PDA

View Full Version : USA Today on Morgan State debate

Bradley in DC
09-28-2007, 07:42 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-09-27-GOP-debate_N.htm?csp=34

Front-runners are no shows at GOP debate

Republican presidential hopeful former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee speaks as he stands next to an empty podium which was prepared for former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani during the debate Thursday night in Baltimore.

BALTIMORE (AP) — Republican presidential candidates discussed the importance of reaching out to people of color during a minority issues debate Thursday night and criticized the leading four GOP contenders for skipping it.
"I think this is a disgrace that they are not here," said Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback. "I think it's a disgrace to our country. I think it's bad for our party, and I don't think it's good for our future." . . .

Besides Brownback and Huckabee, the other candidates who participated in the debate were: Reps. Duncan Hunter of California, Ron Paul of Texas and Tom Tancredo of Colorado, and conservative activist Alan L. Keyes.

The forum, which had black and Hispanic journalists questioning the candidates, was broadcast live on PBS.

The candidates answered questions ranging from what they would do to help minorities, their views on illegal immigration, the war in Iraq, minority unemployment rates and their position on capital punishment.

Huckabee said he would want his legacy in helping minorities to be more equal treatment for them in the criminal justice system. Brownback said he would continue to push for the National Museum of African-American History and Culture in Washington. Keyes spoke of bringing more religious values into schools.

Paul received loud applause when he told the audience that minorities are unfairly punished in the criminal justice system. He also called for ending the war on drugs. "It isn't working," Paul said.

PollM
09-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Make your voice count, shame on them. Always ask yourself who owns the Lobby system, and where more emphasis needs to be put going forward to get your rights.

Who do you think won the All American Presidential forum debate at Baltimore's Morgan State University? ----> http://www.youpolls.com/details.asp?pid=604

Way to go Ron, you're winning in the Poll