PDA

View Full Version : Great liveblog of Pbs forum from a Dem writers view

Dave Wood
09-28-2007, 08:03 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rachel-sklar/liveblog-gop-black-voter_b_66234.html

This is a very interesting live blog of the pbs debate. Look at the things she says about RP from a democrats standpoint. Very telling in my opinion, there is something in Ron Paul for everyone but above all he would be that he is the granite that you could latch yourself to in the coming Hurricane, principled.

"In my view, the best thing to come out of this debate was Cornel West's quote: "You can't lead the people if you don't love the people, and you can't save the people if you can't serve the people." This brings me back most forcefully to Keyes: Got absolutely zero sense of loving the people or wanting to serve them — it seemed all about the glory and the sound of his own voice. Honestly, the guy who seems to embody it the most is Ron Paul: Guided so clearly by bedrock principles through which all issues are refracted. Either way, as these debates go on — on both sides — it's a quote worth coming back to again and again."

MsDoodahs
09-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Thanks for this, Dave.

:)

LibertyEagle
09-28-2007, 08:15 AM
That was interesting. Thanks.