PDA

View Full Version : I have failed as a mother...My daughter likes:

wgadget
09-28-2007, 09:45 AM
ALAN KEYES!

Good God, where have I gone wrong?

My oldest married daughter watched her first debate last night. She called me to tell me she doesn't like Ron Paul's stances on the issues, but with prodding, she couldn't really be more specific. She ended up saying she didn't agree with him on the war.

Then the bomb...She liked Alan Keyes.

I need a Tylenol.

libertythor
09-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Keyes isn't all that bad. He is against the UN. It could have been worse......Duncan Hunter or Huckabee!!!!!

noxagol
09-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Oh good god. That fire and brimstone preacher wanna be? I am sorry for you.

mconder
09-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Allen had the fire & brimstone thing going on last night. I think that kind of emotion appeals to younger people.

libertythor
09-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Thats Keyes' bad side.

trispear
09-28-2007, 09:50 AM
You have my sympathies.

LibertyEagle
Allen had the fire & brimstone thing going on last night. I think that kind of emotion appeals to younger people.

Really? :confused: Wow. I would think all that preaching and swaying would turn them off.

FSP-Rebel
Keyes is a raving lunatic. Does he even have a buck in his campaign fund? I'm sorry, but I just don't hear him talking about many issues. Usually, he runs his mouth about moral this and moral that w/o mentioning specific issues. Keyes won't even be in the next debate in Dearborn, Mich.

RPatTheBeach
09-28-2007, 09:51 AM

I guess I am part of the younger crowd, and I found his act to be quite humorous. I felt like I was watching some sort of movie or sitcom the way he was carrying on. I couldn't take anything he was saying seriously.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Keyes is a raving lunatic. Does he even have a buck in his campaign fund? I'm sorry, but I just don't hear him talking about many issues. Usually, he runs his mouth about moral this and moral that w/o mentioning specific issues. Keyes won't even be in the next debate in Dearborn, Mich.

hence why the OP's daughter didn't go into specifics lol :rolleyes:

LizF
09-28-2007, 09:53 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

wgadget
He was comical, and I don't think he answered a single question without going MAJORly OT.

trispear
Maybe we can find some youtube videos showing how wacky Alan Keyes is for wgagdet to send it to his/her daughter.

Stealth4
09-28-2007, 09:54 AM
ALAN KEYES!

My oldest married daughter watched her first debate last night. She called me to tell me she doesn't like Ron Paul's stances on the issues, but with prodding, she couldn't really be more specific. She ended up saying she didn't agree with him on the war.

I need a Tylenol.

Send her this

"For those of you who like Alan Keyes, please give this a full listen.

He talks about killing, killing, and more killing. All in the name of the war on terror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIuCjjAdTrE

I was at a church event that he attended here in Houston and he was really pushing the Christian Americans VS the Evil Muslims agenda.

The audio is from after the event was over and he was talking with people in the lobby."

- From another poster on this form

jb4ronpaul
09-28-2007, 09:54 AM
to to educate people on the war and foreign policy. Its makes us bankupt, less safe, and less free.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Keyes sucked cock last night. The man didn't answer one question!

BillyDkid
09-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Personally I don't think Keyes is a bad guy, but he is irrational and dishonest when cornered. I saw a debate with him and some other guy years ago about religion and the role it plays in public life. When he knew he couldn't win the debate rationally instead of addressing the particular points he resorted, essentially, to name calling and emotionalism. I'm sorry, I don't care what sort of belief system choose to use as a basis for conduct of their personal lives, but do not claim to know you know the truth based on irrationality and presume to run the country based on those beliefs.

AlexAmore
09-28-2007, 09:58 AM
http://boards.bengals.com/images/suicide.gif

JMann
09-28-2007, 09:59 AM

Is he running for President or the second coming?

It will be interesting once all the major new mag publication put him on the cover. Oh wait he is a black Republican he won't get the Obama treatment.

transistor
09-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Trust me, keyes doesn't appeal to us young people

erowe1
09-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Look at the good side. The time will come very early in the primaries when it will be obvious to even the most casual observer that Keyes doesn't stand a chance. But Paul will (hopefully) continue to be a contender much longer, and when your daughter decides to go with somebody who stands a chance, instead of Keyes, Ron Paul will likely be a big draw for her, especially with your positive influence.

jb4ronpaul
09-28-2007, 10:08 AM
there is hope for ANYONE, I used to be the biggest neocon warmonger. actually turning away from the loudmouth Christian leaders and turning back to God and the Bible and praying turned me around.

Kregener
09-28-2007, 10:10 AM
I have a brother and also a friend of 34 years who both would vote for Bush again if they could.

I keep hoping I can get them to see the light and break free of the neocon propaganda before they..."vote".

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 10:12 AM
tell them to stay at home

Brother Butch
09-28-2007, 10:22 AM
If not for RP I would seriously consider Keyes. I don't like the way he sees the war issue but he has many other attributes I like.

UCFGavin
09-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Really? :confused: Wow. I would think all that preaching and swaying would turn them off.

23 here and completely turned off by keyes. his preaching tone sounds like nails on a chalk board.

UCFGavin
09-28-2007, 10:29 AM
I have a brother and also a friend of 34 years who both would vote for Bush again if they could.

I keep hoping I can get them to see the light and break free of the neocon propaganda before they..."vote".

ask them what they think about the war costing $200 billion next year

mavtek
09-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Disown?

Also take whatever inheritance you had for her and donate it to RP. If you planned on getting her something for Xmas give it to RP.

speciallyblend
09-28-2007, 10:34 AM
http://boards.bengals.com/images/suicide.gif

where did you get that emotion omg it floored me i ccant stop laughing sigh

born2drv
09-28-2007, 10:35 AM
when Alan starts speaking he starts with that "you knoooow...." in a very condenscending and nose up in the air way i just find him to be full of it and full of himself....

mavtek
09-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh yes, if I wanted to hear a booming loud mouth ranting and raving I can go to a baptist church. I don't want to hear that from my president.

bcmiller
09-28-2007, 10:42 AM
The war is the only issue you disagree on so she can be rescued.

Alan Keyes is the best choice of you are going prowar - interventionism. I was pro Alan Keyes in 2000 but there was less talk of jihadists back then.

What I did notice about Dr. Keyes was this...

His delivery is very much like Dana Carvey's "The Church Lady"... He starts very reasonable and soft spoken with a bit of Kermit the Frog nasaliness. Then he builds to his inevitable "SATAN!!" crescendo. Very entertaining.

The way to win your daughter over is money. Not a bribe, although it wouldn't hurt, but the question of how we pay for these foreign adventures.

shadowhooch
09-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Anytime I hear someone like another candidate beside Ron Paul, I approach them with this question:

Please choose A or B:

A) You must donate 35% of your income to the US govt to create a new Iraq, keep troops in 140 other countries, and spend a Trillion dollars overseas every single year.

or

B) You keep 100% of your income and the the US will stop interfering into the internal affairs of other nations.

YOU are paying for all of this. So, do you think your money is being well spent or do you think you'd rather keep your money?

Choice A represents all other Presidential candidates.
Choice B represents Ron Paul and is what he will do if we elect him President.

erowe1
09-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Anytime I hear someone like another candidate beside Ron Paul, I approach them with this question:

Please choose A or B:

A) You must donate 35% of your income to the US govt to create a new Iraq, keep troops in 140 other countries, and spend a Trillion dollars overseas every single year.

or

B) You keep 100% of your income and the the US will stop interfering into the internal affairs of other nations.

YOU are paying for all of this. So, do you think your money is being well spent or do you think you'd rather keep your money?

Choice A represents all other Presidential candidates.
Choice B represents Ron Paul and is what he will do if we elect him President.

That's a really good way of putting it. You can even do one better. If they choose option A, then you can point out that even when income tax is eliminated, they are still free to donate all the money they want to the foreign governments and mercenary armies that they think should have it.

AlexAmore
09-28-2007, 11:05 AM
where did you get that emotion omg it floored me i ccant stop laughing sigh

Just right click on it and go to properties. Copy the address (URL) and then paste it wherever your heart desires! :)

IRO-bot
09-28-2007, 11:07 AM
AlexAmore - Who wrote that quote in your sig? It's friggin' sweet!

OptionsTrader
09-28-2007, 11:11 AM
ALAN KEYES!

I need a Tylenol.

Buy her a copy of Ron Paul's book "A Foreign Policy of Freedom."

When she is done reading it, then have a discussion about our foreign entanglements and she will be more open to your side of the argument.

I promise you this will work.

http://www.mises.org/store/product1.aspx?Product_ID=359

erowe1
09-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Buy her a copy of Ron Paul's book "A Foreign Policy of Freedom."

When she is done reading it, then have a discussion about our foreign entanglements and she will be more open to your side of the argument.

I promise you this will work.

http://www.mises.org/store/product1.aspx?Product_ID=359

Ehh, I think you can do better than that book. It's just a collection of his foreign policy speeches before congress. Most of them say the same things about different foreign threats. Some of the other books that have been promoted on these forums (I forget titles, sorry) look like they'll present more of a thoroughgoing and persuasive argument for non-interventionism.

DahuiHeeNalu
09-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Ouch! they guy seemed more like a Al Sharpton & A Preacher mix to me he was quite scary!

AFTFNJ
09-28-2007, 12:08 PM
ALAN KEYES!

I need a Tylenol.

Invite her home for Turkey & ambush here with Money Masters
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936

Then AFTF!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173&q=AMerica+Freedom+to+Fascism&total=898&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Hopefully that should be enough if not tell her all the people the IRS has killed for a law that does not exist for an private entity (Da Fed) Which is unconstitutional.

archemeedees
09-28-2007, 12:15 PM
I liked one of the things Alan Keyes had to say. You look past the vibrato-emotionalism of his speaking and listen to what he's actually saying and he has some good points.
I didn't listen to him enough to decide whether he knows what he's talking about when it comes to government, but I completely agreed with him about the decay of the family being the major contributing factor to criminality in black communities. Ron Paul is still the only candidate that has any common sense in relation to government.

awigo50
09-28-2007, 12:20 PM
AlexAmore - Who wrote that quote in your sig? It's friggin' sweet!

You'd enjoy A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy then...

Marshall
09-28-2007, 12:22 PM
I liked one of the things Alan Keyes had to say. You look past the vibrato-emotionalism of his speaking and listen to what he's actually saying and he has some good points.
I didn't listen to him enough to decide whether he knows what he's talking about when it comes to government, but I completely agreed with him about the decay of the family being the major contributing factor to criminality in black communities. Ron Paul is still the only candidate that has any common sense in relation to government.

If you watched the whole thing I imagine you noticed that his answer to every question was: family, marriage, god. He just kept saying the same thing reguardless.

synthetic
09-28-2007, 02:02 PM
ALAN KEYES!

I need a Tylenol.

Keep your kids away from public school. It teaches children to be dependant and support massive government.

wgadget
09-28-2007, 02:03 PM
I did my best...she was homeschooled, as are her brother and sister currently.

BIG_J
09-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Maybe she is "Hanging out with the wrong crowd."

LOL

wgadget
09-28-2007, 02:06 PM
She's married to a Right to Life director...