PDA

View Full Version : Guess When the Attacks start?

rdenner
09-28-2007, 06:22 AM
I don't know how to start a poll, but I would like to know when people think the attacks will start for real.

I know many of us here are very thin skinned and think the attacks have already begun. But those of us who have been around for awhile know all too well that these are not attacks.

They are half patronizing half dismissing attacks at best that we've seen.

I'm waiting for the connection between stormfront.org and Ron Paul. They have a HUGE pos ting over there for Ron Paul for President with over 175 pages of responses. That is just WAY too easy for the press to pick up on.

Nevermind the fact that Ron Paul can't pick and choose who supports him, all you have to do is put a graphic up on CNN for an entire day(ala the Dean Scream) and it's all over. Combine this with the allegations of rascism from back in the 80's and then you have a REAL attack.

I can think of at least a 1/2 dozen ways they can sink Ron Paul if they wanted to.

So I see this as a race at this point. WILL we get our message out(thanks to 1,000's of incredible volunteers) to the masses and solidify what Ron Paul thinks in their minds BEFORE the mainstream media realizes that Ron Paul is not Dennis Kuscinich or Gravel and that this is a real MOVEMENT. The MSM and the TPTB will not allow this movement to gain anymore traction.

My guess for the REAL attacks to start is before the 3rd quarter results are announced. Expect negative attacks to start very soon. Because they have to find a way to counter the possitive press that being 3rd or 4th in cash on hand is bound to get.

Hope to God I'm wrong and I hope to God that we have done enough to counter any attacks. It's all about perception at this point. Have we solidified our perception of Ron Paul in enough people to counter the massive dis-information campaign they will wage very soon??

Robert

MsDoodahs
09-28-2007, 06:25 AM
Attacks on who the supporters are won't fly.

They're going to have to go after Ron directly, on his positions.

The battle isn't about who supports who, the battle is one of ideas.

Noog
09-28-2007, 06:25 AM
I would say the attacks are coming soon. To think otherwise is foolish. I don't think it's a big deal, but we have to be prepared.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 06:27 AM
Attacks on who the supporters are won't fly.

They're going to have to go after Ron directly, on his positions.

The battle isn't about who supports who, the battle is one of ideas.

For us - yes
For everyone else - no

FluffyUnbound
09-28-2007, 06:27 AM
I think they may be waiting too long.

By the time they take Paul seriously, it will be too late.

The patronizing attitude they take towards Paul is not an act. It reflects their actual view of the party and the electorate and the world. They're too invested in it to give it up. They don't think Paul has even a potential constituency. They won't believe it, and will continue to maintain their "Paul has 100 supporters spamming everywhere" meme, unless Paul wins a primary.

MsDoodahs
09-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Don't fall into the trap of trying to defend the supporters.

Always bring it back to the ideas.

LibertyEagle
09-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Well, Ron Paul cannot control who supports him. There are a lot of people in this country with all kinds of views, many of them I don't agree with. But, they are all going to choose a candidate.

I don't know about you, but I'm not going to spend my time, worrying about some stupid attack which may or may not come because of some odd beliefs by a few people who have chosen Ron Paul as their candidate.

walt
09-28-2007, 06:29 AM
It will be tons of old school traditional mail. This is a revolution - we need to be prepared that this will not be a clean fight.

apropos
09-28-2007, 06:33 AM
Example response to an attack about the supporters: "Well, Ron Paul's supporters are Americans, and like 70% of Americans, they feel the war is going badly." Then you put the focus back on Paul.

LibertyEagle
09-28-2007, 06:35 AM
Yes, but we also don't need to start acting all defensive. Like MsDoodahs said, this campaign is about ideas and we need to keep bringing the discussion back to that. There are a lot of people out there who haven't heard Ron Paul and even some who have, but haven't had enough explanation for them to understand. We just need to keep our eyes on the message. One thing that will likely happen is for some to try to pull us off the message and into some kind of petty food fight. Don't let them succeed.

Danny
09-28-2007, 06:49 AM
I think they'll wait to see if the Q3 fundraising numbers cause a bump in his polling before they attack. Attacking him, in a way, declares that they realize that he is a threat. They're going to ignore him, as an insignificant 2nd tier candidate, until there is clear evidence (supported by polls) that he is a contender.

rdenner
09-28-2007, 06:56 AM
I think they may be waiting too long.

By the time they take Paul seriously, it will be too late.

The patronizing attitude they take towards Paul is not an act. It reflects their actual view of the party and the electorate and the world. They're too invested in it to give it up. They don't think Paul has even a potential constituency. They won't believe it, and will continue to maintain their "Paul has 100 supporters spamming everywhere" meme, unless Paul wins a primary.

This is my opinion EXACTLY. They have waiting too long and let too may people know about Ron Paul and his positions.

I have no doubt we are at less than 8% nationaly as far as support(maybe even less), BUT that 6 to 8% is SOLID and fired up.

When the attacks come, they will be very surprised to find the absolute FIRE they get back in return.

Robert

rdenner
09-28-2007, 06:58 AM
Well, Ron Paul cannot control who supports him. There are a lot of people in this country with all kinds of views, many of them I don't agree with. But, they are all going to choose a candidate.

I don't know about you, but I'm not going to spend my time, worrying about some stupid attack which may or may not come because of some odd beliefs by a few people who have chosen Ron Paul as their candidate.

SHOULD we be trolling around the edges of the internet to see who is supporting people like Guiliani and Romney??

Maybe we can find some weird Mormon sites that are throwing money behind Romney.

Or Mob types that are openly throwing support behind Guiliani. Is there such a thing as a Mob Blog???

Get this info now to counter what they'll say about stormfront and others??

Just a thought.

Robert

USPatriot36
09-28-2007, 07:01 AM
We are still at the ignore him phase. If they start attacking too early, it gives us ample time (and Paul has ample money) to at least have a chance to reflect the attacks and use the coverage to our advantage. They may wait until much, much later. The attacks against Buchanan came only after he won New Hampshire.

MsDoodahs
09-28-2007, 07:12 AM
SHOULD we be trolling around the edges of the internet to see who is supporting people like Guiliani and Romney??

Maybe we can find some weird Mormon sites that are throwing money behind Romney.

Or Mob types that are openly throwing support behind Guiliani. Is there such a thing as a Mob Blog???

Just a thought.

Robert

Why would you stoop to their level?

Stay standing tall.

LizF
09-28-2007, 07:28 AM

Just a thought.

Robert

No need for that--I'm sure the the Rudy McRomneysons (or their supporters) are already diligently working on that themselves in order to be the top dog among the top tier candidates.

I think our best bet is to set a good example, stay above the fray, and focus on getting RP's message out.

Ozwest
09-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Thus far the MSM's chastising attitude towards Ron Paul has resulted in galvanizing his base. Many of Ron's recent devotees are drawn to him precisely for this reason... A growing trend of scepticism towards MSM will make it increasingly difficult for them to attack Ron Paul and his supporters, particularly if his base and funding increase exponentially... As others have mentioned, they will attempt to smear Ron Paul personally and this is when his vociferous supporters will rise to his defence using facts based on principled truth rather than baseless fear mongering... The MSM strategy will backfire and only enhance Ron Pauls reputation as a "Champion of the People" and the enemy of the status quo!

OceanMachine7
09-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Thus far the MSM's chastising attitude towards Ron Paul has resulted in galvanizing his base. Many of Ron's recent devotees are drawn to him precisely for this reason... A growing trend of scepticism towards MSM will make it increasingly difficult for them to attack Ron Paul and his supporters, particularly if his base and funding increase exponentially... As others have mentioned, they will attempt to smear Ron Paul personally and this is when his vociferous supporters will rise to his defence using facts based on principled truth rather than baseless fear mongering... The MSM strategy will backfire and only enhance Ron Pauls reputation as a "Champion of the People" and the enemy of the status quo!

Except among the mainstream Fox/O'Reilly/Hannity crowd, but those people are already supporting Frudy McRomney.

Ozwest
09-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Except among the mainstream Fox/O'Reilly/Hannity crowd, but those people are already supporting Frudy McRomney.

They're too far gone. Part of a lost generation.

DrNoZone
09-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Here's an idea for a response to those who attack certain "undesirable" groups of Ron Paul supporters (white supremacists, "druggies", etc.):

"First, no candidate can control who supports them, nor should they try. Second, it's easy to see why groups like "XYZ" might support Ron Paul. Ron Paul is the champion of the Constitution and of individual liberties; not just for the individuals he likes, but even and especially for those individuals he completely disagrees with. That is the definition of liberty: I will defend your right to do and say the things I do not agree with, as long as they do no harm another or their property."

Something like that might go over well.

jonahtrainer
09-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Example response to an attack about the supporters: "Well, Ron Paul's supporters are Americans, and like 70% of Americans, they feel the war is going badly." Then you put the focus back on Paul.

The value of our personal relationships is going to play a huge role in this election. The power of the social networking sites is beginning to be felt.

For example, someone may hear stupid stuff about Ron Paul on the MSM. We were stuffing thousands of envelopes last night. They will be mailed to the entire vendor and customer list of one of our local Ron Paul supporters, a multi-millionaire small business owner with a great reputation.

His relationship with the people who receive his letters, lawyers, doctors, business owners, etc. who are his personal friends and know his honesty, integrity and hard work will overpower any attack the MSM may throw. Sure, people may not agree with Ron Paul's ideology but they will not dismiss him because of some 'smear' campaign because of the letter they get from our very respected buddy. Those who do agree with Ron Paul's ideology will influence there sphere.

So likewise it goes with all of us and our sphere of influence. All politics is local.

LizF
09-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Here's an idea for a response to those who attack certain "undesirable" groups of Ron Paul supporters (white supremacists, "druggies", etc.):

"First, no candidate can control who supports them, nor should they try. Second, it's easy to see why groups like "XYZ" might support Ron Paul. Ron Paul is the champion of the Constitution and of individual liberties; not just for the individuals he likes, but even and especially for those individuals he completely disagrees with. That is the definition of liberty: I will defend your right to do and say the things I do not agree with, as long as they do no harm another or their property."

Something like that might go over well.

Brilliant! :cool: :)

paulitics
09-28-2007, 08:04 AM
They are going to wait until critical mass has been reached. They are only using subtelty now to plant seeds for later. The real attacks are going to be horrendus, and most likely will be about racism or antisemetism.

Santana28
09-28-2007, 08:20 AM
It'll start right before the primaries.... and when all the candidates start their TV blitzes. They don't want to advertise him or give people time to look into him - they want that flash negative memory to stick in the back of people's heads right before they go to vote.

Of course, at the same time - i get the feeling that they are very fearful of making a "martyr" out of Ron Paul. They know he has a larger support base then they want everyone to believe (although they still don't think it is large enough to win with). They're trying to discredit him and keep new people from joining on. Its not working. Theres now enough people to cause REAL problems if something completely underhanded did happen to him. The truth would be known, and they couldn't keep us from sharing it. There are too many eyes watching them. They don't want to galvanize support... although, they have been doing a pretty crappy job of that up to now :)

When the TV ads start coming out, expect to see repetitious catch-phrase ads with actual Ron Paul quotes that could be interpreted negatively over and over again. They'll be hoping simple over-saturation will solve their problems in ways that censoring him have not. They want to keep new people from desiring to hear his message while at the same time not actually causing people to look him up - they'll want to portray him as boring, crazy, or senile.... If there's no dirt then because of our support alone they will refrain from making false claims that can be easily refuted or turned back on them. They know that Ron Paul might not play dirty in his campaign ads, but we sure as hell will.

I think the most inspiring thing i see in all that has gone on so far... the level of arrogance and contempt they have for Dr. Paul has led them to fall in the trap of underestimating him while simultaneously throwing out the playbook they have been using and causing them to scramble for new ideas and veins of attack. They are slow to see that their old methods aren't working, and thus they are slow to move on to the next phase. By that time they are already left in his tracks. And i think a lot of them honest-to-God believe in those stupid ass polls.

I think they're counting on us not running negative TV ads against the other candidates. I think we need to take off the gloves!

libertythor
09-28-2007, 09:20 AM
The attacks have already started. Its more a question of how fast they will accelerate.

BLS
09-28-2007, 09:51 AM
1. The attacks haven't even come close to starting. Be prepared, because it WILL get ugly. Buchanan didn't get attacked until he won the Primary in New Hampshire. THEN...it got ugly, and he KNEW it was coming. He even warned his supporters that it was coming and he couldn't overcome it.

2. Regarding his supporters being nutjobs, conspiracy theorists, etc, this is my best comeback.

"If I go to a Metallica show because I like Metallica, does it mean that I should stop listening to them because many of their fans are not mainstream people?"

If you put it in that perspective, people will realize how STUPID the whole concept is of not liking Ron Paul because SOME of his supporters are not mainstream.

constituent
09-28-2007, 09:56 AM
The attacks are here, the attack dogs have joined the forum and
are out in full force this morning. I trust your judgement.