PDA

View Full Version : How many here live in Kentucky??

KCIndy
08-22-2009, 12:32 AM
I've already seen some comments and rumbling in the media regarding the vast amount of out of state supporting being garnered by Rand Paul. It got me thinking - if we don't have a strong "native" Kentucky presence in this campaign, the opposition will start using that to bash away at Rand.

My question is, how many here actually live in Kentucky? Are there any Kentucky-based Ron Paul meet-up groups getting behind the Rand Paul campaign? Are there any campaign volunteers reading this?

There seem to be plenty of people on these boards, C4L, RonPaul.com and others that are willing to lend support to the Rand Paul campaign. If this can be directed to or through those groups and individuals who are Kentucky residents and already "on the ground" so to speak, I think we could start getting Rand Paul some good, early name recognition, and do it without making it look like some out of state takeover effort.

As an example, lets say that a group of Paul supporters living in Lexington wants to distribute "Rand Paul for Senate" literature and goodies (pens, notepads, etc) at some point. There are enough people frequenting these boards that a general "Chip-In" might bring in enough working cash to allow for a pretty good distribution event.... that's just one example.

Thoughts? :)

specsaregood
08-22-2009, 12:40 AM
the opposition will start using that to bash away at Rand.

Start? That has been their main bashing tactic since he announced. Then the poll came out recently and that pretty much dismissed the idea that he didn't have any in-state support. Grayson's people won't be talking much about the out of state donations anymore (they have been) because Grayson will start tapping out of state establishment GOP donors.

TruthisTreason
08-22-2009, 07:24 AM
I was born and raised in Kentucky.

The facts are this: When Rand shows up at these insider picnics, Rand has just as many supporters as his opposition. Very few in my area have heard of Sway Mason.

They are grasping at straws... Just wait till the polls that will come out later in this race!

hockeydad
08-22-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm a transplant (many moons ago), but by this point, I think I've been naturalized.

At this point my mind is working along the lines of "cheap, but effective" - holding a "Rand Paul for U.S. Senate" sign at a busy intersection.

Has anyone seen the Blues Brothers? Recall the scenes where Jake and Elwood Blues drive around with the huge speakers strapped to the roof of their car - maybe someone with a PA attached to their CB could do something similar (without running afoul of local ordinances of course). ["You on the motorcycle... You two girls... tell your friends!"]

Cowlesy
08-22-2009, 08:03 AM
There are a good deal of KY supporters on this board, and as TruthisTreason mentioned, there are lots that show up at the party picnics.

Rand has good activists on the ground in KY.

Ethek
08-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Lots that dont normally post on this board.. but there are a lot that do.

Im car pooling over to the State Fair to man a booth for Rand today with a bunch of fellow supporters. We missed out with the KY presidintial primary being so late but now its its time for the feet on the ground.

steined
08-22-2009, 09:17 AM
I'm one, and I know several others on this forum that don't post often in this area, not that they aren't supporters, just watchers more than likely.

amisspelledword
08-22-2009, 02:38 PM
im in KY, too.

TheTyke
08-22-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm in Kentucky!!

torchbearer
08-22-2009, 05:03 PM
a good point to note-
Rand's money doesn't come exlusively from Kentucky, but it comes exclusively from everyday people.
The Gay Mason's money comes from party insiders and elites.

PubliUS_CorneliUS_TacitUS
08-22-2009, 05:41 PM
In Kentucky too, transplant from Pennsylvania and recently unemployed. Wish that I could have donated to the moneybomb but me and mine come first.

specsaregood
08-22-2009, 06:04 PM
a good point to note-
Rand's money doesn't come exlusively from Kentucky, but it comes exclusively from everyday people.
The Gay Mason's money comes from party insiders and elites.

A review of the FEC filings make this clear as day! 4 out of 5 lobbyists support Ghey Trayson.

dr. hfn
08-22-2009, 06:53 PM
this is what we need to do over every big town/city.

http://www.psywar.org/psywar/photos/080306-F-1936B-311.jpg

TruthisTreason
08-22-2009, 07:01 PM
this is what we need to do over every big town/city.

http://www.psywar.org/psywar/photos/080306-F-1936B-311.jpg

HELL YES! I've been telling Rand we need a copter.... :D

thisisengage
08-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Born + raised here.
Also the analytics for RandPaul2010.com show the majority of visits come from Kentucky-

Jeremy Tyler
08-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Live here in Louisville Ky.

The Key Master
08-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Living in Scottsville, so basically Bowling Green.

RyanRSheets
08-22-2009, 09:38 PM
There's definitely a big force throughout Kentucky, there's just not a ton of them who post here. At the State Fair today I think had about 20 people and many more who stopped by our booth for a little bit to say hey. We handed out a few thousand slimjims and some of us are going back daily for 8 more days. Our message has been extremely well-received and our army is growing!

rprprs
08-23-2009, 04:55 AM
There's definitely a big force throughout Kentucky, there's just not a ton of them who post here...

Just curious. Why is that?
As we promote CFL and other pro-liberty efforts, shouldn't we also encourage participation in this forum? It would be nice to have them on board, no?

(My question isn't directed specifically at you Ryan, or others in Kentucky. From what I see, you guys are doing an awesome job. I just mean in general.)

Eric21ND
08-23-2009, 05:11 AM
As we promote CFL and other pro-liberty efforts, shouldn't we also encourage participation in this forum? It would be nice to have them on board, no?

(My question isn't directed specifically at you Ryan, or others in Kentucky. From what I see, you guys are doing an awesome job. I just mean in general.)

I agree, if all possible maybe handout a simple paper with the site address BIG

www.ronpaulforums.com

TruthisTreason
08-23-2009, 07:12 AM

www.ronpaulforums.com

Not everyone posts on the internet. Some people don't like forums. But, we don't promote RonPaulforums on handouts, either. ;)

malkusm
08-23-2009, 07:26 AM

www.ronpaulforums.com

Don't forget that you can direct people to

www.randpaulforums.com

:D

Time for Change
08-23-2009, 08:25 AM

Kentucky born and bred here.

A lot of people that I know are very active, dont mess with the forums for many reasons...one being...the abrasive trolls working so hard to disrupt discussions.
They simply dont want to fool with it.

They are not any less patriotic, just busy working to keep our free republic actually free.
A major task in itself.

tuco.sargent
08-23-2009, 06:14 PM
I live in Louisville KY also. Campaigned for Rand Paul at the Ky State fair today and plan to do it next weekend too.

FSP-Rebel
08-23-2009, 06:36 PM
I live in Louisville KY also. Campaigned for Rand Paul at the Ky State fair today and plan to do it next weekend too.
Awesome!