PDA

View Full Version : Legislative Exchange Council - Ltd Gov, Free Mkts, Federalism!

Matt Collins
08-28-2009, 12:52 PM
I was having a discussion with a state legislature this morning and they told me about this organization:

http://www.alec.org/

The mission of the American Legislative Exchange Council is...

...to advance the Jeffersonian principles of free markets, limited government, federalism, and individual liberty, through a nonpartisan public-private partnership of America's state legislators, members of the private sector, the federal government, and general public.

...to promote these principles by developing policies that ensure the powers of government are derived from, and assigned to, first the People, then the States, and finally, the Federal Government.

...to enlist state legislators from all parties and members of the private sector who share ALEC's mission.

...to conduct a policy making program that unites members of the public and private sectors in a dynamic partnership to support research, policy development, and dissemination activities.

...to prepare the next generation of political leadership through educational programs that promote the principles of Jeffersonian democracy, which are necessary for a free society.

Matt Collins
08-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Essentially from my understanding it's where legislators exchange ideas and information about potential bills and such with a limited government objective.