PDA

View Full Version : Paul supporters organize food drive

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 07:57 AM
http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070928/OPINION/709280321/1029/OPINION03

ross11988
09-28-2007, 08:00 AM
wow great idea.

Ozwest
09-28-2007, 08:14 AM
This is fantastic! It helps the Community and generates publicity for Ron Paul. It illustrates Ron Pauls committment to charity at a local level... These sorts of initiatives should be taken up by Meetup groups everywhere. It may encourage less active members to participate, as everyone enjoys helping their neighbors. Positive at so many levels!

G-khan
09-28-2007, 08:16 AM
This is great and will get new supporters and maybe some news coverage,,

BIG_J
09-28-2007, 08:24 AM
If you are wondering how this will "turn-out" check out this link! We previously, "Spammed Spartanburg" with food at one of Ron Paul's Rallys!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=7897

It's a great idea and turned out lots of food for the needy; and lots of press for RP, and lots of THANKS from the community!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 08:32 AM
why not do this in EVERY state, without ron paul? knock on every door in every state... make it a weekend thing.. knock on doors every weekend

mavtek
09-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Yes this is a great idea, I was trying to spur something like this with my good deed for Dr. Paul thread.

BLS
09-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Razmear I believe came up with the SPAM Spartanburg Project and I donated to that cause. Turned out very successful!!

This is great and an awesome way to show people that RP supporters aren't kooks!!

michaelwise
09-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Spam America Food Drive sounds like a good idea. With so many Americans losing their homes to foreclosure now, it is immoral to to look th other way, and let them survive on Top Ramen Noodles and peanut butter. I read that many of the food bank pantries are practically empty, due to the loss of jobs and the loss of homes. I'm sure that anything we can do would be greatly appreciated.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 10:05 AM
So how do I integrate the Ron Paul message with the food drive effectively and unobtrusively?

Cindy
09-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Semetary,

Just say that Pauls supporters are a running a Goodwill campaign for Ron Paul.

I'm glad to see this idea picking up steam again. It's the BEST defence against negative attacks on Paul Supporters, and can help attract more supporters.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Semetary,

Just say that Pauls supporters are a running a Goodwill campaign for Ron Paul.

I'm glad to see this idea picking up steam again. It's the BEST defence against negative attacks on Paul Supporters, and can help attract more supporters.

I was just posting on the Columbus meetup groups messageboard and the idea of a "national" food drive came up. I wonder if we could get a concerted effort by groups in all 50 states to do a food drive on the same date? THAT would be newsworthy!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 10:22 AM
I was just posting on the Columbus meetup groups messageboard and the idea of a "national" food drive came up. I wonder if we could get a concerted effort by groups in all 50 states to do a food drive on the same date? THAT would be newsworthy!

nah.. let's knock on doors :) It's not the time to be competing with The Salvation Army lol

Edward
11-15-2007, 02:46 PM
I was just posting on the Columbus meetup groups messageboard and the idea of a "national" food drive came up. I wonder if we could get a concerted effort by groups in all 50 states to do a food drive on the same date? THAT would be newsworthy!Please keep this idea alive... spread the word regarding the Ron Paul Thanksgiving nationwide food drive: www.ronpaulthanksgiving.com