PDA

View Full Version : He's Baaack......

Imperial
08-24-2009, 08:18 PM
In case nobody mentioned this earlier

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/business/25bernanke.html?_r=2&hp

A top White House official said Mr. Obama had decided to keep Mr. Bernanke at the helm of the Fed because he had been bold and brilliant in his attempts to combat the financial crisis and the deep recession.

“The president thinks that Ben’s done a great job as Fed chairman, that he has helped the economy through one of the worst experiences since the Great Depression and that he has essentially been pulling the economy back from the brink of what would have been the second Great Depression,” the White House chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, said Monday night.

O yeah, something about Bernanke

A quiet and often unprepossessing person, Mr. Bernanke was a leading scholar of the Depression who had broken important ground on the links between financial crises and the real economy. In his work on what he called the “financial accelerator,” Mr. Bernanke argued that a run on banks or other disruptions in financial markets could turn a relatively mild downturn into a severe one.

Bruno
08-24-2009, 08:24 PM
When I read the title, I thought you were talking about George. :)

SL89
08-24-2009, 08:40 PM
so did I! :D.

But, no surprise. Another "brilliant" economist showing his expertise and getting restated......:rolleyes:

P.S. The man has done nothing. No miracles to be found here!

kahless
08-24-2009, 08:47 PM
I have been keeping the TV off since it is so frustrating to hear the MSM keep saying what a hereo Bernanke is.

raiha
08-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Show us your books Ben. Then we will see what a genius you reeeaally are!

ctiger2
08-24-2009, 09:00 PM
I thought you were referring to this guy...

YouTube - I'M BACK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWu-efNN8PM)

t0rnado
08-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Iraq still occupied - Check
Troops in Afghanistan - Check
Patriot Act untouched - Check
Same Federal Reserve Chairman - Check

Where's your change now?

james1906
08-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Iraq still occupied - Check
Troops in Afghanistan - Check
Patriot Act untouched - Check
Same Federal Reserve Chairman - Check

Where's your change now?

It's being dug out of the ashtray so I can buy gas. I thought Obama was going to give us free gas.

YouTube - Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI)

Imperial
08-24-2009, 10:28 PM
It doesn't take economic genius to lower interest rates to zero and hand out money to failing businesses. Its just floating a sinking ship...

No, anybody can throw money at a dying beast.

StayTrue
08-25-2009, 07:51 AM
Why would Bernanke even want another term? If I were him I'd try to get as far away as possible and blame everything on the new Chairmen when sh!t starts getting even more outta control.

Also can a Mod change this thread title so more people read it. Like He's Back...Obama gives Bernanke another term

I would think more people would have commented on this thread by now