08-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Becks lil' In or Out thingy.

1. I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.

2. I believe government should not increase the financial burden on its citizenry during difficult economic times therefore I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded.

3. I believe more than four decades of U.S. dependence on foreign oil is a travesty therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas, and coal as necessary.

4. I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why and I will vehemently oppose any measure giving

another country, the United Nations, or any other entity, power over U.S. citizens.

5. I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.

RE: 4 and 5, IMO Beck may have wanted to save a pledge and combined 4 & 5.:

I believe in the sovereignty of our country and will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the United Nations, or any other entity, power

over U.S. citizens, unless of course it affects current policies and actions as feeding and freeing people around the world done poorly of course through

government instead of being done freely by individuals. Government policies which have undermined and continue to undermine U.S. sovereignty I will not apologize for.

Curious how a sound monetary policy would take care of all these supposed worries concerning an individual, and, at the same time promote freedom and Liberty, yet, sound money would hamper a government relying currently on fiat money

supposedly to do the same thing.

Maybe that’ll be in Becks next pledge thingy.

No hard feelings. Just food for thought. Use Beck if you can.

Bunkloco