PDA

View Full Version : How Cell phones became 300 dollar trash

blueiron
08-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Sorry, didn’t have time to proofread before I leave for school just something I wrote down quickly. - peace

How Cell phones became 300 dollar trash

“How can you say cell phones are a good?!” The senator exclaimed, “They are a god given, natural right that every man should enjoy. Can you not see how morally unjust this capitalism is by allowing some to have cell phones, while the poor are left out. This is America, what would the rest of the world THINK if they knew we could not provide our poor with cell phones?”

“But may I ask a question, sir?” the opposing senator asked in a somber tone, trying not to belittle her colleague
“What is it? Do you not think every person in the greatest country in the world should have a cell phone” he replied
“Well, no, now that’s not it. I only mean to ask if you want to provide cell phones to all, where would you get them?”
“Uh…”

“Do you have a closet full of cell phones?”

“Well…no”

“And what would be the standard ‘cell phone’? Are some entitled to a wide screen web browsing phone? While others are entitled to black and white displays?”

“There are different kinds of cell phones? Well look, I may not have cell phones but there’s one thing that I do have. I have a blank check to the taxpayers names. We’ll use the rich to buy cell phones for the poor.” “and of course, everyone will have equal cell phones. That is the only just thing to do in a country so great as America” he replied, flustered.

“How robin hood of you. And who exactly will provide these cell phones to everyone?”

“Well, the company that donates the most money to my party of course” is what he would have liked to say, but being filmed he responds quite differently. “The one who could provide the best product”

Now, allow me to tell you the story of just how the program worked out.

Sprint , now being subsidized by the government, becomes the one and only cell phone provider under the new government program “CellCare” a young man in a small town in Mississippi goes to his local wal-mart to buy a cell phone, now that the government has mandated everyone have cell phones. He, however, does not qualify for the “cellcare” program, so he will not receive a free cellphone or a free cell phone plan. When he arrives at wal-mart, he finds something astonishing. Every cell phone is gone? Save for the 400 dollar brand?(which now sells for 500 since it’s the only one left?!) It seems this had been happening in bigger towns all over the place, a panic if you will. The massive amount of new people buying up cell phones has left people rushing to get theirs. So what happens? Sprint says no problem, we’ll order nokia to do a rush production and flood the market with one kind of cell phone thanks to our government money.
In the meantime, the Government decides to provide everyone on the cellcare plan with a rebate to purchase the originally 400 dollar phone, which is now selling at 750.
Let me take a second to express how sprint has seen record profits in this time, seeing how its user base skyrocketed as the government pays for its operating costs.

Well, the Nokia shipments hit the shelves with enough cell phones to cover the whole market.
Strange things seem to happen though. These phones, which were not as good as the previous government plan phones, are selling for twice as much? Some people, worried about a cell phone shortage in the near future decide to buy 2 cell phones. Good to be safe sometimes. All of a sudden the cell phones run out again. Here comes back the voucher to buy the 750 dollar cell phones. Then people start finding out that these new rush job cell phones are trash. Calls drop, batteries wont charge, keys don’t work, etc. This is an outrage to the male senator, so OF COURSE the program will provide BRAND NEW phones to anyone whose cell phone does not work like it should!
All of a sudden, the program that was originally intended to cost 50 million dollars wound up costing over 500million and flooded the market with trash cell phones, while forever increasing the price of cell phones.
So the “rich” who are now paying for other people to have cell phones, can barely afford their own cell phones at the higher costs.
This of course leaving the cell phone market in much worse shape than before the government involvement by people who know very little on the subject to begin with.

If government has nothing, how can they give anything? They just throw our money at whatever problem comes forth, hoping it will go away.

amy31416
08-27-2009, 08:43 AM
I don't know if your article was written as satire or not, but that's only because there are already two different governmental "free" cell phone plans out there. I think one's called Safelink and I can't recall the name of the other.

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

blueiron
08-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Yes it was satire of course, but the fact that you questioned it makes me take pride in my writing.

Thanks for the welcome, go ron paul