PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul predicted economic collapse in presidential debates!

qwerty
08-23-2009, 09:38 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul predicted economic collapse in presidential debates! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYJtUbUi0mk)

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/9dboq/ron_paul_predicted_economic_collapse_in/
http://digg.com/people/Ron_Paul_predicted_economic_collapse_in_presidenti al_debates

sedele
08-23-2009, 11:33 AM
no shit

JK/SEA
08-23-2009, 12:25 PM
anyone have a device to turn back the clock?

no?...oh well...sigh...

misterx
08-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Let's see the footage of him being contradicted and laughed at by thompson, giuliani, and mccain.

Epic
08-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Love that video.

muzzled dogg
08-23-2009, 06:31 PM
ya, remember, we were there dude

Vessol
08-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Ron Paul was right, but no one listened to him. Ron Paul was sad :(.

http://www.wildleaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/sad_ron_paul.jpg

:(

Dr.3D
08-23-2009, 06:50 PM

This is because Ron Paul is not like the others.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/DrThreeDee/NotLikeTheOthers.jpg

james1906
08-23-2009, 06:56 PM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/DrThreeDee/NotLikeTheOthers.jpg

RP looks like he's about to faint from the smell of douchiness.

Vessol
08-23-2009, 06:57 PM

You have to admit that he looks like the odd kid who no one wants to hang out with after class in that picture. But, that's why we love him.

Original_Intent
08-23-2009, 07:02 PM
It may seem like there are better things to do with our money, such as support Rand and Schiff, but I would really like to do a mini money bomb and get a RonPaul statue erected in his home district.

He has done so much for us and fought the good fight and been treated like crap by people that literally are not worthy to shake his hand...:(

KramerDSP
08-23-2009, 07:04 PM
I saw this video of Ron Paul giving a speech to the House on April 24, 2002. Unreal. You have to see this (again, as most of you have probably seen this at least once) and spread this around.

YouTube - Ron Paul's 2002 Predictions Come True (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvlUx5ECD2w&feature=related)

http://www.c-spanarchives.org/congress/?q=node/77531&id=8167467

Mr. PAUL. Mr. Speaker, our government intervention in the economy and in the private affairs of citizens and the internal affairs of foreign countries leads to uncertainty and many unintended consequences. Here are some of the consequences about which we should be concerned.

I predict U.S. taxpayers will pay to rebuild Palestine, both the West Bank and the Gaza, as well as Afghanistan. U.S. taxpayers paid to bomb these areas, so we will be expected to rebuild them.

Peace, of sorts, will come to the Middle East, but will be short-lived. There will be big promises of more U.S. money and weapons flowing to Israel and to Arab countries allied with the United States.

U.S. troops and others will be used to monitor the ``peace.''

In time, an oil boycott will be imposed, with oil prices soaring to historic highs.

Current Israeli-United States policies will solidify Arab Muslim nations in [Page: H1604]
their efforts to avenge the humiliation of the Palestinians. That will include those Muslim nations that in the past have fought against each other.

Some of our moderate Arab allies will be overthrown by Islamic fundamentalists.

The U.N. will continue to condemn, through resolutions, Israeli-U.S. policies in the Middle East, and they will be ignored.

Some European countries will clandestinely support the Muslim countries and their anti-Israel pursuits.

China, ironically assisted by American aid, much more openly will sell to militant Muslims the weapons they want, and will align herself with the Arab nations.

The United States, with Tony Blair as head cheerleader, will attack Iraq without proper authority, and a major war, the largest since World War II, will result.

Major moves will be made by China, India, Russia, and Pakistan in Central Asia to take advantage of the chaos for the purpose of grabbing land, resources, and strategic advantages sought after for years.

The Karzai government will fail, and U.S. military presence will end in Afghanistan.

An international dollar crisis will dramatically boost interest rates in the United States.

Price inflation, with a major economic downturn, will decimate U.S. Federal Government finances, with exploding deficits and uncontrolled spending.

Federal Reserve policy will continue at an expanding rate, with massive credit expansion, which will make the dollar crisis worse. Gold will be seen as an alternative to paper money as it returns to its historic role as money.

Erosion of civil liberties here at home will continue as our government responds to political fear in dealing with the terrorist threat by making generous use of the powers obtained with the Patriot Act.

The draft will be reinstated, causing domestic turmoil and resentment.

Many American military personnel and civilians will be killed in the coming conflict.

The leaders of whichever side loses the war will be hauled into and tried before the International Criminal Court for war crimes. The United States will not officially lose the war, but neither will we win. Our military and political leaders will not be tried by the International Criminal Court.

The Congress and the President will shift radically toward expanding the size and scope of the Federal Government. This will satisfy both the liberals and the conservatives.

Military and police powers will grow, satisfying the conservatives. The welfare state, both domestic and international, will expand, satisfying the liberals. Both sides will endorse military adventurism overseas.

This is the most important of my predictions: Policy changes could prevent all of the previous predictions from occurring. Unfortunately, that will not occur. In due course, the Constitution will continue to be steadily undermined and the American Republic further weakened.

During the next decade, the American people will become poorer and less free, while they become more dependent on the government for economic security.

The war will prove to be divisive, with emotions and hatred growing between the various factions and special interests that drive our policies in the Middle East.

Agitation from more class warfare will succeed in dividing us domestically, and believe it or not, I expect lobbyists will thrive more than ever during the dangerous period of chaos.

I have no timetable for these predictions, but just in case, keep them around and look at them in 5 to 10 years. Let us hope and pray that I am wrong on all accounts. If so, I will be very pleased.
END

satchelmcqueen
08-23-2009, 08:49 PM

this pic makes me almost cry. speaks volumes, but i think he knows by now he is not alone. if he could only see how many are looking from the other side of that pic.

satchelmcqueen
08-23-2009, 08:51 PM
RP looks like he's about to faint from the smell of douchiness.
"bunch of fuckers!" is what i yelled when this aired. they treated him so bad.

satchelmcqueen
08-23-2009, 08:53 PM
It may seem like there are better things to do with our money, such as support Rand and Schiff, but I would really like to do a mini money bomb and get a RonPaul statue erected in his home district.

He has done so much for us and fought the good fight and been treated like crap by people that literally are not worthy to shake his hand...:(

that is an excellent ideal. get it going and i promise im in for a donation IF we can trust it will be done. it must be a very good statue too.:)

tekkierich
08-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Many of us were that kid also!

You have to admit that he looks like the odd kid who no one wants to hang out with after class in that picture. But, that's why we love him.

Original_Intent
08-23-2009, 09:17 PM
that is an excellent ideal. get it going and i promise im in for a donation IF we can trust it will be done. it must be a very good statue too.:)

There was actually a big thread about doing this some time ago. I am a terrible person at getting something like this going. I would definitely be happy to do some research into the cost involved I would love to have an unveiling at his b-day party/BBQ next year. :)

A good way to make sure that it was done would be to get Rand or another Paul family member to gather the funds, we wouldn't need to worry about any shenanigans that way. Or we could get the Granny Warriors to....nm, not even going to go there....

Anyone got Carol's personal contact info? ;)

ShowMeLiberty
08-23-2009, 09:48 PM

Yeah, we do. He's the only honest, principled politician I've ever heard of in my entire life.

I agree - it's a great idea. Or maybe if not a statue of Ron Paul, maybe a statue of the Constitution. No, wait! That great poster of Ron's face made up of all our photos with the Constitution in the background. Wonder how that would look in stone...

misterx
08-23-2009, 10:42 PM

That's why he should be running things. Because he's that kid, and not the one drinking behind the bleachers.

qwerty
08-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Bump! :)

Original_Intent
08-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Yeah, we do. He's the only honest, principled politician I've ever heard of in my entire life.

I agree - it's a great idea. Or maybe if not a statue of Ron Paul, maybe a statue of the Constitution. No, wait! That great poster of Ron's face made up of all our photos with the Constitution in the background. Wonder how that would look in stone...

I was thinking the plaque on the statue should read "No Tax Dollars were spent on this monument". :D

Harris4LarouchePAC
08-24-2009, 10:55 AM
So what is your point? Lyndon Larouche has been warning of it since 1968. With the total destuctrion of the Bretton Woods system, which was changed by Truman after FDR died. Bretton Woods was the closest thing to an American Credit System since the days of Alexander Hamilton.

Article one section eight.

CREDIT CREDIT CREDIT CREDIT SYSTEM.

you can say "oh lets have a sound currency! lets have a gold standard!"

You essentially change nothing. You are still a monetarist wishing upon yourselves the imperial looting of monetarism.

You are better off trading flutes or guitars if you want a "sound" currency.

qwerty
08-24-2009, 07:07 PM

Liberty Star
08-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Words of insight and wisdom, man ahead of his time and sadly most didn't listen then.

hotbrownsauce
08-24-2009, 07:21 PM
YouTube - Give Peace A Chance - John Lennon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-NRriHlLUk)

This video makes me want to obstruct traffic and practice civil disobedience.

qwerty
08-27-2009, 06:50 AM
YouTube - Give Peace A Chance - John Lennon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-NRriHlLUk)

This video makes me want to obstruct traffic and practice civil disobedience.

:D

qwerty
08-27-2009, 06:39 PM