PDA

View Full Version : Mises event in Seattle Sept 12th

disorderlyvision
08-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Just got this in an e-mail update

On Saturday, September 12, the Ludwig von Mises Institute is sponsoring a special event in Seattle to discuss the current economic conditions. One of the Evergreen Freedom Foundation's supporters has arranged to offer you a special rate to attend this one-day event (which includes lunch)!

If you are interested in finding out more about what is going on with our economy and what we can do to fix it, please register today. You must use this link (https://mises.org/form.aspx?Id=39) in order to get the special Freedom Foundation supporter rate. Please mention you are with the Freedom Foundation in the space provided on the registration form.

If you would like more information, please visit the Ludwig von Mises Institute's website at www.mises.org.

Sincerely,

Juliana McMahan
Evergreen Freedom Foundation
JMcMahan@effwa.org

Will the Decline Continue? (Mises Circle, sponsored by James M. Wolfe)
September 12, 2009
Seattle, Washington

SPECIAL REGISTATION RATE
Student Scholarships Available

Imagine a team of doctors who think more poison is the solution to poisoning. That's precisely how government has managed the economic downturn. The market is trying to correct the distortions, even as government makes things even worse.

If permanent depression is not what the Obama team seeks, it is doing everything possible to bring one about in any case.

Speakers at this one-day event will examine current economic conditions, delve into history to look at the conditions that made other recoveries possible, and present a roadmap for the restoration of true economic health and vibrancy.

Speakers include
Robert Murphy
Walter Block
Peter Klein
Lew Rockwell
Douglas French
Registration 9:00 a.m.
First speaker 9:30 a.m.
Adjourn 2:00 p.m.
Bookstore closes 2:30 p.m

James W. Fogal CFP®, Director of Development for the Institute, is available during breaks and after adjournment to discuss charitable/tax saving strategies.

A special registration rate of $60 per person is available for members of the Evergreen Freedom Foundation (the regular rate is $85 per person), which includes lunch and refreshment breaks. (There is a non-refundable registration processing fee of $25 for cancellations.)

Email events@mises.org for more information.

The event will be held at the Westin Hotel Bellevue. For accommodations at this hotel, email Anna Forslund and mention the Mises Institute for a special rate of $139 per night plus tax, based on availability.

No1ButPaul08
08-26-2009, 02:01 PM
God dammit. I'm flying to Seattle the 15th for my brother's wedding.

disorderlyvision
08-27-2009, 03:31 PM
God dammit. I'm flying to Seattle the 15th for my brother's wedding.

shitty, cant reschedule the flight for a few days sooner?

No1ButPaul08
08-27-2009, 03:38 PM
shitty, cant reschedule the flight for a few days sooner?

Not really, flying to Vegas that weekend for the bachelor party, and then to Seattle from there.

disorderlyvision
08-30-2009, 06:02 PM
bump