PDA

View Full Version : Moneybomb for Joseph McArtor

Harris4LarouchePAC
08-23-2009, 01:49 AM
Many of you may know him as Joe, particularly if you participate in the chatroom or conversations held in Ventrilo. Joe is running for Congress in the 1st Congressional Disctrict in Maryland. Joe is a true patriot and lacks not a single ounce of integrity required to defend your liberty.

I think Joe needs us to organize a moneybomb for his campaign. I have seen what this movement has done and can do for other liberty candidates. Nothing seperates Joe from the others than perhaps a string of letters called a "name." I would suggest about 60 days at the latest from now for the moneybomb date.

This movement needs Joe's help and he needs our help as well. I would suggest we organize for a date that will be later determined. I would also suggest that we at some point in the near future we set up a sub forum to follow Joe's campaign events.

Links:

http://www.mcartorforcongress.com/

http://www.facebook.com/people/Joe-McArtor/844778608

http://www.myspace.com/joemcartorforcongress

"The summer soldier and sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he(and she) that stand by it now deserves the love and thanks of man and woman"-Thomas Paine.

My friends and fellow liberty lovers, Joe is no summer soldier or sunshine patriot. He will represent the liberty of Americans no matter the odds and conditions.

MONEYBOMB JOE ON THE 19th OF OCTOBER!!!

Kludge
08-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Bump. Joe's honest and wildly passionate about liberty. He's well-read, very coherent, and nearing completion in obtaining his Ph D. in American history. If I were to endorse any one person running for political office, it would be Joe.

PreDeadMan
08-23-2009, 02:18 AM
I will pledge if we have a money bomb for him! give me the date i just like.... donated a lot to rand paul need some time to recover lol but willing to donate!...

Epic
08-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Roll Call race analysis:

"In a stunning result, Kratovil won a long-held Republican seat by the barest of margins. Republican discord was a major reason why. Kratovil’s opponent, conservative state Sen. Andy Harris, won the GOP nomination by ousting moderate Rep. Wayne Gilchrest in a February primary. Gilchrest and many of his top operatives decided to endorse Kratovil rather than the Republican. Harris was also hurt because he was not from the Eastern Shore, which is where the majority of the district’s voters reside. Several Republicans are eyeing the race in 2010, and Harris, to the dismay of some national GOP leaders, has already said he plans to run. But the GOP isn’t likely to be as fractured as it was last time, and that makes Kratovil one of the most endangered Democratic incumbents of the cycle. Other possible GOP contenders include state wealthy Sen. E.J. Pipkin, who finished third in the 1st district GOP primary in 2008, state Dels. Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio, Steven Schuh and Mike Smigiel, and former Del. Al Redmer."

Maybe this could work out if there are like 5 or 6 candidates, and he can squeak by with like 30% due to a lot of volunteers...

dr. hfn
08-23-2009, 02:59 AM
I'll do you one better! I say we hold a Moneybomb to fund RJ, Joe, Kokesh, Germond, and Vasovski!

MRoCkEd
08-23-2009, 04:51 AM
I'll do you one better! I say we hold a Moneybomb to fund RJ, Joe, Kokesh, Germond, and Vasovski!
Splitting our limited resources FTL!

dr. hfn
08-23-2009, 06:47 AM
Splitting our limited resources FTL!

I know what you mean and there is a solution. The donor base that has been donating for these moneybombs can only give so much money. The solution is obvious, expand the donor base. I think we can do this by utilizing Ron's Myspace and Facebook and other famous figure's profiles. We can also contact people by looking up in FEC records who donated to Ron. That's my plan.

malkusm
08-23-2009, 07:12 AM
This seat is winnable!

Go Joe Go!

Democratic --------Frank Kratovil 177,065 49.1
Republican --------Andrew P. Harris 174,213 48.3
Libertarian ---------Richard J. Davis 8,873 2.5

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f0/United_States_House_of_Representatives%2C_Maryland _District_1_map.png

Yep, this seat is very winnable. Like someone else said, there are a lot of GOP candidates because the Dem is so vulnerable, and it's a moderate/conservative district that the GOP primary winner will almost surely take in the general election (Kratovil hasn't been all that popular). With some resources and hard work, Joe can definitely be in the race to win it, and I know he's going to take care of the "work" part. He's been working hard on the mid-Shore CFL group that had its first meeting last month, gave a speech there, and also gave a speech at the recent 10th Amendment rally at the capital (Annapolis). He's working on speaking at several other events as well.

YouTube - Joseph McArtor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q2Gp_fsCR8)

You can count me in for $100 whenever we schedule the date.

malkusm
08-23-2009, 07:16 AM
Also, Ron Paul endorsed Gilchrest (the GOP incumbent) who, while he wasn't perfect, was way better and less neo-connish than the nominee last year (Harris). Gilchrest had held the district for the last 20 years or so...actually, look at his margin of victory from 2000-2006:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland's_1st_congressional_district

malkusm
08-23-2009, 07:32 AM
P.S. You think the GOP wishes they had those ~9,000 Libertarian votes?

Democratic Frank Kratovil 177,065 49.1%
Republican Andrew P. Harris 174,213 48.3%
Libertarian Richard J. Davis 8,873 2.5%
Majority 2,852 0.8%

MsDoodahs
08-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Absolutely agree with a moneybomb for Joe!

:)

CaseyJones
08-23-2009, 09:30 AM
WooHoo Go Joe!!!

LibertyEagle
08-23-2009, 09:33 AM
I definitely support a moneybomb for Joe. I can't think of a better liberty candidate than he.

CaseyJones
08-23-2009, 10:42 AM
bump

MsDoodahs
08-23-2009, 12:46 PM
bump...

:)

ClayTrainor
08-23-2009, 12:48 PM
I will do whatever i possibly can to help promote Joe's campaign and money bomb.

I have a question... If Joe does end up winning, would it still be wise for him to be an active member here?

CaseyJones
08-23-2009, 12:54 PM
http://mcbridegallery.com/showopenings/libertytreehistory.html

On October 19, 1774, patriots met to consider how to respond to the arrival in Annapolis harbor of a ship named Peggy Stewart, owned by a partnership that included merchants Anthony Stewart and James Dick. The ship carried 2,320 pounds of boycotted tea intended for T. C. Williams & Co. Stewart, Dick, and the Williamses all had histories of challenging boycott agreements, so many patriots were in no mood to let them off easily for this latest transgression.

Moderates thought the tea should be destroyed, as had been done at the Boston Tea Party ten months earlier, but radicals threatened Anthony Stewart with tarring and feathering and risk of further harm to himself, his family, and his Hanover Street house unless he destroyed the entire ship. In fear for their personal safety, Stewart and two of the Williamses ran the Peggy Stewart aground and set it on fire. Patriots cheered from shore as the ship burned down to the waterline and sank.

How about october 19th?

malkusm
08-23-2009, 01:28 PM
http://mcbridegallery.com/showopenings/libertytreehistory.html

On October 19, 1774, patriots met to consider how to respond to the arrival in Annapolis harbor of a ship named Peggy Stewart, owned by a partnership that included merchants Anthony Stewart and James Dick. The ship carried 2,320 pounds of boycotted tea intended for T. C. Williams & Co. Stewart, Dick, and the Williamses all had histories of challenging boycott agreements, so many patriots were in no mood to let them off easily for this latest transgression.

Moderates thought the tea should be destroyed, as had been done at the Boston Tea Party ten months earlier, but radicals threatened Anthony Stewart with tarring and feathering and risk of further harm to himself, his family, and his Hanover Street house unless he destroyed the entire ship. In fear for their personal safety, Stewart and two of the Williamses ran the Peggy Stewart aground and set it on fire. Patriots cheered from shore as the ship burned down to the waterline and sank.

How about october 19th?

Sweet, sounds like a good day to me, far off enough to organize it a bit, and for people to "reload" from the recent Schiff/Rand bombs...

Harris4LarouchePAC
08-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Bump.

ingrid
08-24-2009, 06:46 PM
P.S. You think the GOP wishes they had those ~9,000 Libertarian votes?

Democratic Frank Kratovil 177,065 49.1%
Republican Andrew P. Harris 174,213 48.3%
Libertarian Richard J. Davis 8,873 2.5%
Majority 2,852 0.8%

Davis is running again btw. Anyway, those votes wouldn't have mattered if Harris didn't mess up, because all the counties that Kratovil won, also went for McCain. It was Republicans who voted Democrat that cost him

Michigan11
08-25-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm in for this money bomb!

Let's pick a date and then get this rollin...:cool: