PDA

View Full Version : Food Drive on Halloween eve - need some ideas

Sematary
09-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Ozwest brought to my attention the food drive thread and I thought it was a great idea. I immediately put a thread on the global ron paul meetup forums about it and then contacted the one of the Boston meetup organizers about doing something. We're going to hit Newton, Ma on Halloween ave and we're going to try and get an ad in the local paper prior to going out and also get some signs up in the area. I've never organized a food drive though, so I could use some ideas on how to go about it as well as how to integrate the campaign into our efforts.

I also call on all of you to take the first step and get this idea to your meetups and do something similar.

micahnelson
09-28-2007, 09:12 AM
We contact local papers and radio. Put up signs in grocery stores. Tell people that on halloween night when trick or treaters are coming around, we will be coming around (dressed in patriotic costumes... please?) to collect food for a local food bank. Even if people didn't hear about it- most people have some canned goods laying around. We give them some candy in exchange for a nonperishable food item- and of course they get a Ron Paul slim jim.

How does that sound?

micahnelson
09-28-2007, 09:21 AM
I think this could go over pretty well...

Package with the idea that private groups an initiatives can feed the poor without all the overhead and bloat of the government.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 10:02 AM
I think this could go over pretty well...

Package with the idea that private groups an initiatives can feed the poor without all the overhead and bloat of the government.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how to integrate it with Ron Paul - as volunteers. Like, what's the best way to word it. I guess what I need, are some ad ideas.

Cindy
09-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Say it's a supporter initiatve of the Ron Paul good will campaign.

Paul really cares about Americans and so do we.

We are tired of dirty smear campaigning and want to make the PresidentiaL elections a postive experience for ourselves, by setting such examples of what can be done on the campaign trail.

We want to set an example for how volunteer charity works, and how there isn't a need to create an over bloated government departments to forcefully tax it out of us.

Use stuff like that.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Say it's a supporter initiatve of the Ron Paul good will campaign.

Paul really cares about Americans and so do we.

We are tired of dirty smear campaigning and want to make the PresidentiaL elections a postive experience for ourselves, by setting such examples of what can be done on the campaign trail.

We want to set an example for how volunteer charity works, and how there isn't a need to create an over bloated government departments to forcefully tax it out of us.

Use stuff like that.

Sounds good.