PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

TheConstitutionLives
08-28-2009, 12:48 AM
Sorry, but I don't understand how the rankings work for books not released yet on Amazon. How can we get him to #1 on launch day if most people already pre ordered the book since Amazon is already tabulating and ranking the sales of "End The Fed"? It's currently ranked at #25 in NonFiction today and the book isn't out yet. See what I'm saying? We're told to "pre order" but wouldn't it be better to buy the day of launch? Confused. Why do they keep track of the number of books sold and give you a ranking if all the preorders don't even count til launch day? Do they simply add all the previous preorder sales together and WHAM he's number 1? Doesn't make good sense to me. Amazon sales rankings are updated hourly so if he got #1 b/c of pre-orders then he'd probably only be #1 for the first hour of the release day (the hour the preorder numbers affect the ranking). I'm dizzy

Flash
08-28-2009, 12:51 AM
I asked this a while ago and got a sarcastic response. Honestly, I don't know. It looks like we should've picked a specific day to order the book. By the way, the Peter Schiff book bomb site is asking for everyone to order the book on September 22nd.

Epic
08-28-2009, 01:10 AM
the preorders just count toward the day that they are made i think

they should all count toward ny times list though

Dorfsmith
08-28-2009, 07:48 AM
the preorders just count toward the day that they are made i think

they should all count toward ny times list though

That's the way I understand it too.