PDA

View Full Version : NEW MIT research about hoax of global warming

stilltrying
08-26-2009, 11:20 AM
MIT GLOBAL WARMING RESEARCH (http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monthly_report/sppi_monthly_co2_report_july.html)

Reason
08-26-2009, 11:30 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-7715-Portland-Civil-Rights-Examiner~y2009m8d18-Carbon-Dioxide-irrelevant-in-climate-debate-says-MIT-Scientist

InterestedParticipant
08-26-2009, 11:37 AM
NEW MIT research about hoax of global warming
I wonder what the elitists will do with this paper?

Some clips from the article...

The pdf file located at the link above from the Science and Public Policy Institute (http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monthly_report/sppi_monthly_co2_report_july.html) has absolutely, convincingly, and irrefutably proven the theory of Anthropogenic Global Warming to be completely false.

Professor Richard Lindzen of MIT’s peer reviewed work states “we now know that the effect of CO2 on temperature is small, we know why it is small, and we know that it is having very little effect on the climate.”

The global surface temperature record, which we update and publish
every month, has shown no statistically-significant “global warming”
for almost 15 years. Statistically-significant global cooling has now
persisted for very nearly eight years. Even a strong el Nino – expected
in the coming months – will be unlikely to reverse the cooling trend.

Either way, the world has been the victim of some very bad science. The results of which can be seen in drastically reduced GDP in countries with the Cap and Trade laws in place, as well a a 5 - 10% decrease in standard of living for those citizens living there (Taxing Carbon designed to fail.), all with little or no effect on emissions globally.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-26-2009, 11:41 AM
I took astronomy classes in college, are you saying what I learned about the global temp rising is not true and my professor was a liberal nutcase trying to push carbon taxes?

Lord Xar
08-26-2009, 11:47 AM
This needs to go Viral. If there can be no doubt that most/ all of the talk shows --- radio/tv etc.. gets a look at this, there can be no suppression.

Reason
08-26-2009, 11:50 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Lindzen

dannno
08-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Amazing.

BenIsForRon
08-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Where's the MIT research article? All I see is a messy, unreferenced paper for the SPPI, which is very biased from what I've seen.

Epic
08-26-2009, 03:38 PM
This needs to go Viral. If there can be no doubt that most/ all of the talk shows --- radio/tv etc.. gets a look at this, there can be no suppression.

Unfortunately Digg and Reddit are controlled by statists/radical leftists.

Taking back those commanding heights are of the utmost importance over the next few years.

I think in a couple years, if the economy falters significantly, then it might be possible that small government people take over Digg and Reddit.

Epic
08-26-2009, 04:24 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/9eh6w/new_mit_research_shows_global_warming_is_a_myth/

Reason
08-26-2009, 04:59 PM
We need to get some independent analysis of this.

For all we know it could be total horse shit.

So far the only thing giving it credibility is that Lindzen seems to be legit.

I can't find more than 2 or so other sites talking about it.

Dr.3D
08-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I took astronomy classes in college, are you saying what I learned about the global temp rising is not true and my professor was a liberal nutcase trying to push carbon taxes?

I took astronomy classes in college 30 years ago and my professor said the global temperature was cooling, maybe he was some kind of a nut too. LOL

There is no doubt the temperature of the earth has warmed, the question is, what has caused it? Certainly there are a number of factors that can be looked at, the one and most important would be solar sunspot activity.

BenIsForRon
08-26-2009, 06:27 PM

Exactly, there is no peer reviewed article linked to in the story. The website is through and through propaganda, they aren't going to bring up any pertinent environmental issues, only shoot them down with weak facts coming from people with weak credentials.

stilltrying
08-26-2009, 06:32 PM

If thats the case first get invited to be on the IPCC in 2001 and then get the tools that MIT professor has and start studying lon range radiation or whatever it is. MIT is the pinnacle of technological studies. Not saying they (scientists, physicists, climatologists) arent wrong or what. But from my understanding this professor has been on the panel that he is refuting. I would agree that it would be great to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels for better technological improvements, but when it comes to forcing me to lower my living of standards (carbon tax) while the good for nothins travel around everywhere and live in 10 bedroom mansions and they dont sacrifice and live like the rest, I call BS, tyrannts. They stay out of my business and ill stay out of theirs. If they want to make a voluntary carbon tax be my guest and sign up CR.

Brooklyn Red Leg
08-26-2009, 06:41 PM

He also was probably pushing the Gravity-based model which has gotten massive gaping holes blown in it repeatedly in the last few years in favour of the Plasma/Electric-based model of the universe.