PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Connecticut RP supporters?

keschrich
09-28-2007, 04:29 AM
The Everyday Republican, an email newsletter sent out by the Connecticut GOP, polled their subscribers last week on their favorite candidate. The results were sent out yesterday: Ron Paul finished 7th, behind Huckabee (!) and "Other". The full results are pasted below.

So to all you Connecticut supporters out there: where are you? Don't forget that Connecticut is a *CLOSED* primary state, if you want to see RP win our nomination, you have to register as a republican and vote in the primary!

Ken

Which Presidential candidate are you currently supporting?
131 31.5% Mayor Rudy Giuliani
61 4.3% Gov. Mitt Romney
18 4.3% Gov. Mike Huckabee
33 7.9% Senator John McCain
6 1.4% Senator Sam Brownback
3 0.7% Rep. Duncan Hunter
14 3.4% Rep. Ron Paul
95 22.8% Sen. Fred Thompson
1 0.2% Rep. Tom Tancredo
1 0.2% Alan Keyes
29 7.0% Other

How committed are you to that candidate?
78 18.8% Strongly - Will Not Change
161 38.7% Somewhat - Probably Will Not Change
122 29.3% Leaning - Could Change
7 1.7% Soft - Probably Will Change
23 5.5% Uncommitted/Undecided

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 04:36 AM
this is not good.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 06:31 AM
The Everyday Republican, an email newsletter sent out by the Connecticut GOP, polled their subscribers last week on their favorite candidate. The results were sent out yesterday: Ron Paul finished 7th, behind Huckabee (!) and "Other". The full results are pasted below.

So to all you Connecticut supporters out there: where are you? Don't forget that Connecticut is a *CLOSED* primary state, if you want to see RP win our nomination, you have to register as a republican and vote in the primary!

Ken

Which Presidential candidate are you currently supporting?
131 31.5% Mayor Rudy Giuliani
61 4.3% Gov. Mitt Romney
18 4.3% Gov. Mike Huckabee
33 7.9% Senator John McCain
6 1.4% Senator Sam Brownback
3 0.7% Rep. Duncan Hunter
14 3.4% Rep. Ron Paul
95 22.8% Sen. Fred Thompson
1 0.2% Rep. Tom Tancredo
1 0.2% Alan Keyes
29 7.0% Other

How committed are you to that candidate?
78 18.8% Strongly - Will Not Change
161 38.7% Somewhat - Probably Will Not Change
122 29.3% Leaning - Could Change
7 1.7% Soft - Probably Will Change
23 5.5% Uncommitted/Undecided

There's the problem right there. I registered Republican several months ago but I never "joined the GOP" and never got asked. My guess is, most of the "new" Republicans (if any) never got asked either.

ross11988
09-28-2007, 08:06 AM
this is reasonable for guliani to be the in the lead, alot of people in connecticut commute to NYC so no wonder they like that scumbag

Sematary
09-28-2007, 08:08 AM
this is reasonable for guliani to be the in the lead, alot of people in connecticut commute to NYC so no wonder they like that scumbag

Sounds like the regular polls

Johnnybags
09-28-2007, 08:18 AM
but the ring of steel Southern part near the NYC border is strong Ghouls, they all want Federal terror money to go to NYC. Most of em work there or have business interests there. Same with northern NJ but not rural. Unfortunately those areas are the major population centers and nothing short of a recession will make em change their minds. They are not real interested in freedom for the masses but security and profiteering for themselves.

freedominnumbers
09-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Just look at the total responses to that poll.

It seems that GOP newsletter must not go to too many registered republicans.
I'm a CT republican and I didn't get it. Granted, I've never sought out a GOP membership.

FSP-Rebel
09-28-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm not surprised considering New Haven (Yale) is there. I'm sure the Skulls have a good hold on the local GOP. I don't even think we need to win CT, it's totally irrelevant.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Just look at the total responses to that poll.

It seems that GOP newsletter must not go to too many registered republicans.
I'm a CT republican and I didn't get it. Granted, I've never sought out a GOP membership.

I just signed up and you should too. :-)

Sematary
09-28-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm not surprised considering New Haven (Yale) is there. I'm sure the Skulls have a good hold on the local GOP. I don't even think we need to win CT, it's totally irrelevant.

We are not irrelevant.

peruvianRP
09-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Hey...we are relevant...every State is.

I'm registering Republican just for RP..oh I can't beleive this. I'm Ind.

FSP-Rebel
09-28-2007, 09:56 AM
We are not irrelevant.
I'm sorry, but CT has never shown me anything in regards to promoting liberty. Nothing personal, but CT is in line with other smaller states that fall in line with my first comment. I dare not mention them specifically as I don't want any blowback. I hope things change for those states' supporters but past experience doesn't do them any justice.

Sematary
09-28-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm sorry, but CT has never shown me anything in regards to promoting liberty. Nothing personal, but CT is in line with other smaller states that fall in line with my first comment. I dare not mention them specifically as I don't want any blowback. I hope things change for those states' supporters but past experience doesn't do them any justice.

There are plenty of freedom loving individuals in every state.