PDA

View Full Version : How do presidents normally prove their qualifications?

RCA
08-24-2009, 04:42 PM
And why isn't it public record visible to all?

lynnf
08-24-2009, 06:28 PM
And why isn't it public record visible to all?

apparently, all that is required by most of the secretaries of state for the 50 states is
for the candidate to sign a statement swearing that they are eligible for the office that they are seeking. in some instances in the past, some that were too young for the office were challenged by the SoS in the respective state and were denied ballot access. the Sos's didn't do their jobs in the case of Obama.

lynn

JVParkour
08-24-2009, 08:03 PM
They don't. When Obama was running, I called the White House as well as tons of other governmental departments all the while asking who I could speak to about that issue. I finally talked to a guy who admitted to me that it was "trust". They (being the feds) do absolutely no checks on the requirements, because they are assuming that the parties (RNC and DNC) have checked beforehand... So yea... At least thats what the guy from the government told me... :D

catdd
08-24-2009, 08:09 PM
They should all have to pass a series of psychological exams.

Nate SY
08-24-2009, 08:16 PM
They should all have to pass a series of psychological exams.

I disagree, I find it doubtful Ron Paul, or anyone we would support would be allowed to run. Not because they're crazy, but because they would be made out to be, and it would be a simple excuse to deny a candidate.

catdd
08-24-2009, 08:20 PM
On the flip side of that by not testing we are allowing compulsive liars and potential mass murderers loose with the reins.

jkr
08-24-2009, 08:41 PM
cauz i sayz so beeyatch

jkr
08-24-2009, 08:42 PM
then we have a piss test and a mind test

i want to be the guy that controls what the results "mean", comrades.

RideTheDirt
08-24-2009, 11:13 PM
they consult the chart
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/222638