PDA

View Full Version : Post on Randi forum

BillyDkid
08-22-2009, 09:43 AM
They have always had it in for libertarians over there and periodically someone has to post some dig or insult directed at libertarians - never any actual, substantive argument against liberty or libertarian principles, just pointless insults. Today there is one in there that goes "Why are libertarians so unlikeable?" I want to post back "Why are self righteous, holier than thou, self congradulatory, self appointted arbitors of all that is noble leftists such intolerable assholes?" but then, after years of fighting the battle in there, I realized it is futile.

You know, I like that forum a lot and (not to offend my brothers of faith) I think the skeptic battle is worth fighting, but I just wish self defined skeptics could be a little more skeptical in their political views.

ClayTrainor
08-22-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm a big fan of James Randi, himself but, the Randi forums is filled with pseudo-intellectual ego-maniacs, for the most part.

They have some smart members, i'll admit, but they are not overly critical in their approach to subjects about non-science.

Galileo Galilei
08-22-2009, 11:41 AM
They have always had it in for libertarians over there and periodically someone has to post some dig or insult directed at libertarians - never any actual, substantive argument against liberty or libertarian principles, just pointless insults. Today there is one in there that goes "Why are libertarians so unlikeable?" I want to post back "Why are self righteous, holier than thou, self congradulatory, self appointted arbitors of all that is noble leftists such intolerable assholes?" but then, after years of fighting the battle in there, I realized it is futile.

You know, I like that forum a lot and (not to offend my brothers of faith) I think the skeptic battle is worth fighting, but I just wish self defined skeptics could be a little more skeptical in their political views.

I post over there all the time, they hate Ron Paul and anything to do with liberty. Everything is a conspiracy theory to them, except approved conspiracy theories.

I have a lot of fun over there.

AutoDas
08-22-2009, 01:51 PM
it's because we have conspiracy theorists from this forum (looking at Galileo Galilei) going over there and debate them on science. It's seems to be some kind of rule that if you listen to AJ you must support Ron Paul.