PDA

View Full Version : GOP hack "We can't just be the Party of no"

Matt Collins
08-27-2009, 11:00 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/bios/talent/mike-emanuel/

After I woke up in my hotel room Tues morning I turned on the TV just to have some background noise (I normally blast music when I'm at home but not when I'm in a hotel). So I switched to Fox and one of the FNC/GOP hacks (Mike Emanuel) said the following regarding health care....

"We can't just be the Party of no, we have to offer alternatives"

LittleLightShining
08-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Well, we do.

Matt Collins
08-27-2009, 11:01 AM
I see the GOP leadership as wanting to compromise and water down a bill that will pass.

Have any of these guys actually read the Constitution?

max
08-27-2009, 11:02 AM
The piece of shit GOP had majority rule of Congress AND a GOP president.

What soluitions did they offer then?....apart from higher deficits, more taxes, wars, and status quo.

acptulsa
08-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Yes, we do. But that won't stop them from painting our alternatives as not alternatives at all, but of being ways to set back every bit of progress we as a nation have made in a hundred years. We want to trade the Fed for gold? Well, doesn't that mean we want to trade aircraft and automobiles for steam trains and horses? Well, doesn't it? No, of course not. But they'll try to paint it that way.

It won't be easy to remain calm in the face of this and play the 'I'm going to stay rational right up until you start screaming like a harpie in frustration, just so people can see which of us is rational' game. But we must.

LittleLightShining
08-27-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm looking forward to hearing alternatives, frankly. Once the GOP starts coming up with some we might become relevant again.

acptulsa
08-27-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm looking forward to hearing alternatives, frankly. Once the GOP starts coming up with some we might become relevant again.

Well, we have them. But, of course we are also the redheaded stepchildren of the G.O.P. So, I guess they'll just continue trying to surgically remove us to spite their face...

Aratus
08-27-2009, 11:12 AM
----two words-----
-mitch mcconnell-
---ObamaCare----