PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Glen Beck fans!

acptulsa
08-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Where's tones when you need her?

Not all of us have the stomach to listen to the character, but many of us want to patronize those sponsors who have stuck with him through all the slander by the 'to criticize Obama is to criticize all members of his race (whichever race he is)' crowd. So, why not help us out? Please use this thread to list the companies that still bring us his show, and we'll help you support him (whether we like him or not). Deal?

Cowlesy
08-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Rosland Capital for any of the gold buyers out there.

Glenn had a great chart that showed the Weather Ungerground founder was a key player in the drafting of the stimulus and healthcare legislation (aka the Apollo Alliance).

The Weather Underground guys (remember Bill Ayers, another member) were the ones bombing federal buildings back in the 60's I believe --- and now they're shaping policy.

Unbelievable.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,542680,00.html

Elwar
08-26-2009, 10:37 AM
1800 Gold Line
UPS Store
Valupack
Legalzoom.com

ItsTime
08-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Rosland Capital for any of the gold buyers out there.

Glenn had a great chart that showed the Weather Ungerground founder was a key player in the drafting of the stimulus and healthcare legislation (aka the Apollo Alliance).

The Weather Underground guys (remember Bill Ayers, another member) were the ones bombing federal buildings back in the 60's I believe --- and now they're shaping policy.

Unbelievable.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,542680,00.html

This week is blowing my mind.

tonesforjonesbones
08-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Beck said on his radio show this morning that ACORN is buying up radio stations all over the country with our tax money and having minorities run them. He is going to be outlining on his show tonight who the "diversity" and "communication" czars are and what their plans are to shut down talk radio and Fox...among other "dissenting" voices. This is more and more like Hitler ever day...the government running all the radio to put out propaganda...this sucks. tones

tonesforjonesbones
08-26-2009, 11:27 AM
There is a website www.defendglennbeck.com that has all the GOOD sponsors listed. thanks! tones

acptulsa
08-26-2009, 11:31 AM
There is a website www.defendglennbeck.com that has all the GOOD sponsors listed. thanks! tones

Good tip! Thank you!

Whup--didn't quite get that link right. But that's o.k., I got it covered:

http://www.defendglenn.com/advertisers.php

tonesforjonesbones
08-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Oh sorry...look. The Mayor of Mt Vernon Washington, Glenn Beck's home town is wanting to give Beck the key to the city. People are calling in dissent. I called the office in support. HEre is the number and the email...I hope people will call / write in support of Beck being honored in his home town. Tones

Contact info:
phone: (360) 336-6211
fax: (360) 336-0623
email: mvmayor@ci.mount-vernon.wa.us

acptulsa
08-26-2009, 11:46 AM
A note to that mayor:

No, I’m not a big fan of Mr. Beck. But in regards to the key to your fine city, I would mention two things:

Not everyone who criticizes the president is racist, despite the best efforts of his fans to convince people otherwise. I can’t say if Glenn Beck is a racist or not, and I don’t think anyone else can either (unless it’s someone in that town who knows him very well).

All politics is local, and he’s still a local boy who rose to prominence.

Rather than listening to either his fans or someone who is buying into the liberal hyperbole, I would suggest you talk to some boyhood friends. If he is racist, you can drop it. If not, you would win friends by defending a native with genuine authority…

Just a thought.

Cowlesy
08-26-2009, 11:48 AM
A note to that mayor:

No, I’m not a big fan of Mr. Beck. But in regards to the key to your fine city, I would mention two things:

Not everyone who criticizes the president is racist, despite the best efforts of his fans to convince people otherwise. I can’t say if Glenn Beck is a racist or not, and I don’t think anyone else can either (unless it’s someone in that town who knows him very well).

All politics is local, and he’s still a local boy who rose to prominence.

Rather than listening to either his fans or someone who is buying into the liberal hyperbole, I would suggest you talk to some boyhood friends. If he is racist, you can drop it. If not, you would win friends by defending a native with genuine authority…

Just a thought.

very very well said

Cowlesy
08-26-2009, 11:52 AM
You know I just hope he takes his own personal safety very seriously, because he's got to be pissing off a lot of the hardcore radicals left with these exposes` he's running especially vs. Jeff Jones, Van Jones, Bill Ayers etc.

tonesforjonesbones
08-26-2009, 11:53 AM
He said on his radio show the other day that his death threats are elevated. He said he will continue to speak the truth as long as he can. tones

acptulsa
08-26-2009, 11:58 AM
very very well said

Thank you very much. And I have good news for you (I think)--KFC is one of his sponsors.

BlackTerrel
08-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Where's tones when you need her?

Not all of us have the stomach to listen to the character, but many of us want to patronize those sponsors who have stuck with him through all the slander by the 'to criticize Obama is to criticize all members of his race (whichever race he is)' crowd. So, why not help us out? Please use this thread to list the companies that still bring us his show, and we'll help you support him (whether we like him or not). Deal?

Except that's not what happened. People have criticized Obama and been fine. Beck is the one that introduced race by saying Obama hated white people.

tonesforjonesbones
08-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Black Terrell..look at the evidence. Obama 's ACORN? look...they are buying up radio stations all over the country with our tax money for MINORITIES to run. I'd say Obama is a panderer to the black folks because he knows where his bread is buttered. How can Beck be a racist just because he considers Obama to be racist against white folks? tones

acptulsa
08-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Except that's not what happened. People have criticized Obama and been fine.

Not everyone, though.

Beck is the one that introduced race by saying Obama hated white people.

An interesting take, and not completely without merit. But I think you'll agree that accusing someone of being racist is no guarantee of racism--on either end of the accusation.

I would use this to condemn Beck for bringing up at all a sleeping dog that should be left to lie. But I can't read more into it than that. I suppose many of his listeners love that kind of crap, but I don't personally consider pandering an excuse.

look...they are buying up radio stations all over the country with our tax money for MINORITIES to run.

That would be good if only these stations became voices for the minorities, rather than voices for ACORN. Unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath on that one...

Elwar
08-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Thank you very much. And I have good news for you (I think)--KFC is one of his sponsors.

http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/thats_racist_animated_11197.gif

acptulsa
08-26-2009, 01:05 PM
It is? You seem to know more about Cowlesy's melanin content than I do.

Cowlesy
08-26-2009, 01:06 PM
I love KFC --- it's been a few years, but I will return there someday!

Flash
08-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Except that's not what happened. People have criticized Obama and been fine. Beck is the one that introduced race by saying Obama hated white people.

Didn't Olbermann call us Town Hallers racist? Why don't you boycott him?
Glenn Beck was right too.

BlackTerrel
08-28-2009, 01:06 AM
Didn't Olbermann call us Town Hallers racist? Why don't you boycott him?
Glenn Beck was right too.

For the record I don't care enough about Beck to boycott him, the same goes for Olbermann. But I understand people that are boycotting Beck's advertisers, and I would be fine with people boycotting Olbermann as well.

Flash
08-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Well I might want to start writing MSNBC's sponsors for other reasons. Their attack on Town Hallers and Tea Party members was pretty unjournalistic. And the "Conservatives want Obama killed" line from Ed Shultz was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. If anyone can tell me where to find a list of MSNBC's sponsors I would appreciate it.

acptulsa
08-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Well I might want to start writing MSNBC's sponsors for other reasons. Their attack on Town Hallers and Tea Party members was pretty unjournalistic. And the "Conservatives want Obama killed" line from Ed Shultz was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. If anyone can tell me where to find a list of MSNBC's sponsors I would appreciate it.

Cropping the head off of an African American so you can paint him as some kind of white supremist was way, way beyond unjournalistic. It was infamous, and we should never let anyone forget it.

LibertyIn08
08-28-2009, 07:01 AM
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/08/27/big-beck-goes-over-3-million-viewers-beats-oreilly-in-demo-cable-news-ratings-for-wednesday-august-26-2009/25541

Glen Beck now has the most viewers on Cable.

Sandra
08-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Why do I suspect that Glen Beck and Van Jones may be, in reality, as thick as theives.