PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck goes after Color of Change co-founder Van Jones ( Communist )

FrankRep
08-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Glenn Beck goes after Color of Change co-founder Van Jones (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/08/glenn-beck-ignores-ad-boycott.html)

Los Angeles Times
August 24, 2009

Glenn Beck used his popular Fox News show this afternoon to attack the background of Van Jones, a White House environmental advisor who co-founded an African American political advocacy group that organized an advertising boycott of his program.

During his 2 p.m. PDT show, Beck did not address the boycott spearheaded by Color of Change (http://colorofchange.org/) to protest the talk show host’s remark last month that he believes President Obama is “a racist.” (http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fnc/fnc_responds_to_glenn_beck_calling_pres_obama_a_ra cist_122881.asp)

Instead, he spent a large share of his program suggesting that Jones, who co-founded Color of Change in 2005, is a radical. Jones now serves as a special advisor for Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality.

During a six-minute biographical profile, set to ominous music, Beck said Jones was twice arrested for political protests and has described himself as a "rowdy black nationalist." The talk show host cast the piece as part of a broader examination of Obama's "czars," special advisers to the president who "don't answer to anybody."

"Why is it that such a committed revolutionary has made it so high into the Obama administration as one of his chief advisers?" Beck asked.

Christine Glunz, a spokeswoman for the White House Council on Environmental Quality, noted that Jones has been lauded as an environmental hero and said his entire focus is on “building clean energy incentives which create 21st-century jobs.”

“Glenn Beck is trying to change the subject,” said James Rucker, executive director of Color of Change, who noted that Jones has not been active with the group in almost two years. “The issue is his baseless fear mongering.”

Beck has gone after Jones in the past. On July 28, he called the activist a "self-professed communist" and questioned the role he was playing in the administration. His latest assault on Jones came as Color of Change announced that it has secured commitments from 36 companies who have pledged not to advertise on Beck’s popular program, including Wal-Mart and Sprint. However, some of the companies never had a presence on "Glenn Beck." Representatives of Procter & Gamble and AT&T – listed by Color of Change as companies that had signed onto the boycott – told The Times that their companies did not run spots on Beck’s program to begin with.

While the advertising boycott has generated substantial media coverage (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090823/ap_on_bi_ge/us_tv_beck_s_advertisers), Fox News said it has not impacted the network’s revenues or Beck’s audience. "The advertisers referenced have all moved their spots from Beck to other programs on the network so there has been no revenue lost," a spokeswoman said.

Since his Fox News show launched in January, Beck has attracted a sizable audience with his strident denunciations of the Obama administration and apocalyptic warnings about the country’s direction. Late last month, during an appearance on the morning show “Fox & Friends,” he accused Obama of having “a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture.”

“This guy is, I believe, a racist,” he added.

The flap that ensued did not appear to dampen Beck’s viewership. This month, his show has averaged 2.25 million viewers, 99% more than tuned in during the same period last year, when the network aired “America’s Election HQ” during the time period. And his ratings are up from July, when Beck's program averaged 2.05 million viewers. Fan websites such as Defend Glenn have called for viewers to fight back against the advertising boycott, and some media veterans have denounced the tactic as a suppression of free speech.

The controversy has triggered a broader discussion about the risks to advertisers of running commercials amid the incendiary rhetoric of cable talk shows. Clorox announced last week that it was pulling its ads off all political talk shows.

"We do not want to be associated with inflammatory speech used by either liberal or conservative talk show host,” the company said in a statement. “After a comprehensive review of political talks shows across the spectrum, at this time we have made a decision not to advertise on them. Clorox has done very little advertising on political talk shows overall, and given the sometimes inflammatory nature of these shows, we feel our advertising investment is best directed elsewhere.”

-- Matea Gold

SOURCE:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/08/glenn-beck-ignores-ad-boycott.html

FrankRep
08-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Flashback:

Obama's "Green Jobs Czar" Is Admitted Communist, deep-rooted in radical politics

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=207133

hillbilly123069
08-25-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't trust Glenn.He did his part in the primaries last year obscuring the candidates.Fool me once....

DirtMcGirt
08-26-2009, 08:33 PM
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/125/im-bad-im-slick.html?page=0%2C0

Here is an article on Jones from 2008.

Liberty Star
08-26-2009, 08:36 PM
It's only fair, they have almost driven away all of his advertizers with family values. It's karma from Iraqi civilains that would probably drive Beck and Fox out of the biz.

This is a lovely fight, get popcorns and enjoy the drama.

FrankRep
08-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Czar: 'Spread the wealth! Change the whole system'
Using White House position to push communist policies?

World Net Daily
August 30, 2009

SOURCE:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=108441

FrankRep
08-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Czar's 'communist manifesto' scrubbed from Net
Founded group with 'commitment to fundamental ideas of Marxism-Leninism'

World Net Daily
August 30, 2009

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=108445

wsc321
08-31-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't trust Glenn.He did his part in the primaries last year obscuring the candidates.Fool me once....

For a number of reasons, I don't trust Glenn either (though I'd like to be wrong). Having said that, I totally support what he's been covering with regard to the current Admin.

I don't trust Fox News in general - but right now they appear to be helping the causes Ron Paul folks believe in more than hurting. I won't presume to judge their motives - but that's just the current state.

It's pretty amazing to me that the whole news media is on one side, and FNC is on the other. (Has something similar ever happened before?) I hope (for now) FNC continues to win. Perhaps if they do at some point they'll start evangelizing for some equally bad Republican-based nonsense... at that point, I guess we root for the others. I dunno - I guess we just root for the establishment to crack to some degree that Americans can wake up and perhaps we can see crisis averted and some restoration of Constitutional respect.

BlackTerrel
08-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Despite the over the top WND writing I don't see anything so bad here. Although I do imagine the WND writers going over this to scary movie music in the background.

In one section of his twenty-minute speech, Jones referenced "our Native American brothers and sisters" who, he claimed, were "pushed," "bullied," "mistreated" and "shoved into all the land that we didn't want."

Can anyone really argue against that? It's pretty much a fact.

"We have to create a green economy, that's true, that's true. But we have to create a green economy that Dr. King would be proud of," he exclaimed.

Ok.

Jones spoke about using what he termed an environmental revolution to push for other policies, including anti-war activism.

"If all you did was have a clean energy revolution, you wouldn't have done anything. ... You'll have bio-fueled bombers and we'll be fighting wars over lithium for the batteries instead of oil for the engines," he said to applause.

Anti-war activism? Why are RPF members opposed to that?

Jones on 9-11: Blame U.S. 'imperialism'

Last week, WND reported one day after the 9/11 attacks, Jones led a vigil that expressed solidarity with Arab and Muslim Americans as well as what he called the victims of "U.S. imperialism" around the world.

Again. That sounds like what I would read from most of the members on this forum.

...There's certain things about his past that don't sound so pleasant but what's wrong with the 21 minute video posted. WND cherry picked the "worst stuff" and nothing in there was "radical" or "scary" the way that I was reading it.

Flash
08-31-2009, 02:11 PM
WND cherry picked the "worst stuff" and nothing in there was "radical" or "scary" the way that I was reading it.

WND is a pretty suspicious website, which I'm pretty sure is controlled by Neo-Cons. If they wanted to show the worst stuff about Van Jones, they should've hammered him on the Communist thing. Rather than trying to push a radical Neo-Con agenda by saying anyone who opposes war is an extremist.

paulitics
08-31-2009, 02:16 PM
For a number of reasons, I don't trust Glenn either (though I'd like to be wrong). Having said that, I totally support what he's been covering with regard to the current Admin.

I don't trust Fox News in general - but right now they appear to be helping the causes Ron Paul folks believe in more than hurting. I won't presume to judge their motives - but that's just the current state.

It's pretty amazing to me that the whole news media is on one side, and FNC is on the other. (Has something similar ever happened before?) I hope (for now) FNC continues to win. Perhaps if they do at some point they'll start evangelizing for some equally bad Republican-based nonsense... at that point, I guess we root for the others. I dunno - I guess we just root for the establishment to crack to some degree that Americans can wake up and perhaps we can see crisis averted and some restoration of Constitutional respect.

Fox news ratings were going down after the Iraq war, and MSNBC was going up. Now that they are somewhat pro liberty, and MSNBC is fascist, the reverse is true.

People want freedom, they just aren't sophisticated enough to know how these sharply dressed talking heads are not their friends.

BlackTerrel
08-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Fox news ratings were going down after the Iraq war, and MSNBC was going up. Now that they are somewhat pro liberty, and MSNBC is fascist, the reverse is true.

People want freedom, they just aren't sophisticated enough to know how these sharply dressed talking heads are not their friends.

I wonder. I tend to think that when "your guy" is in office your ratings are worst. Towing the party line doesn't really get people excited and tuning in. Railing against the system does.

I'd guess that ratings for Limbaugh etc. would be up since Obama's election as well - though I haven't looked.

wsc321
09-01-2009, 11:20 AM

Good point.

tonesforjonesbones
09-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Glenn Beck talked about Van Jones BEFORE Color of Change started the attack..I knew about Van Jones BEFORE the attacks. tones

tonesforjonesbones
09-01-2009, 01:19 PM
By the way...some of the advertisers are coming BACK to Beck due to our counter protests...AND a lot more are coming to Glenn Becks show because there was no room before ...Beck is doing GREAT..tones

BlackTerrel
09-01-2009, 02:16 PM
By the way...some of the advertisers are coming BACK to Beck due to our counter protests...AND a lot more are coming to Glenn Becks show because there was no room before ...Beck is doing GREAT..tones

Great for whom?

Flash
09-01-2009, 03:51 PM

What I find funny about the situation is MSNBC losing an equal amount of ads due to the boycott. Since most of these companies had advertising on both Olbermann & Beck's show, now only have to take ads off BOTH shows in order to not look biased. For example, General Mills took ads off Beck's show a few days ago. So, me and others fired off emails to GM demanding they take ads off of MSNBC since Olbermann called us a 'racist' and compared us town hallers to neo-nazis. And voila, today General Mills announced they're pulling ads from MSNBC too now since they don't want to look like they're siding with the Libs.

ElyaKatz
09-01-2009, 05:57 PM
WND is a pretty suspicious website, which I'm pretty sure is controlled by Neo-Cons. If they wanted to show the worst stuff about Van Jones, they should've hammered him on the Communist thing. Rather than trying to push a radical Neo-Con agenda by saying anyone who opposes war is an extremist.

The man who started WND is a Lebanese Christian, Joseph Farah. He allows all sorts of POV's on his site.

Liberty Star
09-01-2009, 06:10 PM
I thought WND was some Israeli website, I guess I was wrong. They used to have lot of war themes and distorted biblical prohecies about finding gold or oil in holy land in early days of Iraqi freedom bloodshed.

Flash
09-01-2009, 06:12 PM
The man who started WND is a Lebanese Christian, Joseph Farah. He allows all sorts of POV's on his site.

No, he's a fool. Anyone who posts that many Orly Taitz articles (who is obviously disinfo) is suspicious. And don't forget it was only 2 weeks ago where WND posted a video of an admitted scammer who was claiming he found Obama's birth certificate.

BlackTerrel
09-01-2009, 07:44 PM

This is all true. Yet most of those POV's are nutty conspiracy nonsense.

FrankRep
09-01-2009, 11:27 PM
YouTube - Glenn Beck Clips 09-01-09 Seg1- How Thick is the White House File On Glenn Beck? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEsHhuLTO08)

ElyaKatz
09-02-2009, 02:16 AM
This is all true. Yet most of those POV's are nutty conspiracy nonsense.
I'm not claiming WND as my favorite news source. They seem to get on a kick, like a dog with a bone, and it gets boring. For awhile it was teachers molesting students, I stayed away for a long time, now it's the birth certificate issue with Obama.

Predictably enough, I like Aaron Klein...

I'm so cynical about everything these days, most of it seems like unimportant entertainment to me. Even Glenn Beck. It's like they're play-acting, pretending to care -- when really -- they're just acting upset about what's coming up, but they're not. They're just "informing" us in that play-acting way. It's like "mass media informed consent" as our whole American way of life is flushed down the water efficient toilet.

Alex Jones, I always knew something was up with that guy. Genesis Communications Media is an ABC/Disney affiliate. Just like Congress...they're (almost) all in bed together. Just have to trust the Boss and hang on to Him, do the best we each can with the resources He has made available to each of us, because the world has gone insane. And don't do anything stupid because they're playing us.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2009, 03:56 AM
I'm so cynical about everything these days, most of it seems like unimportant entertainment to me. Even Glenn Beck. It's like they're play-acting, pretending to care -- when really -- they're just acting upset about what's coming up, but they're not. They're just "informing" us in that play-acting way. It's like "mass media informed consent" as our whole American way of life is flushed down the water efficient toilet.

I tend to agree with you on this. :(

Liberty Star
09-02-2009, 08:26 AM
If this communist-neocon infighting took its toll and fox eventually let Glenn go, do we have any good Libertarian media pundits who can fill this void?

We have to create alternative media free of corporate and commy-neocon influence. Why no idependent channels.

ElyaKatz
09-02-2009, 03:37 PM
If this communist-neocon infighting took its toll and fox eventually let Glenn go, do we have any good Libertarian media pundits who can fill this void?

We have to create alternative media free of corporate and commy-neocon influence. Why no idependent channels.

$$$. Even when one starts up, it gets bought out by TPTB.

Flash
09-02-2009, 03:38 PM

May be one day when Internet TV & Radio begins taking off. Probably as Wi-Fi is spread to more areas.

ElyaKatz
09-02-2009, 03:47 PM
May be one day when Internet TV & Radio begins taking off. Probably as Wi-Fi is spread to more areas.
I just heard a news report that covered a very disturbing bill in congress which would give the White House control over private computers connected to the net. Trained security agents in the various ISP's all sorts of goodies. I haven't seen the bill myself yet.

Sooo....not sure the net will always be what it is.

ScoutsHonor
09-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm so cynical about everything these days, most of it seems like unimportant entertainment to me. Even Glenn Beck. It's like they're play-acting, pretending to care -- when really -- they're just acting upset about what's coming up, but they're not. They're just "informing" us in that play-acting way. It's like "mass media informed consent" as our whole American way of life is flushed down the water efficient toilet.I think that never has a saying been closer to the truth re today than Shakespeares's saying that "All the world's a stage..." :(:cool:... .a world full of deception, contrivances and lies.

Alex Jones, I always knew something was up with that guy. Genesis Communications Media is an ABC/Disney affiliate. Just like Congress...they're (almost) all in bed together. Just have to trust the Boss and hang on to Him, do the best we each can with the resources He has made available to each of us, because the world has gone insane. And don't do anything stupid because they're playing us.And Amen to that too. :mad:

HOLLYWOOD
09-03-2009, 10:04 AM
White House Green Jobs Adviser Apologizes for Calling Republicans 'Assholes'
Van Jones, the Obama administration's "green jobs" adviser, is seen in a video from earlier in the year calling out Republicans for stonewalling Democratic legislation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/02/white-house-green-jobs-adviser-republicans-assholes/?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r2:c0.112573:b27517150:z0c ommentscomments

InterestedParticipant
09-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Oh, the dialectics these operatives all we've. Anything to get us fighting with each other.

catdd
09-03-2009, 01:24 PM
As far as Beck goes -

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." But that is subject to change accordingly.

FrankRep
09-03-2009, 01:29 PM
As far as Beck goes -

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." But that is subject to change accordingly.

"The enemy of my enemy is my pawn." - FrankRep

:)