PDA

View Full Version : We can win NH but what about Iowa??

kickzman
09-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Ron has good odds in NH since its a free minded independent state but w/o Iowa will
that mean much?

FSP-Rebel
09-28-2007, 09:27 AM
I think Ron can win any state that he targets with TV ads. Even a 2nd/3rd place showing here or there won't hurt. Just think what $100k in ads would do for our numbers and 'legitimacy' in IA? NH should be a cakewalk moreso than any other.

libertythor
09-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Iowa is just south of Minnesota......it can have a wild streak.

Remember that Iowa has the most literate population out of all the states. That means a greater percentage of the population will research and analyze the candidates.

Badger Paul
09-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Iowans are not enthusisastic about the war and there's an anti-interventionist streak within them, even among Republicans. If we can get those voters to support RP then we can win.

noxagol
09-28-2007, 09:45 AM
We need to hammer New Hampshire, Iowa, and South Carolina hard and relentlessly.

austin356
09-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Iowans are not enthusisastic about the war and there's an anti-interventionist streak within them, even among Republicans. If we can get those voters to support RP then we can win.

yes I have noticed that. Iowans seem humble and fairly passive (compared to southerners) and not nearly as aggressive both personally and with their belief in military (compliment).

Though it has always been my perception (whether right or wrong) that Iowans are weary of dramatic change. The good Dr. is the "change, most, fastest" candidate, albeit it is changes that many profess to believe in.

Top 3 in Iowa is a must. NH is a must win.

fletcher
09-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Romney will probably win Iowa, but Ron could come in second. Rudy, McCain, and Thompson haven't done anything in Iowa. Iowans don't like that.

kickzman
09-28-2007, 09:52 AM
I have a bad feeling the Neocons are pressuring states to move up their primaries so that any surprise victories in places like Iowa won't have enough time to sway voters in another state. Something that could harm someone w/o name recognition ie Dr Paul.

libertythor
09-28-2007, 09:55 AM
South Carolina will be a tough nut to crack. The place is full of RINOs like Lindsay Graham.

He will need the endorsement of Mark Sanford.....and maybe the statewide famous Glenn McConnell to boot.

jj111
09-28-2007, 09:58 AM
The time to spread the word is now. If and when we reach critical mass it will go viral and there will be no stopping us.

jj111
09-28-2007, 09:59 AM
The best thing you can do is go out there and spread the word. Work as hard as you can with either your local meetup group and/or independently. It is our hard work that will make or break this campaign.

BillyDkid
09-28-2007, 10:01 AM
I know I am a broken record, but THEY HAVE TO START ADVERTISING. It may be that the Iowa straw poll was not that important, but it did give the media and excuse to take Huckabee seriously and I am certain that Ron Paul could have won that straw poll had the campaign put some resources toward it. Imagine how much more poorly Dr. Paul would have done had it not been for the outstanding efforts of the grass roots volunteers.

kickzman
09-28-2007, 10:19 AM
I think w/ the money we have raised we can easily out advertise everyone except RudyMcRomneyson.. but the good thing about that is Dr Paul is the only antiwar guy.

Santana28
09-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Well, HQ just hired on Meghann Walker from the Greater Chicago Group (and the Boston Globe front-page article) on as a paid staffer for the State of Iowa, and she's moving there soon if not already.... and as someone who has seen first-hand what she is capable of... I'd say Iowa is in VERY good hands!

kickzman
09-28-2007, 10:20 AM
What will she be doing?

Santana28
09-28-2007, 10:21 AM
i have no idea! i just found out yesterday.

born2drv
09-28-2007, 10:36 AM
of the early states which are open primaries? I think RP needs to do an advertising blitz on these states....