PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Official Campaign?

RonPaulFanInGA
08-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Blogs and newspapers are on it, but the official campaign (http://www.randpaul2010.com/) still says nothing about the Grayson fundraiser in D.C.? On things like this, you strike while the iron is hot, not act slower than molasses.

Think of all the angles:

1. Grayson is hypocrite, says money should come from Kentucky than goes to D.C. for cash.

2. Grayson hangs out with establishment hacks.

3. Grayson goes to fundraiser organized by Mitch McConnell; the guy who pushed out Bunning.

TruthisTreason
08-26-2009, 08:29 PM
David Adams, a spokesman for Rand Paul, a Bowling Green ophthalmologist who is Grayson's chief opponent in next year's Republican primary, said the fundraiser doesn't surprise him because it was clear the party's leadership was lining up behind Grayson.

“Rand Paul is not going to make any policy decision nor will he make any vote based on what makes him popular with the leadership of any party,” Adams said.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090825/NEWS0106/908250355/1008/rss01

This pic is meant to make you laugh.;)
http://theblacksentinel.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/foot-in-mouth-1199.jpeg

RonPaulFanInGA
08-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Well I meant on the official site, like a full and detailed press release.

The quote is good.

TruthisTreason
08-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Well I meant on the official site, like a full and detailed press release.

We are more focused on the events we have planned, not hackish moves behind the scenes. Doesn't surprise us... didn't expect it to be so obvious.. but it's the people vs the establishment... :o

To me Rand's site should be about Rand and the positive things he brings.. not slinging mud. I'm not the only one who posts on the site. :o Unless the doc says blog about it, I'll steer clear of promoting trayson...

But, appreciate your interest and thoughts...

Dionysus
08-26-2009, 10:16 PM
We are more focused on the events we have planned, not hackish moves behind the scenes. Doesn't surprise us... didn't expect it to be so obvious.. but it's the people vs the establishment... :o

To me Rand's site should be about Rand and the positive things he brings.. not slinging mud. I'm not the only one who posts on the site. :o Unless the doc says blog about it, I'll steer clear of promoting trayson...

I think that's smart.

FSP-Rebel
08-26-2009, 10:35 PM
I think that's smart.
Yep, I trust Truth's take on the situation.

thisisengage
08-27-2009, 02:30 AM
Agreed, the Rand site should be Rand. Positive stuff. Why give the opponent any kind of attention, even if it is negative.

You can still mud sling though. Just under the radar through other sources :)

Sean
08-27-2009, 09:58 AM
I don't think it is slinging mud to tell the truth. It also gives you some exposure and you will be responding to what is said by Rand's opponent. One statement by Rand about this will generate some local coverage. This is why the upcoming money bomb is so important. Not only will it raise money, but the news coverage on why the date was chosen will give free exposure to Rand and point out that Rand's opponent is also raising money outside Kentucky from status quo establishment Republicans.

acptulsa
08-27-2009, 10:08 AM
You can still mud sling though. Just under the radar through other sources :)

Let Rand take the high road. We're the grassroots--when it comes to mud, we are by definition close to the source!

erowe1
08-27-2009, 10:25 AM

If the events we have planned include live fundraisers in Kentucky to coincide with our money bomb, then the official campaign has to be a part of it. That doesn't mean that they have to stick their neck out and vocally blast Grayson's fundraiser on their site (I agree that Rand should take the high road). But they do have to be involved in the planning of at least that aspect.