PDA

View Full Version : Francisco Rodriguez - is this guy the real deal?

LibertyMage
08-25-2009, 06:09 PM
I woke up this morning to an email from a guy named Francisco Rodriguez. I assumed this was someone who had picked up my email somewhere and added me to a group list. However, I may have found a gold coin in my spam salad.

I open the email and I find this:

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/4c1e4664c0d3f1e691646931b/images/Master_Banner.1.jpg

My Actions to Stop Federally run Health Care!

Dear Friends,

Why would anyone want Congress or the President to define "health" or "care"? And, why would we want them to direct it? The battle for your health should never be at the polling booth or by a regulatory body, but between you and your doctor. All of Washington wants to distract people from the law of the land by telling us to "Look at Canada", "See what England is doing", or "Check out countries that have socialized medicine," when the real question should be: is the government allowed to regulate healthcare? The Constitution of the United States does not allow the Federal government to regulate "Health Care" or reform it, and by doing so Congress will have to violate their oath of office to the Constitution.

Why is no one talking about the Constitution?

The Federal Govenment no longer needs to consider the U.S. Constitution on any issue because they already have your money. The battle for the Constitution needs to be taken to the state legislature. If you look up all of the people who signed the original Constitution they were all representatives of states. No Congressman, President, Judge or regulatory body signed the Constitution so they probably won't enforce it on themselves, with the exception of Dr. Ron Paul. However, the states have a vested interest in limiting Federal Power to assure that they keep more state money and power in the hands of people and communties rather than in Washington.

As a Florida State Representative I would propose and support legislation that gives Floridians more Health Freedom and less government intrusion on their health. The 10th Amendment gives states the power over the Federal Government in the area of Health Care or Medical Care.

How to Get Free Health Care

Why should you send your money to Washington when it is needed in your community? I encourage everyone to participate in charitable giving to non-profit hospitals, non-profit nursing homes and other non-profit medical facilities that seek to provide the needy people in your community with free medical care.

See my platform position on Health http://www.rodriguez2010.com/platform

More articles and videos about health coming on the campaign web site!

This sounded good, but we liberty-minded individuals often get burned by supporting candidates so I decided to check out his platform (emphasis mine):

Life

The course of existence or sum of experiences and actions that constitute a person's existence. You are not alive because a group of people decided to grant you life; you have life because you were brought into the world as an individual. Your life and mere existence is independent of the federal government.

Property

Everything you own and anything else you have earned belongs to you. Whatever investments you have made or possessions you have acquired are yours so long as you have not taken them from someone else. Property is a right that you have because you have life.

Liberty

The freedom to do what you will with your life and property in order to bring your life meaning. You may wish to be charitable and help the needy or you may choose to use your money to start a business. If you have Liberty, you can work to the best of your ability to do either or both. Liberty gives you the ability to make choices.

“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.” ~ James Madison

Francisco’s Platform:

The 10th Amendment Resolution

The 10th Amendment - “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

The Constitution of the United States was written to limit the power of the Federal Government (See Article 1 Section 8, Article 1 Section 9 and the 10th Amendment). The fact that no Federal official signed the Constitution reminds us that the State of Florida and the people of Florida have more power than the Federal Government regarding decisions dealing with our personal lives. When elected to office I will fight to tame the Federal Government and bring it back to its Constitutional limits. The 10th Amendment is the most effective way to bring you control over your life and to affect change in your state and community.
Economics (Money, Products and Services)

Did this guy just fall right off the liberty tree? If you aren't sure, check this:

* Article I Section 8: “Congress shall have the power….To coin money, Regulate the Value Thereof, and of Foreign Coin, and Fix the Standard of Weights and Measures”
* Article 1 Section 10: “No State shall…shall make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts…”
* Economic difficulties remind us that we need to have a sound money system at the State and local level. My goal is to support local businesses in order to limit importing of goods and outsourcing of jobs, in order to restore monetary stability to the individuals and community banking institutions. Being that local banking systems do not accept money from the Federal Reserve, they are minimally affected by the nationwide boom and bust cycles, thus providing individuals and local businesses sustainable opportunities of borrowing and lending.

Whaaaaaaaat?! Is that a subtle liberty shout out?

I don't know who this guy is but I can certainly say he didn't come across my email by chance. This guy is most definitely a liberty candidate. If this guy pans out to be legit I suggest we start putting his name out and think about a money bomb.

Does anyone know anything about this guy? Do we have any history of him? Can someone in Florida get a couple minutes with him in front of the camera? Someone down there do some digging!

http://www.libertymage.com/

Epic
08-25-2009, 06:12 PM
He's running for Florida State House - a relatively unimportant position.

I hope he wins though.

Standing Like A Rock
08-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about the New York Mets closing pitcher, Francisco Rodriguez.

http://blog.nj.com/mets_main/2009/07/large_krodsave.jpg

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Philadelphia+Phillies+v+New+York+Mets+0tz6HyHhfa8l .jpg

Flash
08-25-2009, 06:15 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/102587

Looks like this guy has already tried contacting the Ron Paul movement in the past.

angelatc
08-25-2009, 06:15 PM
He's running for Florida State House - a relatively unimportant position.

I hope he wins though.

It's not an unimportant position - it's a very important position in Florida. And it's a good way to start a political career.