PDA

View Full Version : Moneybomb Next...

dr. hfn
08-22-2009, 11:51 PM
1. November 5th Moneybomb for multiple candidates.

2. Rand and Schiff get the majority of the money.

3. Kokesh gets the next highest amount of money.

4. Candidates like RJ Harris, Dr. Mike Vasovski, Joe McArtor, Jaynee Germond, Jake Towne, etc get the least amount.

If we bring in millions (which we can do if we promote this correctly) this will be great for all the candidates.

Epic
08-23-2009, 12:02 AM

4. Candidates like RJ Harris, Dr. Mike Vasovski, Joe McArtor, Jaynee Germond, Jake Towne, etc get the least amount.

If we bring in millions (which we can do if we promote this correctly) this will be great for all the candidates.

uhhh don't the people donating just donate to who they want to?

evilfunnystuff
08-23-2009, 12:03 AM
i like the idea and it is how my total donations for 2010 candidates will likely be spead but not sure how it would actualy work for a single day moneybomb

would there be sepearte pledge counters for each candidate or would it be somethin like 25 for schiff 25 for rand 20to kokesh and 30 split between the others as we choose

just curious as i probly wont be pledging anyways as i probly wont be able to donate as much as asked for but will donate and spread the word if it seems like it will appeal to donors

dr. hfn
08-23-2009, 03:02 AM
What I figure is this, Rand and Schiff will need alot more money in their races than the other liberty candidates. I don't really know how it would work, I'm just putting ideas out there so we can figure out what we're doing ASAP.

itshappening
08-23-2009, 05:49 AM
No, November 5th will be for Rand Paul

we need to be focused on getting him funded

Schiff and Kokesh can choose dates in Sept and October

I think Schiff should have one on the 30th of Sept (end of quarter)

Jeremy
08-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Multicandidate moneybombs aren't going to work.

my 2¢

=p

disorderlyvision
08-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Don't forget to add Sheriff Mack to that list

scandinaviany3
08-23-2009, 09:04 AM

Remember always target where you can inflict the most pain and get the most media attention...

Definitely Rand and Peter meet that criteria...look for others. Dont under estimate the rise of the peoples frustrations over this next year. Position people to ride that wave. Also remember there is a year from now to election so everyone doesnt have to panic about maxing things out...target the primaries for now. Win those and others will support for sure these two guys runs in these states. I lived in Kentucky the republicans will not let their party loose to the democrats...hands down...Remember Bunning lead the charge on the Senate side against bernacke, so its not like Kentuckians dont have that spirit anymore to pick a fighter like Rand Paul. He matches that desire quite perfectly.

I would also expect the chance to beat Chris Dodd is way to attractive for Cornyn(TX), who heads up the US senate group for elections support.

We need to load up our candidates that can inflict the pain, get the media in the primaries...and go from there.

dr. hfn
08-23-2009, 09:10 AM
I believe the lesser known candidates will have to rely on conventional fundraising more or less. Our high profile candidates will be the recipients of the large moneybombs.

Kludge
08-23-2009, 09:13 AM
I was really hoping we could get another Liberty Straw Poll (http://www.libertystrawpoll.com/) for Constitution Day, but it doesn't look like it's in the works.

scandinaviany3
08-23-2009, 09:17 AM
I believe the lesser known candidates will have to rely on conventional fundraising more or less. Our high profile candidates will be the recipients of the large moneybombs.

well maybe not..you dont need as much running for the house.

Also again on the pain and media side of things it depends on each race's options.

Also dont forget that we need to help some of these governors out...they are our future presidential candidates most likely, and the ones that will have the capability to get on TV all the time and espouse our views.

MsDoodahs
08-23-2009, 09:20 AM
I will not donate to moneybombs that include candidates I don't personally intend to financially support.

Therefore, I will not participate in any such "multi candidate" moneybomb.

JMO but I expect others feel the same way...

muzzled dogg
08-23-2009, 09:29 AM
that aint my plan

scandinaviany3
08-23-2009, 09:34 AM
I was really hoping we could get another Liberty Straw Poll (http://www.libertystrawpoll.com/) for Constitution Day, but it doesn't look like it's in the works.

do you think?

What did you like about it?

Kludge
08-23-2009, 10:56 AM
do you think?

I think so.

What did you like about it?

It was very informational and involving. It allowed everyone a chance to meet the candidates (many who I was unaware of before the event) as they state their case on a live video feed. The event itself was fantastic with a call-in from Ron Paul and Aimee Allen (Lawson carrying more than enough star-power, himself). Thomas Woods was in chat, too, I believe. Even more fun was being able to openly discuss the strengths and weaknesses of all the candidates and then backing it up with real-money bets. Constitution Day was possibly my best day of last year... One of only a select few days I actually remember.

Austin
08-23-2009, 11:07 AM

my 2¢

=p

I agree.

fr33domfightr
08-24-2009, 11:31 AM
As I mentioned once before, I think Facebook would be a good social networking site to use for this purpose.

Creating a Facebook Group is easy and free. I'd like to get at least 1 Million group members that are committed to donating a dollar or 2 to select candidates running for public office. Our financial power would come from the large group, and the burden on each member would be very low.

I could create the group, but I'd prefer someone involved with the moneybombs of the past.

At first I was hesistant to join facebook, due to privacy concerns. Facebook would like you to use your real name, but many may not. From what I've heard, they even want you only to make your friends in real life your "friends" on facebook, but no one does this. You can even set your privacy settings to block people from seeing your profile.

If you join FB, type in this name, "The Largest Facebook Group Ever" . It has almost 1.3 Million members. I could have sworn I joined one group with over 13 Million members, but now I can't find it, so maybe I was mistaken in the number.

Basically, there are millions of people on facebook. I'd like to harness that by finding at least a million or more people who will step up to the plate to help get some freedom candidates elected.

Let's discuss the idea.

FF

No1ButPaul08
08-24-2009, 11:52 AM
The only people we should be moneybombing are Schiff and Rand.

TCE
08-24-2009, 03:15 PM
The only people we should be moneybombing are Schiff and Rand.

And Rand needs more funds than Peter does. Rand has the best chance of winning right now.

itshappening
08-24-2009, 04:10 PM
This November 5th for Rand I think

we can promote it better than the last one

Jordan
08-24-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm going to stick my nose in here for Joe McCartor.

He's a great guy and many on the forum have been overlooking him. Of all the candidates running today, I'd say Joe definitely has the best shot. Its unfortunate that an active RPF member is being overlooked, especially considering his district will be of the easiest to win!

MsDoodahs
08-24-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm going to stick my nose in here for Joe McCartor.

He's a great guy and many on the forum have been overlooking him. Of all the candidates running today, I'd say Joe definitely has the best shot. Its unfortunate that an active RPF member is being overlooked, especially considering his district will be of the easiest to win!

I agree.

MONEYBOMB FOR RPFs OWN JOE McCARTOR!!!!!

Kotin
08-24-2009, 05:56 PM

my 2¢

=p

this..

dr. hfn
08-25-2009, 06:43 AM
I agree.

MONEYBOMB FOR RPFs OWN JOE McCARTOR!!!!!

Let's do it! Joe needs to announce it officially.

Elwar
08-25-2009, 12:24 PM
How about a moneybomb competition...

On November 5th we tally the numbers of all of the candidates...whoever raises the most gets the December 16th moneybomb...