PDA

View Full Version : NATIONAL food drive

Sematary
09-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Does anyone else think that attempting to organize food drives in all 50 states on the same date is a good idea and doable?

Santana28
09-28-2007, 10:24 AM
well, i'll be first in line for a handout the way things are looking. Did you see that article on AOL News about the price of food skyrocketing this year because of grain prices?

http://news.aol.com/business/story/_a/grocery-bills-to-soar-as-grain-prices/20070928082209990001

And its funny because the entire time i was reading that article i was scratching my head thinking "Why don't we just stop sending all our grain to Zimbabwe and keep more of it here?" Hmmmmmmmmm. I wonder.

jb4ronpaul
09-28-2007, 10:25 AM
I believe it is because charity is an important part of and by-product of freedom. we have to put our actions where our mouths are. everyone should be able to donate a few cans of food.

Cindy
09-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Does anyone else think that attempting to organize food drives in all 50 states on the same date is a good idea and doable?

It's an awesome idea. Getting the co-operation of all the meetups is another story.

We tried for the idea of food drives at every RP rally, starting with Spartenburg, then Philly. When Paul went to Austin next, no one there caught the ball and kept running with it.

I like the idea of it following his campaign trail and calling it the Ron paul Good Will Campaign trail. It will get local press coverage every time Paul is in someones town and feel to readers like it hit closer to home, helping shelters and banks in their own areas.

There are lots of ways to do something with the food drive idea. Not sure which one will be easiest for the majority of people to make happen.

I made mention of it to the Clear water group when the Debates were suppose to be there in Sept. (I'm an hour away and wanted to help organize one there) The group leader said, "nah, its a waste of our time, we need to put all of our efforts into sign waving. " No one else even replied to the thread, and they have like 200 members so.........

I don't know why some people can't see all of the positive perks to the idea. It gives positive local press that hits close to home. Warms hearts around the name of Ron Paul, helps to turn around the negative image of Paul supporters, sets an example for how things would run with less government and lower taxes, and it just makes campaigning for Paul feel all the more good inside.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I believe it is because charity is an important part of and by-product of freedom. we have to put our actions where our mouths are. everyone should be able to donate a few cans of food.

What I'm thinking is along the lines of trying to get as many meetups in every state to do a food drive in their city on the same day. NATIONAL EXPOSURE my friends!

Sematary
09-28-2007, 10:43 AM
It's an awesome idea. Getting the co-operation of all the meetups is another story.

We tried for the idea of food drives at every RP rally, starting with Spartenburg, then Philly. When Paul went to Austin next, no one there caught the ball and kept running with it.

I like the idea of it following his campaign trail and calling it the Ron paul Good Will Campaign trail. It will get local press coverage every time Paul is in someones town and feel to readers like it hit closer to home, helping shelters and banks in their own areas.

There are lots of ways to do something with the food drive idea. Not sure which one will be easiest for the majority of people to make happen.

I made mention of it to the Clear water group when the Debates were suppose to be there in Sept. (I'm an hour away and wanted to help organize one there) The group leader said, "nah, its a waste of our time, we need to put all of our efforts into sign waving. " No one else even replied to the thread, and they have like 200 members so.........

I don't know why some people can't see all of the positive perks to the idea. It gives positive local press that hits close to home. Warms hearts around the name of Ron Paul, helps to turn around the negative image of Paul supporters, sets an example for how things would run with less government and lower taxes, and it just makes campaigning for Paul feel all the more good inside.

Then let's push it!! I'll message the large groups later this afternoon after I run.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 10:43 AM
I still think it's better to just knock on doors to hand out literature......

G-khan
09-28-2007, 10:44 AM
What I'm thinking is along the lines of trying to get as many meetups in every state to do a food drive in their city on the same day. NATIONAL EXPOSURE my friends!

I think it is a great idea........................

Sematary
09-28-2007, 10:47 AM
I think it is a great idea........................

So help me get it rolling. Send out emails - post it on meetup messageboards - whatever you can do. Let's get some commitments! The night is the eve of Halloween!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 10:48 AM
uhh knock on doors? campaign? anyone?

Sematary
09-28-2007, 10:50 AM

I'm with you man. Let's make this puppy happen and ROCK!!!

Sematary
09-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Is there anybody out there with alot of connections through the meetups? I think this could be worth MILLIONS in free advertising if we can make it happen.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Here is the note I am putting on as many meetup messageboards as possible and the groups I have contacted:

I am asking all the meetups to do a food drive for Halloween. I will be working with people from Boston to do one in Newton, Ma on Halloween eve. :-)
This would be a drive to collect funds and non-perishable items for your local food pantry. In the Boston area that is the Boston Food Bank. If we can make this a NATIONAL campaign, we can not only help alot of people out but we can also show America how Ron Paul believes charity should be handled, we can get his name out there and we can also get a ton of free press! Please commit to this effort in your meetup.
Here is the thread on ronpaulforums.com
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20734

Phoenix
Head Quarters - New Hampshire
Pasadena
Austin
Greater Philadelphia
San Francisco
Detroit (email to organizer)
KC (email to organizer)
Las Vegas
Western Ct./Eastern New York
Manhattan
Boston
Minnesota
Irvine, CA
Dallas
Nashville
Seattle
San Diego
Greater Chicago
Pittsburg/western PA
Los Angeles
Spokane (email to organizer)
Columbus
Tolland County, Ct.
Rhode Island (emailed organizer)
West Hartford, Ct.

Ok - folks, now I need your help. Please post who you contact here and if you've been contacted and your group is going to do this - post it here.

runderwo
09-28-2007, 12:19 PM
I sent it to the Tulsa group. I'm all out of organizer messages for the month for the other groups :-(

wgadget
09-28-2007, 12:22 PM

How about...knock on doors, ask for a can of food, campaign?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 12:23 PM
I sent it to the Tulsa group. I'm all out of organizer messages for the month for the other groups :-(

create a new account

http://www.spaml.com/ use this. disposable email.. just keep creating accounts on meetup after you run out

Sematary
09-28-2007, 12:23 PM

BUT - you can join other groups and put a message on their message boards. :D
That's why I belong to so many groups.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 12:25 PM
How about...knock on doors, ask for a can of food, campaign?

how about.. knock on door, get them into Ron Paul, go to next house

Sematary
09-28-2007, 12:28 PM

Um - how about - we get as many groups as possible involved (hopefully in all fifty states) and we put out ads and yard signs advertising the event and then we simply hand people flyers and have signs on vehicles as we do our good deed? Oh - and alert the media. :D

wgadget
09-28-2007, 12:29 PM

Well, that would work, too, but the ask for the can of food can be a nice entry line...Might give some people more "courage," as the cowardly lion would say.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Well, that would work, too, but the ask for the can of food can be a nice entry line...Might give some people more "courage," as the cowardly lion would say.

ask them for food and then tell them to vote ron paul? hm. How would media find out?

Hope
09-28-2007, 12:35 PM

I don't think we should be asking strangers for food at the same time we're trying to tlak to them about Ron Paul's message.

I mean, this isn't really geared for n00bs who don't know who Ron Paul is. This is something extra that people who already support Ron Paul can do. It takes virtually no time away from campaigning to grab a few canned veggies out of the cupboard and bring them to the next Ron Paul meeting. Or you can make it part of something bigger. The Dems in my area are holding a rally that's $10 at the door. You could host something similar with Ron Paul, asking for canned goods, too.

It's already a lot for people to take in when you try to tell them the Ron Paul message -- adding, "Oh yeah, by the way, donate to the homeless," although admirable, doesn't help the cause as a whole.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 12:35 PM
ask them for food and then tell them to vote ron paul? hm. How would media find out?

If it's done right there would be signs posted at least a week in advance announcing the food drive and on the day of the drive, all vehicles involved would be sporting their Ron Paul gear and, of course, we would be handing out literature.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't think we should be asking strangers for food at the same time we're trying to tlak to them about Ron Paul's message.

I mean, this isn't really geared for n00bs who don't know who Ron Paul is. This is something extra that people who already support Ron Paul can do. It takes virtually no time away from campaigning to grab a few canned veggies out of the cupboard and bring them to the next Ron Paul meeting.

It's already a lot for people to take in when you try to tell them the Ron Paul message -- adding, "Oh yeah, by the way, donate to the homeless," although admirable, doesn't help the cause as a whole.

The idea is to collect food. We can hand them literature as we go along. But the main point has to be to collect the food.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 12:36 PM

I mean, this isn't really geared for n00bs who don't know who Ron Paul is. This is something extra that people who already support Ron Paul can do. It takes virtually no time away from campaigning to grab a few canned veggies out of the cupboard and bring them to the next Ron Paul meeting.

Why quote me? Your argument is my argument lol. Food drive is ok... but you're betting on MSM that purposely ignores us... and this will take a lot of time away from simply going house to house with Ron Paul's message

Sematary
09-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Why quote me? Your argument is my argument lol. Food drive is ok... but you're betting on MSM that purposely ignores us... and this will take a lot of time away from simply going house to house with Ron Paul's message

No it won't. It will get press, as has been proven in the past.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 12:39 PM
No it won't. It will get press, as has been proven in the past.

how will they find out?

Hope
09-28-2007, 12:40 PM

I was quoting you because I agree with you. :)

McDermit
09-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Meh. Not a huge fan of the idea.

How about testing the theory locally and gauging reactions before launching an all out nationwide event? That way, if it bombs, only one group will have wasted time/resources.

Do yours for Halloween, then do a nationwide for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Hope
how will they find out?

Probably the same way this newspaper found out. Take good pictures and go in to talk to somebody at the paper about a possible story, give them contacts, etc. if they feel like it's something they'd be interested in covering.

Sematary
how will they find out?

Ok - think big for a moment. We are talking about a NATIONAL food drive, sponsored by supporters of Ron Paul with the intent of collecting hundreds of tons of non-perishable goods. The idea is to have this happen in every major city in the nation. Naturally, WE are going to contact our local media because they LOVE human interest stories and when the major media get wind of this in every major city in the United States - THEY WILL PICK IT UP!

Sematary
09-28-2007, 12:42 PM

How about testing the theory locally and gauging reactions before launching an all out nationwide event? That way, if it bombs, only one group will have wasted time/resources.

Do yours for Halloween, then do a nationwide for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Don't you remember that group that did it not too long ago? It was a huge success.

McDermit
how will they find out?

Press releases and anonymouse calls? Or even not-so-anonymous calls?

How does the press find out about anything? Someone tells them. You don't think local papers cover the local girl scout troup's good deeds because they just stumbled into the story... no, the GS leader calls a reporter and tips them off.

Hope

Would it really be a waste of time just because there wasn't huge press coverage? I kinda thought it was about helping your community, too. :rolleyes:

McDermit
Don't you remember that group that did it not too long ago? It was a huge success.
No, I don't. Didn't even hear about it...

McDermit
09-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Would it really be a waste of time just because there wasn't huge press coverage? I kinda thought it was about helping your community, too. :rolleyes:

Well, yeah, but I help my community plenty without taking time and resources away from the campaign. That's kind of the point. Ron Paul meetups are about getting Ron Paul elected... not giving ourselves warm fuzzies or feeding the local homeless.

JosephTheLibertarian

I hope it will work if you try it.

Sematary
No, I don't. Didn't even hear about it...

A meetup group (can't remember where right now) did a food drive. It was a huge success, got lots of local media.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 12:45 PM
I remember that... ok, let's run with it then.

Do you remember which group did that?

Sematary
09-28-2007, 12:47 PM
I hope it will work if you try it.

No hope is required - only action.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Well, yeah, but I help my community plenty without taking time and resources away from the campaign. That's kind of the point. Ron Paul meetups are about getting Ron Paul elected... not giving ourselves warm fuzzies or feeding the local homeless.

I know you can see the benefit in getting local press coverage (especially POSITIVE local press coverage) for 'Ron Paul and his supporters.

Hope
09-28-2007, 12:49 PM

See my previous post. It doesn't take any time away from Ron Paul.

"Hey John, remember to bring some extra pens to the meeting so we don't have to share just one if there's something we want to write down!"

"WHAT? No! Absolutely not! I'm not going to take time away from Ron Paul by spending thirty seconds looking for extra pens before the meeting, and then ANNOUNCING during the meeting that extra pens are available! We need every precious second to be devoted ONLY to Ron Paul!"

That's the kind of effort it would take. Grab some stuff before the meeting, put it on one end of the table, make an announcement that if anyone wants to contribute then that option is there. It's not a big deal and if there's even a chance that the charity could give Ron Paul's campaign a boost in local or national media, there's no reason not to.

Ozwest
09-28-2007, 01:11 PM
This could generate massive air-wave and print Press. Even Bill O'Reilly couldn't put a negative spin on food drives for the less fortunate. Ron Paul supporters could become the media "darlings" instead of the "kooks" and "nuts"... A project of this magnitude could generate interest amongst less active Meetup group members and encourage others to join... The nationwide infrastructure is in place. Start organizing and just do it!

Sematary
09-28-2007, 01:17 PM
This could generate massive air-wave and print Press. Even Bill O'Reilly couldn't put a negative spin on food drives for the less fortunate. Ron Paul supporters could become the media "darlings" instead of the "kooks" and "nuts"... A project of this magnitude could generate interest amongst less active Meetup group members and encourage others to join... The nationwide infrastructure is in place. Start organizing and just do it!

That's the kind of "CAN DO" attitude I like to hear.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Here is the note I am putting on as many meetup messageboards as possible and the groups I have contacted:

I am asking all the meetups to do a food drive for Halloween. I will be working with people from Boston to do one in Newton, Ma on Halloween eve. :-)
This would be a drive to collect funds and non-perishable items for your local food pantry. In the Boston area that is the Boston Food Bank. If we can make this a NATIONAL campaign, we can not only help alot of people out but we can also show America how Ron Paul believes charity should be handled, we can get his name out there and we can also get a ton of free press! Please commit to this effort in your meetup.
Here is the thread on ronpaulforums.com
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20734

Phoenix
Head Quarters - New Hampshire
Pasadena
Austin
Greater Philadelphia
San Francisco
Detroit (email to organizer)
KC (email to organizer)
Las Vegas
Western Ct./Eastern New York
Manhattan
Boston
Minnesota
Irvine, CA
Dallas
Nashville
Seattle
San Diego
Greater Chicago
Pittsburg/western PA
Los Angeles
Spokane (email to organizer)
Columbus
Tolland County, Ct.
Rhode Island (emailed organizer)
West Hartford, Ct.

Ok - folks, now I need your help. Please post who you contact here and if you've been contacted and your group is going to do this - post it here.

Someone else already contacted Tulsa. Others?

micahnelson
09-28-2007, 01:21 PM
im for this. We should do it at halloween. Too many other groups will be doing something similar at thanksgiving...

Or we could just coincide with the thanksgiving groups

Hope
09-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Someone else already contacted Tulsa. Others?

I'm contacting the Boone, NC and Mountain City, TN groups.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm contacting the Boone, NC and Mountain City, TN groups.

Nice.
Here is EVIDENCE that this works AND gets attention!

http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-072307.html

http://songbirdx.wordpress.com/2007/07/24/news-stations-believe-ron-paul-supporters-are-only-a-myth/

Ozwest
09-28-2007, 01:29 PM
im for this. We should do it at halloween. Too many other groups will be doing something similar at thanksgiving...

Or we could just coincide with the thanksgiving groups

Halloween sounds good. Should be easy to come up with themes and slogans to match the occasion.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Halloween sounds good. Should be easy to come up with themes and slogans to match the occasion.

The guy I'm working with is talking about putting out tombstones that have "Rest In Peace" and then one of our rights - like habeus corpus.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 01:32 PM

Ya, we can show the death of our republic. :(

Ozwest
09-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Brilliant!

micahnelson
09-28-2007, 01:35 PM
The guy I'm working with is talking about putting out tombstones that have "Rest In Peace" and then one of our rights - like habeus corpus.

Well.. i guess...

How about we stay happy and patriotic...

George Washington, Betsy Ross, Abe Lincoln, Uncle Sam, Lady Liberty, Franklin, Maybe even get some foam and be the constitution...

We should show people that we aren't just a bunch of doom and gloomers... but we are patriotic Americans that appreciate our roots in liberty!

Besides... nobody knows what Habeas Corpus is.

Ozwest
09-28-2007, 01:36 PM

Or we could have a mock sacrifice of Ghouliani. hehe

Sematary
09-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Well.. i guess...

How about we stay happy and patriotic...

George Washington, Betsy Ross, Abe Lincoln, Uncle Sam, Lady Liberty, Franklin, Maybe even get some foam and be the constitution...

We should show people that we aren't just a bunch of doom and gloomers... but we are patriotic Americans that appreciate our roots in liberty!

Besides... nobody knows what Habeas Corpus is.

I'm sure each group can come up with it's own theme but the point is to get food collected and Ron Paul's name in the media. I think we can do that.
I have to leave for work now. Please keep this thread current. :)

Hope
09-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Will do! This will be an awesome testament to the giving power of individuals without the intervention of government. :)

McDermit
09-28-2007, 02:05 PM
See my previous post. It doesn't take any time away from Ron Paul.

"Hey John, remember to bring some extra pens to the meeting so we don't have to share just one if there's something we want to write down!"

"WHAT? No! Absolutely not! I'm not going to take time away from Ron Paul by spending thirty seconds looking for extra pens before the meeting, and then ANNOUNCING during the meeting that extra pens are available! We need every precious second to be devoted ONLY to Ron Paul!"

That's the kind of effort it would take. Grab some stuff before the meeting, put it on one end of the table, make an announcement that if anyone wants to contribute then that option is there. It's not a big deal and if there's even a chance that the charity could give Ron Paul's campaign a boost in local or national media, there's no reason not to.

That's not what it sounds like is being suggested. Yard signs and ads advertising the food drive don't sound like a small or passive effort. It sounds like something that will take time/money/resources away from what should be our main focus.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad idea, but just that there may be better uses of resources.

Ozwest
09-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Nice.
Here is EVIDENCE that this works AND gets attention!

http://songbirdx.wordpress.com/2007/07/24/news-stations-believe-ron-paul-supporters-are-only-a-myth/

As I recall there was a lot of other press on this at the time. Dollar for dollar it is a great way to get media attention whilst networking with others and helping the less fortunate... While media sources should be contacted by Meetup groups, the Charities themselves will make their own contacts with the press. The publicity benefits both parties.

Ozwest
09-28-2007, 02:26 PM
That's not what it sounds like is being suggested. Yard signs and ads advertising the food drive don't sound like a small or passive effort. It sounds like something that will take time/money/resources away from what should be our main focus.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad idea, but just that there may be better uses of resources.

McDermitt... It may require a bit of extra effort, but aren't you killing two birds with one stone. Making contacts with voters who may be more receptive to your message because it accompanies a good cause and generating positive press worth thousands. And Ron Paul needs all the good press he can get right now to insulate him from increasing attacks.

Ninja Homer
09-28-2007, 02:39 PM
This may be a good thing to get the international Ron Paul groups involved with. Groups in England, Holland, etc., are looking for ways to help. Maybe each group could sponsor a city or something. Then you get press for both the food drive and the support for Ron Paul around the world.

Some of the international blogs are listed here:
http://dailypaul.com/node/2236

I like the national food drive idea. The Spam drive was big. This could be huge!

micahnelson
09-28-2007, 02:50 PM
I like Halloween because people are already prepared to answer the door.

Collecting food for a food bank helps a local area and SHOWS people how local liberty can work instead of trying to tell them. It is very instructional.

We leave them with a slimjim and a nice piece of candy... and they have a nice warm fuzzy feeling about the Ron Paul supporters...

... So when the TV tells them that we are all child molesters and terrorists they will have first hand knowledge that we are not.

Ozwest
09-28-2007, 02:54 PM
This may be a good thing to get the international Ron Paul groups involved with. Groups in England, Holland, etc., are looking for ways to help. Maybe each group could sponsor a city or something. Then you get press for both the food drive and the support for Ron Paul around the world.

Some of the international blogs are listed here:
http://dailypaul.com/node/2236

I like the national food drive idea. The Spam drive was big. This could be huge!

Nice thought, but I get the feeling the folks in Amarillo , Texas might not like their charity sponsored by people in Stockholm , Sweden no matter how noble the cause.

Ozwest
09-28-2007, 03:41 PM
I like Halloween because people are already prepared to answer the door.

Collecting food for a food bank helps a local area and SHOWS people how local liberty can work instead of trying to tell them. It is very instructional.

We leave them with a slimjim and a nice piece of candy... and they have a nice warm fuzzy feeling about the Ron Paul supporters...

... So when the TV tells them that we are all child molesters and terrorists they will have first hand knowledge that we are not.

Exactly. It's good public relations and other Campaigns would love to do it, but they can't, because they don't have thousands of passionate volunteers in Meetup groups spread across the Country. This could be HUGE!

Sematary
09-28-2007, 08:01 PM
bump

Sematary
09-28-2007, 08:07 PM
So is anyone going to help me contact the meetups? Look back to the first or second page to see whom I've contacted.
Also - we need to see commitments from meetups around the country.

jb4ronpaul
09-28-2007, 08:09 PM
So is anyone going to help me contact the meetups? Look back to the first or second page to see whom I've contacted.
Also - we need to see commitments from meetups around the country.

I can take care of Ohio

Sematary
09-28-2007, 08:10 PM
I can take care of Ohio

Do it up. Let's get this puppy moving. We have 30 days to put together a national food drive!

thuja
09-28-2007, 08:16 PM
remember the publicity resulting from a past food drive! this is perfect! we can put our money where our mouths are for sure! this is a very Ron Paul thing to do, i think, and tons of great publicity too, which should help the naysayers join.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 08:20 PM
remember the publicity resulting from a past food drive! this is perfect! we can put our money where our mouths are for sure! this is a very Ron Paul thing to do, i think, and tons of great publicity too, which should help the naysayers join.

So which groups are you going to contact? We need to get this out to all the meetups! And we need commitments from them to do this.

jb4ronpaul
09-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Chris Brunner did a google spreadsheet of all the meetups where people could check off after they had been contacted for paint the town ron. suggest the same. a web site would be even better.

libertarian4321
09-28-2007, 08:26 PM

Okay, I'm confused.

Why are we mixing a food drive with campaigning? Just seems a bit bizarre to me.

If you want to collect food, I suggest you do it in conjunction with your local charity/food bank rather than in conjunction with a Presidential campaign.

Frankly, if someone came to my door and said they were doing a food drive in the name of (insert name of candidate), I'd think it was a scam...

Sematary
09-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Chris Brunner did a google spreadsheet of all the meetups where people could check off after they had been contacted for paint the town ron. suggest the same. a web site would be even better.

Would you be willing to do that? I've never seen a google spreadsheet. I do have the list of who I contacted at the beginning (first or second page) of this thread and I know somebody contacted Tulsa. Now we need commitments.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Okay, I'm confused.

Why are we mixing a food drive with campaigning? Just seems a bit bizarre to me.

If you want to collect food, I suggest you do it in conjunction with your local charity/food bank rather than in conjunction with a Presidential campaign.

Frankly, if someone came to my door and said they were doing a food drive in the name of (insert name of candidate), I'd think it was a scam...

Go back a few pages (forget what page). You will see that this has been done and successfully. It got lots of press and was a good thing for the campaign and the volunteers. Why are so many people negative all the time? This is a GREAT way to build good will with your communities and get Rons name out there.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 11:58 PM
bump

thuja
09-29-2007, 12:03 AM
we want to do this. it is a very Ron Paul thing to do. so lets do it, and those uninterested dont bother to keep saying negative things.

Sematary
09-29-2007, 12:04 AM
we want to do this. it is a very Ron Paul thing to do. so lets do it, and those uninterested dont bother to keep saying negative things.

Are you contacting any groups attempting to get a commitment?

Sematary
09-29-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm sending this followup to the meetups I've already contacted to try and get them to commit:

Come on folks. What about it? Can we count you in on a national food drive in Ron Paul's name? Think of the media exposure if there are meetups in all 50 states busting ass to get food for the hungry and it's being done by Ron Paul supporters across the nation. This was done on a small scale and was very successful: http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-072307.html
We NEED your help. Here's a story about how it's done!

Sematary
09-29-2007, 01:15 AM
bumpty bump until I have commitments from 50 states or the date passes - whichever comes first. ;-)

Ozwest
09-29-2007, 01:26 AM
You can bet the hired fund raising gurus from the "top tier" Campaigns would jump at the opportunity to do something like this. Why don't they? Quite simply, they can't... Ron Paul has a standing army of organized Meetup groups across the Country that can make this happen. The opportunity is there to get National headlines while showing others that private citizens can help their Communities without the aid of tax payer funded government hand - outs... Start talking to your local Meetup and your neighbors. Let's make this happen!

Ozwest
09-29-2007, 02:18 AM
Think about it. Why did John Edwards launch his Campaign in New Orleans, posing in front of cameras, with his sleeves rolled up, helping Katrina victims? He knows voters respond to "Can Do" images... How much easier would it be to approach people about Ron Paul if they saw a picture of your local Meetup, delivering food to a Charity, in your local Newspaper? How difficult would it be for Bill O'Reilly to call Ron Paul supporters "kooks" if News broadcasts and Current affairs programs had stories of "Rons Army" delivering aid to Charities all over the Nation? How good would it make you feel helping others while spreading Ron Pauls message?

Ozwest
09-29-2007, 04:29 AM
Democrats think of themselves as " Caring and Nurturing ". Many are realizing that all governments siphon tax payers money from the middle class and it ends up in the hands of the few elites... Why not show these teetering Democrats, in practical terms, that a Ron Paul Government would empower private citizens, in their own communities, freeing them to share their prosperity with their less fortunate neighbors.

Sematary
09-29-2007, 08:14 AM
So far, I have Boston and Spartanburg and I'm pretty sure, Hawaii, on board. That's three states. Come on folks. Let's make this thing rock and roll!

Ozwest
09-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Taxation has some very destructive consequences for communities and the nation as a whole. Those who support the idea that government should re-distribute income are amongst the least likely to dig into their own wallets to help others... Ron Paul Meetup groups can show that charity, in contrast, has only the upside... Spreading the Ron Paul message in this manner is politically astute... Talk to people in your Meetup group. Let's make this a Nationwide effort of all the Meetup groups!

Ozwest
09-29-2007, 06:26 PM
At todays New Hampshire Rally they had a food donation drive which was very successful. Ron Paul was quoted as saying "Private charities are Superior to Government". Let's follow New Hampshire's example. Contact your local Meetup and let's get this party started!

Ozwest
09-29-2007, 07:24 PM
BUMP for RON PAUL

Sematary
09-30-2007, 07:43 AM
bump for Ron Paul (again). :)

AZ Libertarian
09-30-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm ashamed at so-called 'Libertarians' pooh-poohing such a noble idea!

That's ok Sematary - PHOENIX IS ON BOARD! We are getting into the milder weather here in Arizona, and we are getting prepped to begin walking door to door to tell THE WORLD about Ron Paul - it's no skin off of our noses to do a food drive while we are there! There is no downside to feeding those who can't feed themselves - NONE! Don't listen to any nay-sayers whenever you have a good idea - run with it and show them wrong. National or not, Phoenix WILL be collecting food for the needy during our 'Family Walks for Ron Paul', and it won't be just one night, either! We will incorporate our food drive for THE ENTIRE WALK SEASON! We will be keeping a record of how many pounds - strike that - how many TONS of food we collect, and turn over to charities to feed the less fortunate.

And ANYONE who tries to be negative towards our efforts DESERVES A KICK IN THE NUTS!

***************RON PAUL WILL BE OUR NEXT PRESIDENT!***************

Ozwest
09-30-2007, 12:08 PM
You guys are amazing. You'll own that town soon!

Roxi
10-02-2007, 08:10 AM
OK tulsa is in.... I just got off the phone with the grocery store by my house... they are going to let me borrow a grocery cart for a few hours, im going to decorate it then walk around my neighborhood with it and ask for donations :)

ALSO they agreed to let me put a display up there for it as well... so ill get working on that!

and ill get springfield, mo involved too!

hopeforamerica
10-02-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm ashamed at so-called 'Libertarians' pooh-poohing such a noble idea!

That's ok Sematary - PHOENIX IS ON BOARD! We are getting into the milder weather here in Arizona, and we are getting prepped to begin walking door to door to tell THE WORLD about Ron Paul - it's no skin off of our noses to do a food drive while we are there! There is no downside to feeding those who can't feed themselves - NONE! Don't listen to any nay-sayers whenever you have a good idea - run with it and show them wrong. National or not, Phoenix WILL be collecting food for the needy during our 'Family Walks for Ron Paul', and it won't be just one night, either! We will incorporate our food drive for THE ENTIRE WALK SEASON! We will be keeping a record of how many pounds - strike that - how many TONS of food we collect, and turn over to charities to feed the less fortunate.

And ANYONE who tries to be negative towards our efforts DESERVES A KICK IN THE NUTS!

***************RON PAUL WILL BE OUR NEXT PRESIDENT!***************

bwhahaha! That's our Ed:D Love his enthusiasm, it's infectious! He is a non stop freedom machine!!

Sematary
10-02-2007, 09:19 AM
OK tulsa is in.... I just got off the phone with the grocery store by my house... they are going to let me borrow a grocery cart for a few hours, im going to decorate it then walk around my neighborhood with it and ask for donations :)

ALSO they agreed to let me put a display up there for it as well... so ill get working on that!

and ill get springfield, mo involved too!

NICE!!! Let's make this puppy ROCK!!!

Edward
11-13-2007, 11:13 AM
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/61/37/23303761.jpg

Edward
01-14-2008, 10:10 PM
This idea has again resurfaced here...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89847