PDA

View Full Version : You cannot give more than $2300 until the primaries

jj111
09-28-2007, 12:55 PM
You cannot give more than $2300 until the primaries

Somebody yesterday wrote you could give up to double the $2300 at this time.
It is not true.

I by mistake donated in aggregate a little more than $2300 and I got a phone call from the campaign today informing me of my overdonation and telling me that they had no choice other than refunding the amount over the limit.

Just to let others know about this.

Brent H
09-28-2007, 01:00 PM
How to legally donate $67K to Ron Paul as an individual

First thing to note is that Ron Paul is running TWO campaigns. One is for the Presidency, and the second is for Congress. Yes, that's right -- he's also running for relection as a congressman in Texas. You can legally provide $2,300 of face value in money to EACH campaign.

Now to the good part:

American Gold Eagles have a face value of $50, but have a current market value of about $735.

Buy 46 American Gold Eagles from http://www.nwtmintbullion.com/gold_americaneagle.php or a similar dealer and ship them to Ron Paul's headquarters. The face value of the coins is $2,300. Now, if the campaign so chooses, they can sell the coins for their market value if it strikes their fancy. 46 x $735 = $33,810.

Donate 46 coins to his Presidential campaign.
Donate 46 coins to his Congressional campaign.

LibertyEagle
09-28-2007, 01:02 PM
http://dailypaul.com/node/2472

You can NOT donate more than 2300!!!
Posted September 27th, 2007 by futureinmind

CORRECTION on this post :

I was just contacted by a member of the Ron Paul campaign who told me that, while this the below information is technically correct, the campaign is not set up to accept donations for the general election yet. There are Federal laws that must be adhered to - e.g. separate bank accounts and accounting, etc. and the campaign just isn't set up for it. Yet. This is not to say that they won't be in the future. However, at this point - ANY MONEY DONATED OVER THE $2,300 INDIVIDUAL LIMIT WILL BE RETURNED! The Campaign has asked me to correct this information in this post. If there are any future updates to this policy, I will make sure that you know about them.

Michael Nystrom
Editor
www.dailypaul.com

JenHarris
09-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Maybe the campaign just isn't accepting it yet. When I was looking at some HClinton contributions she was only refunding ones that were over 4600.

micahnelson
09-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Well she took like 800 large from Hsu

trispear
09-28-2007, 01:51 PM
I hope you didn't get that misinformation from me jj111:( I was just passing along what I heard from others here.

Still, it is good now to know the fact of the matter.

angelatc
09-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Maybe the campaign just isn't accepting it yet. When I was looking at some HClinton contributions she was only refunding ones that were over 4600.

You can do 4600 as a couple.