PDA

View Full Version : Signs of life, new C4L store items

RCA
08-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I haven't seen much of any updates on the C4L website recently. There are a few new items in the store. Check them out!

https://www.campaignforliberty.com/store/index.php

coyote_sprit
08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
The shop section needs to be more interactive. Looks like something from later 90's where all the products are listed on one page because of bandwidth restrictions and such.

RCA
08-27-2009, 07:18 PM
The shop section needs to be more interactive. Looks like something from later 90's where all the products are listed on one page because of bandwidth restrictions and such.

Great point, please add it here to our list of suggestions:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=206917

dr. hfn
08-28-2009, 08:46 PM
The C4L site has been built by like one guy, thats an amazing feat. And it's constantly updated man.

RCA
08-28-2009, 11:12 PM
The C4L site has been built by like one guy, thats an amazing feat. And it's constantly updated man.

Just one guy? That is an amazing feat, but a terrible management decision. I spoke with Alison Gibbs, director of outreach today and she said a new website is coming soon. So this may all be a moot point.

LittleLightShining
08-29-2009, 03:01 AM
Shipping is way too expensive.

LibertyEagle
08-29-2009, 03:45 AM
Shipping is way too expensive.

Are you aware that they recently added a whole bunch of new shipping options?

LittleLightShining
08-29-2009, 04:59 AM
Are you aware that they recently added a whole bunch of new shipping options?

Someone I know ordered a new flag using his discount. The flag was $11, the shipping was $14.

RCA
08-29-2009, 05:12 AM
Someone I know ordered a new flag using his discount. The flag was $11, the shipping was $14.

They just changed this, albeit a little late, but they just changed this. Now you can choose your shipping option.

LittleLightShining
08-29-2009, 06:59 AM
This happened yesterday? And shipping is still over $11 any way you figure it.

It just seems to me that if they really wanted to move stuff they would figure out how to make it affordable. The best advertising they can buy is a member in a t-shirt because most of us want to talk to others about what's going on in the world and our view of it.

Also, I am pretty disgusted about the conference. The basic ticket is $76 (which I guess is cheaper than elsewhere) plus $15 to have breakfast with Ron Paul. If you want to take advantage of all the briefings and receptions this will cost you another $976 on top of that not including travel to and from the venue and hotel rooms which (now sold out at the Radisson) will cost you anywhere from $80/night for what appears to be a bedbug infested dump to around $140/night to stay at the Hampton. I know C4L is working on discounted rates but seriously-- are most of us boots on the ground activists really able to shell out this kind of cash right now?

It's disheartening :(

LibertyEagle
08-29-2009, 07:07 AM
Is there anything good you have to say about C4L? Anything at all?

LittleLightShining
08-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Is there anything good you have to say about C4L? Anything at all?

Do you really think I want to be negative? I'm thrilled at the progress we've made with 1207. I really like getting the daily updates. I like being a part of something that proclaims my principles.

That said, do I not have valid issues?

In case you missed it elsewhere, VT is the fastest growing state organization (per capita, I guess). For your information that is largely due to the efforts of a very small group of people, myself included. If it wasn't for me personally putting pressure on national we wouldn't have an interim coordinator. If we didn't have Steven we wouldn't have grown as quickly as we have. He is exactly the guy we need, all of us here recognize this, yet we wouldn't have anyone if I didn't do what I do best-- be a squeaky wheel.

We have a saying in Vermont-- "I'm a Vermonta I do what I wanta." This should give you an idea about the kind of folk we have around here. What works in Texas isn't going to work in VT. That is, if our end goal is the same. So if I come across as negative about C4L it might be because I was hoping this was going to be different than other organizations and I'm not really seeing it yet. They're talking the talk and almost walking the walk but there's something a little off with the gait.

Members are being watched by the national to see how often we check our inboxes, how often we log in... What is that? Everytime I get a mailer it's a big flashy thing asking for money. I get robocalls asking for money. Where are the tools we were supposed to get? Is filling out an online form with information about elected officials and party operations considered tools? Is a recycled campaign video from the PCC supposed to be a tool? How am I supposed to tell someone who asks me if C4L is about trying to elect RP in 2012 that it isn't when the training videos are TALKING ABOUT PRECINCT TECHNIQUES FOR RON PAUL'S ELECTION CAMPAIGN???

From what I understand there are other issues going on which I'm not sure if I can divulge publicly so I'll abstain. But I will say that they have not made it easy for us to build our in state network by sharing contact information for potential new members. I have a hunch that when this information becomes available it will be closely guarded and difficult to access.

So, I'm a little miffed right now because:

I would love to go to this conference but I can't see how to swing it.

I would love to be convinced that spending at least $600 on something like this is a good way to spend money at this point in time.

I would love to be there to represent Vermont and New England. I would love for the C4L to consider those of us in New England when they plan events.

I would love to know that the organization I am doing so much to build is what I thought it was-- a bottom up group of grassroots activists who have some degree of autonomy in the various states depending on the membership therein.

Unfortunately, I'm not convinced I'll see any of this come to fruition. And it's frustrating. And if I have a comment to make about it I'll make it.

dr. hfn
08-29-2009, 10:09 AM
This happened yesterday? And shipping is still over $11 any way you figure it.

It just seems to me that if they really wanted to move stuff they would figure out how to make it affordable. The best advertising they can buy is a member in a t-shirt because most of us want to talk to others about what's going on in the world and our view of it.

Also, I am pretty disgusted about the conference. The basic ticket is $76 (which I guess is cheaper than elsewhere) plus $15 to have breakfast with Ron Paul. If you want to take advantage of all the briefings and receptions this will cost you another $976 on top of that not including travel to and from the venue and hotel rooms which (now sold out at the Radisson) will cost you anywhere from $80/night for what appears to be a bedbug infested dump to around $140/night to stay at the Hampton. I know C4L is working on discounted rates but seriously-- are most of us boots on the ground activists really able to shell out this kind of cash right now?

It's disheartening :(

I'm going to stay in a cheap hotel and go to the conference and have breakfast with ron. I'm really not complaining, I think it's a chance of a lifetime.

dr. hfn
08-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Do you really think I want to be negative? I'm thrilled at the progress we've made with 1207. I really like getting the daily updates. I like being a part of something that proclaims my principles.

That said, do I not have valid issues?

In case you missed it elsewhere, VT is the fastest growing state organization (per capita, I guess). For your information that is largely due to the efforts of a very small group of people, myself included. If it wasn't for me personally putting pressure on national we wouldn't have an interim coordinator. If we didn't have Steven we wouldn't have grown as quickly as we have. He is exactly the guy we need, all of us here recognize this, yet we wouldn't have anyone if I didn't do what I do best-- be a squeaky wheel.

We have a saying in Vermont-- "I'm a Vermonta I do what I wanta." This should give you an idea about the kind of folk we have around here. What works in Texas isn't going to work in VT. That is, if our end goal is the same. So if I come across as negative about C4L it might be because I was hoping this was going to be different than other organizations and I'm not really seeing it yet. They're talking the talk and almost walking the walk but there's something a little off with the gait.

Members are being watched by the national to see how often we check our inboxes, how often we log in... What is that? Everytime I get a mailer it's a big flashy thing asking for money. I get robocalls asking for money. Where are the tools we were supposed to get? Is filling out an online form with information about elected officials and party operations considered tools? Is a recycled campaign video from the PCC supposed to be a tool? How am I supposed to tell someone who asks me if C4L is about trying to elect RP in 2012 that it isn't when the training videos are TALKING ABOUT PRECINCT TECHNIQUES FOR RON PAUL'S ELECTION CAMPAIGN???

From what I understand there are other issues going on which I'm not sure if I can divulge publicly so I'll abstain. But I will say that they have not made it easy for us to build our in state network by sharing contact information for potential new members. I have a hunch that when this information becomes available it will be closely guarded and difficult to access.

So, I'm a little miffed right now because:

I would love to go to this conference but I can't see how to swing it.

I would love to be convinced that spending at least $600 on something like this is a good way to spend money at this point in time.

I would love to be there to represent Vermont and New England. I would love for the C4L to consider those of us in New England when they plan events.

I would love to know that the organization I am doing so much to build is what I thought it was-- a bottom up group of grassroots activists who have some degree of autonomy in the various states depending on the membership therein.

Unfortunately, I'm not convinced I'll see any of this come to fruition. And it's frustrating. And if I have a comment to make about it I'll make it.

You actually have really good points here.

LittleLightShining
08-29-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm going to stay in a cheap hotel and go to the conference and have breakfast with ron. I'm really not complaining, I think it's a chance of a lifetime.
If I could go it's what I would do, too. Where are you staying?

You actually have really good points here.Thanks :)

muzzled dogg
08-29-2009, 02:44 PM
what's new here?

AuH2O
09-01-2009, 06:32 AM
C4L takes a serious loss on every regional conference. I don't know exactly what more they can do to cover the expenses you might face accompanying an event outside of a large Northeastern city.

LittleLightShining
09-01-2009, 06:34 AM
C4L takes a serious loss on every regional conference. I don't know exactly what more they can do to cover the expenses you might face accompanying an event outside of a large Northeastern city.
Do they really?

That doesn't encourage me at all. It actually makes me a little sick.

AuH2O
09-01-2009, 06:53 AM
Do they really?

That doesn't encourage me at all. It actually makes me a little sick.

Why? It makes the fundraising letters worthwhile. Knowing that they raise money in order to serve their purpose and actually train and activate people on the ground at the loss, well it makes me feel pretty good. It seems to me a better model than most political orgs and one I feel good about supporting.

LittleLightShining
09-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Why? It makes the fundraising letters worthwhile. Knowing that they raise money in order to serve their purpose and actually train and activate people on the ground at the loss, well it makes me feel pretty good. It seems to me a better model than most political orgs and one I feel good about supporting.I understand that. I guess I just see it differently. I'm not really in a good mood right now. I don't want my concerns to be taken the wrong way so I'll just leave it at that.