PDA

View Full Version : Question pertaining to Police

Revolution0918
08-23-2009, 07:56 PM
So i walk out of a restuarant where i got a ticket about a month ago, and there are two cars parked in the NO PARKING ANYTIME zone, exactly where i got my ticket last month....and it turns out they are both cops cars, their personal use cars, who by the way did not like me taking pictures of there civilian cars. After walking away they stopped me and took a picture of me and started to ask me questions, where i lived, job and such. They informed me that the law gives them the right to park there car anywhere they want. Is this true? even for their private cars?

Dr.3D
08-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Unless there is some local ordinance allowing them to do so, they were lying to you.

PaulaGem
08-23-2009, 08:03 PM
So i walk out of a restuarant where i got a ticket about a month ago, and there are two cars parked in the NO PARKING ANYTIME zone, exactly where i got my ticket last month....and it turns out they are both cops cars, their personal use cars, who by the way did not like me taking pictures of there civilian cars. After walking away they stopped me and took a picture of me and started to ask me questions, where i lived, job and such. They informed me that the law gives them the right to park there car anywhere they want. Is this true? even for their private cars?

Actually, you should have gone to the local court and said you wanted to make a "citizen's arrest". Provide the photos and a personal affidavit of what you saw. One, or two more people would be great. If they do it all the time get yer buds to take multiple photos, time stamped, and submit about 20 affidavits.

The court has an obligation to take action.

If they don't, you know you have a crooked court. Take it to the state, then take it to the feds. You have a right to equal protection under the law and you can sue the city for breach of that constitutional right. When they lied to you they also created a basis for a "color of law" civil rights action.

Bodhi
08-23-2009, 08:05 PM

The law, as far as I am aware, does not give the right for Cops to park their personal cars where ever they choose. I would be so mad if I was in your shoes.

Revolution0918
08-23-2009, 08:05 PM
thats what i figured.....it turned out the cars that were parked there when i got my ticket were also cop cars....so they do it all the time

Dr.3D
08-23-2009, 08:06 PM
thats what i figured.....it turned out the cars that were parked there when i got my ticket were also cop cars....so they do it all the time
Probably pissed you were parking in their 'private' parking spots.

PaulaGem
08-23-2009, 08:08 PM
The law, as far as I am aware, does not give the right for Cops to park their personal cars where ever they choose. I would be so mad if I was in your shoes.

What's the old saying - don't get mad - GET EVEN.

Cops who believe they are above the law support legislators who believe the law doesn't include them.

Legislators who believe the law doesn't include them enable an executive branch that believes they can say things like "It's just a goddamned piece of paper" when referring to the Constitution.