PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Census will have question about your guns on it!

Deborah K
08-26-2009, 12:04 PM
As you may know, Michael Scheuer is a friend. He recently emailed me and told me that he had coffee with an acquaintance who works at the census bureau. The acquaintance seemed very agitated about all the changes taking place i.e. ACORN taking over, etc.. He also told Mike that a question was going to be put on the 2010 census regarding gun ownership. He said that if a person answered in the affirmative as to whether they owned guns, that the person would then be required to list the guns with the census bureau. Mike trusts this guy and says he is high enough up to know what's going on.

As of now, the census has no such question on their site, so at this juncture they will have plausible deniability. However, I think it will be much more difficult for them to add such questions in the future, if a firestorm is created beforehand.

Feel free to email Michael if you need verification of what I am saying. His email can be found on the internet. I would put it up, but I have been admonished by the mods in the past for doing so. If you have trouble finding it PM me.

All gun advocate orgs should be notified, as well as the media. Not only is this a violation of our privacy, but the second amendment is the only thing between us and a totalitarian regime.

We cannot have this. Please 'lock and load' your emails and fire them far and wide.

georgiaboy
08-26-2009, 12:10 PM
bump!!

robertwerden
08-26-2009, 12:12 PM
I thought none of us were even going to entertain the census to begin with, so why bother worrying about the questions if we are not even going to answer them.

The gun owners of america will who do answer will answer "none" and then the NWO will make the fatal flaw of determining that the number of guns on the street was lower than they expected.

puppetmaster
08-26-2009, 12:14 PM
tell them nothing except what is required by law

Deborah K
08-26-2009, 12:17 PM
How about we just force them, through public pressure to withdraw any such questions??

Bern
08-26-2009, 12:18 PM
If this is true, you should contact the NRA.

acptulsa
08-26-2009, 12:21 PM
I thought none of us were even going to entertain the census to begin with, so why bother worrying about the questions if we are not even going to answer them.

There are Constitutionalists here. I will provide the required nose count, and so help ensure the people in my congressional district has proper representation.

Better the GOA.

Reason
08-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Current Version of 2010 Census

Right Click - Save As
http://2010.census.gov/2010census/pdf/2010ACSnotebook.pdf

Cowlesy
08-26-2009, 12:26 PM
As you may know, Michael Scheuer is a friend. He recently emailed me and told me that he had coffee with an acquaintance who works at the census bureau. The acquaintance seemed very agitated about all the changes taking place i.e. ACORN taking over, etc.. He also told Mike that a question was going to be put on the 2010 census regarding gun ownership. He said that if a person answered in the affirmative as to whether they owned guns, that the person would then be required to list the guns with the census bureau. Mike trusts this guy and says he is high enough up to know what's going on.

As of now, the census has no such question on their site, so at this juncture they will have plausible deniability. However, I think it will be much more difficult for them to add such questions in the future, if a firestorm is created beforehand.

Feel free to email Michael if you need verification of what I am saying. His email can be found on the internet. I would put it up, but I have been admonished by the mods in the past for doing so. If you have trouble finding it PM me.

All gun advocate orgs should be notified, as well as the media. Not only is this a violation of our privacy, but the second amendment is the only thing between us and a totalitarian regime.

We cannot have this. Please 'lock and load' your emails and fire them far and wide.

Almost not believable, except Michael Scheuer wouldn't make this stuff up.

Now it makes sense why the White House has taken over the census.

scheuermf@aol.com is where I've contacted him before

acptulsa
08-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Language spoken at home? Educational attainment? Disability? Income? Class of worker!?! (I'm proletariat, you bourgeoisie bastards) Vehicles available? Year house was built? Number of bedrooms (here's the government in your bedroom(s), folks)? Rent? Marital history? Fertility!?!

And they wonder why there's a revolution gearing up? :rolleyes:

"MEETING FEDERAL NEEDS

"While these questions are not required by federal law, we use the information to ensure response accuracy and completeness, and for contacting respondents with incomplete or missing information."

And private needs--like a need for privacy? What about those? Hey, guys--guess what? You characters invented the phrase 'need-to-know', and you don't in fact need to know. So, I'll be answering what the Constitution tells me to answer.

torchbearer
08-26-2009, 12:30 PM
I think I'll list that I own enough hardware to outfit a large militia. see if someone comes knocking on my door.

Cowlesy
08-26-2009, 12:32 PM
It's the "American Community Survey" --- well that just sounds swell, Mrs. Cleaver!

Reason
08-26-2009, 12:34 PM
From the census website

"The U.S. Constitution (Article I, Section 2) mandates a headcount of everyone residing in the United States. The population totals determine each state’s Congressional representation. The numbers also affect funding in your community and help inform decision makers about how your community is changing."

From the US Constitution;

"Section. 2. The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States, and the Electors in each State shall have the Qualifications requisite for Electors of the most numerous Branch of the State Legislature.
No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.
Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons (http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_amendments_11-27.html#14). The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.
When vacancies happen in the Representation from any State, the Executive Authority thereof shall issue Writs of Election to fill such Vacancies.
The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Pericles
08-26-2009, 12:48 PM

It won't be my email that is "locked and loaded".;)

MsDoodahs
08-26-2009, 01:00 PM
bump.

Kotin
08-26-2009, 01:02 PM
bump

LittleLightShining
08-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Looking at the pdf there seem to be 2 separate questionnaires within the one. The first is the actual census (sec B below) and the second is the American Community survey (sec C below). So long as the questions are divided into sections like that I will only answer those classified as "census".

A.
INTRODUCTION
.................................................. ....................................
vii
B.
2010 CENSUS
.................................................. .................................................. ..........................
.................................................. .................................................. ....................
Hispanic Origin
.................................................. .................................................. ........
Race
.................................................. .................................................. ........................
Relationship
.................................................. .................................................. .............
Tenure
.................................................. .................................................. .....................
Administrative Questions .................................................. ......................................... 7a
C.
AMERICAN COMMUNITY SURVEY
Basic Characteristics Labor Force Status
Age .................................................. ..... 9 Industry, Occupation, and Class
............................................... 10 of Worker .......................................
Hispanic Origin
...................................11 Place of Work and Journey to Work ......
Race
.................................................. . 12 Work Status Last Year ..........................
Relationship
........................................ 13 Vehicles Available ...............................
Social Characteristics Physical Characteristics
Marital Status
...................................... 14 Year Structure Built .............................
Fertility
...............................................15 Units in Structure ................................
Grandparents as Caregivers
................ 16 Year Moved Into Unit ...........................
Ancestry
............................................. 17 Rooms ................................................
Place of Birth, Citizenship, and Bedrooms
Year of Entry
...................................18 Kitchen Facilities .................................
Language Spoken at Home
.................20 Plumbing Facilities ..............................
Educational Attainment and House Heating Fuel
School Enrollment 48
...........................21 Telephone Service Available ...............
Residence 1 Year Ago
.......................... 23 Farm Residence ..................................
Veteran Status and Period of
Military Service ...............................25 Financial Characteristics
Disability
............................................ 26 Tenure ................................................
Value
Economic Characteristics Rent
.................................................. ..
Income
............................................... 28 Selected Monthly Owner Costs ............
Food Stamps Benefi t ........................... 30 Administrative Questions .................. 56a
D.
NEW FOR THE AMERICAN COMMUNITY SURVEY
Health Insurance Coverage
.................................................. ......................................
Marital History
.................................................. .................................................. .......
VA
Service-Connected Disability Rating
.................................................. ....................
E.
QUESTION IN THE 2000 CENSUS BUT NOT PLANNED FOR THE
AMERICAN COMMUNITY SURVEY
Years of Military Service
.................................................. ...........................................

MsDoodahs
08-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Meanwhile, I'm on the phone with our congresscritters office right now...lol....

Pennsylvania
08-26-2009, 01:18 PM
I will let as many people know about this as possible.

ot: wtf is a doodah?

acptulsa
08-26-2009, 01:19 PM
ot: wtf is a doodah?

Damnyankee alert!! :D

FreeTraveler
08-26-2009, 01:23 PM
I'll be shredding my census form.

devil21
08-26-2009, 01:29 PM
They better add a check box for "Tragic Boating Accident".

ScoutsHonor
08-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Language spoken at home? Educational attainment? Disability? Income? Class of worker!?! (I'm proletariat, you bourgeoisie bastards) Vehicles available? Year house was built? Number of bedrooms (here's the government in your bedroom(s), folks)? Rent? Marital history? Fertility!?!

And they wonder why there's a revolution gearing up? :rolleyes:

"MEETING FEDERAL NEEDS

"While these questions are not required by federal law, we use the information to ensure response accuracy and completeness, and for contacting respondents with incomplete or missing information."

And private needs--like a need for privacy? What about those? Hey, guys--guess what? You characters invented the phrase 'need-to-know', and you don't in fact need to know. So, I'll be answering what the Constitution tells me to answer.

Tellin' it like it is - :)!! Way to go:)

hamilton1049
08-26-2009, 01:46 PM
If this census is being conducted by ACORN I feel no compunction to respond to this at all.

pcosmar
08-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Can someone come up with a rubber stamp that says,

Not Required By
Article I, Section 2
of the Constitution of the United States

To stamp on all the unnecessary questions???

MsDoodahs
08-26-2009, 02:19 PM

Not Required By
Article I, Section 2

That is a very good idea.

:)

pcosmar
08-26-2009, 02:25 PM
That is a very good idea.

:)

I plan on writing it in. :D
A stamp would be easier

And marketed, may be profitable.

p.s. if you make a bunch, keep me in mind. ;)

roho76
08-26-2009, 02:31 PM
I just opened the door and said I wasn't interested and shut the door before he could even get a word out. I'm sure at one point that part of the Constitution was worth something but now it's being used as a weapon against the people so I will not comply, period.

Cowlesy
08-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Good thing none of us have any guns!!!

tremendoustie
08-26-2009, 02:40 PM
I just opened the door and said I wasn't interested and shut the door before he could even get a word out. I'm sure at one point that part of the Constitution was worth something but now it's being used as a weapon against the people so I will not comply, period.

Better yet, don't open the door in the first place. Good rule of thumb: if you don't know the person on the other side of the door, and especially if the have a badge or look official, don't open it. Odds are nothing good will come of it.

pcosmar
08-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Good thing none of us have any guns!!!

Nope , none here.:(

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1167/635674908_d0d4957c74_b.jpg

but I am sure that there are other questions that are also none of their business.

Njon
08-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Bump

Deborah K
08-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Bumpity.

ItsTime
08-26-2009, 05:43 PM

Not Required By
Article I, Section 2

I think you can make your own here:

http://www.deluxe.com/shopdeluxe/catalog/productDetails.jsp?parentCatId=MAJ-OFSUPP&prodId=102028&id=NAME+ADDRE

Just put what you want it to say in place of the address :D

tonesforjonesbones
08-26-2009, 06:34 PM
You are not required to answer all those questions on the census, about your financial or anything else. My dad raised hell with them last time because of all those questions and they said you do'nt have to answer any of them. tones

Dr.3D
08-26-2009, 06:41 PM
It would be nice of someone would make a list of exactly what is required to be filled out on one of those census forms.

NH4RonPaul
08-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Census? What census? Trash that sucker!

NH4RonPaul
08-26-2009, 06:56 PM
It would be nice of someone would make a list of exactly what is required to be filled out on one of those census forms.

1 - Number of people in household
2 - How many of those are old enough to vote.

PERIOD!

jsu718
08-26-2009, 06:57 PM

That is easy. There is one thing you are required to say... how many people reside in your home. Period, done.

1 - Number of people in household
2 - How many of those are old enough to vote.

PERIOD!

Pretty sure that for representation purposes they don't need any information about ages. It isn't relevant.

youngbuck
08-26-2009, 09:46 PM
how about just giving them highly erroneous and absurd information?

bj72
08-27-2009, 03:22 AM
That is easy. There is one thing you are required to say... how many people reside in your home. Period, done.

Pretty sure that for representation purposes they don't need any information about ages. It isn't relevant.

Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but it seems to give them authority to take a headcount, but doesn't necessarily say that individuals must comply, does it?

Also, doesn't the form now venture into treading on the 4th amendment?

What if one objects on religious grounds? (Won't get too into it, but G-d's Word indicates he's not cool with headcounts.) Then wouldn't they be protected under the 1st amendment, in theory?

BTW, we keep getting mail for "RESIDENT" here from the Census Bureau. We haven't opened them at all since neither of us is named "RESIDENT". A postcard indicated it is for the American Community Survey, and the outside of one of the envelopes says response is required by law. However, if that is really the case, what law? Surely not the census law since it is 2009 and this isn't a census year, and it isn't the census, but a survey. Perhaps if a worker comes the door I'll politely give him (or her) back the mail and say that they clearly have the wrong address ;)

BTW, if the survey is random, what are the odds of someone getting it in 2000 and now at two different addresses? What are the odds of a lot of different people receiving both twice (first in 2000, then another subsequent year)?

Youngbuck, when you asked "how about just giving them highly erroneous and absurd information?" The answer would be that would be falsifying the document (and lying). I'm pretty sure that is against the law. It would be better to not answer at all.

acptulsa
08-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Youngbuck, when you asked "how about just giving them highly erroneous and absurd information?" The answer would be that would be falsifying the document (and lying). I'm pretty sure that is against the law. It would be better to not answer at all.

This. Also, that's a good point about the year. Next year is the census year; the Constitution calls for nothing this year. I just assumed they were getting a head start. And while the Constitution may or may not require us to play when they come to count noses, it is implicitly implied that we would--and enjoy the benefits (at least, back then) of proper representation.

But as for a pile of nosy questions that push the envelope of the Fourth Amendment, pfft.

max
08-27-2009, 07:28 AM
I sure wish Ron would take the lead on this. If Acorn has their way, the census numbers will be so jerry-rigged that we'll have a Democrat dictatorship forever

Deborah K
08-27-2009, 08:41 AM
I sure wish Ron would take the lead on this. If Acorn has their way, the census numbers will be so jerry-rigged that we'll have a Democrat dictatorship forever

I've done everything I can to get him involved, to no avail. Called ALL of his offices and left messages, begged them to follow up, even contacted people who have his direct phone number. I've gotten one response and that is - the question as of now, isn't listed on the census. :rolleyes: No one seems to think this is a big deal. I beg to differ.

Unknowing people are going to answer that question if it ends up on the 2010 census, unless we put a stop to this now! Not to mention that a corrupt organization that is scheduled to be given billions of dollars in tax money (and has already received 10s of millions) is now taking over the cenusus. I strongly believe it is for nefarious reasons. Take a look at the so-called grassroots organization that is now in charge of the 2010 census. http://www.acorn.org/

Folks we are taking a very sharp left turn in this country and we're doing it at a very high speed. We will inevitably crash.

Deborah K
08-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Bump

Cowlesy
08-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Deb did you see the thread where teachers will be sending the census forms home with students as a "homework assignment"?

Brilliant if you ask me --- little indoctrinators.

Deborah K
08-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Deb did you see the thread where teachers will be sending the census forms home with students as a "homework assignment"?

Brilliant if you ask me --- little indoctrinators.

Had no idea. But did you hear Beck talk about the census today? Didn't mention the gun question but he alluded to it and suggested everyone only answer the constitutionally required questions of head counting. Btw, I'm attending my TH meeting tomorrow and I intend to make mention of this info.

LibForestPaul
08-28-2009, 06:13 PM
wow, a well thought out plan that cost the gov $$$, nice

tangent4ronpaul
08-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Current Version of 2010 Census

Right Click - Save As
http://2010.census.gov/2010census/pdf/2010ACSnotebook.pdf

I usually feed my cross cut shredder this obscenity on site. My shredder usually burps and appreciates the feeding....

Do likewise!

-t

Deborah K
08-28-2009, 06:46 PM
wow, a well thought out plan that cost the gov $$$, nice

Don't you mean the taxpayer?

pcosmar
08-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Don't you mean the taxpayer?

And don't support Acorn job security.

tangent4ronpaul
08-28-2009, 06:52 PM
mmmmhhhh! - brains - YUMMY! let me fetch my shotgun so I can off you and fry up yer brains.... <licks lips....>

Best way to take care of Acorn census takers....

-t

Terces
08-28-2009, 09:42 PM

No no... contact the Gun Owners of America, not some dopes who shine their guns and stick them up their ass for politicols.

devil21
08-28-2009, 09:43 PM
mmmmhhhh! - brains - YUMMY! let me fetch my shotgun so I can off you and fry up yer brains.... <licks lips....>

Best way to take care of Acorn census takers....

-t

That's what you call a "light lunch". :D

Im turbo posting for some reason tonite. Gotta let the keyboard cool off for awhile. Beer time.