PDA

View Full Version : (Texas) Local "Ron Paul" Republican Party chair resigns - :-(

FrankRep
08-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Local Republican Party chair resigns (http://www.sanmarcosmercury.com/archives/9644)

San Marcos Mercury
26 August 2009

Hays County Republican Party officials say that chair Craig Young, a local leader of the faction that aligns itself with former presidential candidate Ron Paul, resigned his position last week.

Officials said an appointment would be made at the party’s executive committee meeting in October following a recommendation by a selection committee.

“I appreciate his work in the party,” Pct. 3 Commissioner Will Conley told the Hays Free Press. “If he didn’t want to commit the time, I appreciate his resignation because it’s an important position.”

Young did not return phone calls for comment.

When Young did not attend the August quarterly meeting, the executive committee tapped Buda area precinct chair Kent “Bud” Wymore to preside over the meeting. Wymore told the Free Press that he was considering running for party chair in the March 2010 party primary.

A lieutenant in the local front of the libertarian “Ron Paul Revolution,” Young emerged this year as vocal presence in anti-government themed events such as a tax day Tea Party event on the courthouse grounds and a protest in March organized by San Marcos City Council candidate Lisa Marie Coppoletta against mandatory microchiping of pets.

In the 2008 Republican Party primary, Young won 2,963 votes to former Party Chair Linda Kiney’s 2,882 votes.

SOURCE:
http://www.sanmarcosmercury.com/archives/9644

Kotin
08-26-2009, 02:59 PM

that is really weird.. I know Craig... Hays County is where I live..

I will have to find out about this..

Sandra
08-26-2009, 03:13 PM

that is really weird.. I know Craig... Hays County is where I live..

I will have to find out about this..

Please find out if he was informed of the meeting. This is bad.

tron paul
08-27-2009, 12:45 AM
I hope Craig is doing well and thank him for carrying the torch.

speciallyblend
08-28-2009, 11:53 AM
the gop doesn't want ron paul republicans. they are planning on getting the illegals to join the gop to get votes;) sarcasm!!

speciallyblend
08-29-2009, 07:29 AM
bump for more info??? anyone got the story on this???

rockandrollsouls
08-30-2009, 01:56 PM
I'd like to know what's going on here, too. Hasn't been much of an update.

FSP-Rebel
08-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Sux for Texans.