PDA

View Full Version : Not my president

catfish
08-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I have to get this off my chest so here it is. I have served in our military and also in the public service field (firefighter) for most of my life. I am now retired and am a conservative. Not a republican but a conserative. I once took an oath to uphold the laws of the land and to do as my commander and chief said. I did this no matter who was the president. Be it Reagan, Bush or Clinton or even old Peanut Boy himself. This is the first time in my life that I can say what is in office today is not my president. Nor do I support him in anyway and never will do so. In my heart I believe for all thier faults all those serving before whom I worked for where for the most part good men. What is now in office is evil as is the speakers of both houses. Our country is in trouble and I am afraid that we are not going to come out of this in one piece due to those who wish to tear down what has made us so great.

I dont understand the stand that my vet friends took in putting this evil man in office. VETS FOR OBAMA to me was VETS TO TRAMPLE ON THE CONSTITUTION. I just dont get it. I have worked with lately more black people who are ashamed that they voted for him and see that it has set thier race back for many years. Hope and change was never the calling. It has become Duped and Chains in my mind. I am now going to do everything I can through the political movement in Virginian to see that Obamas lackys are put out of office. The newest sleeze that got in here for the tidewater area is just rubber stamping everything coming down the pike. I who put Obama over the top and they just dont care for most still think he is going to pay thier mortage.

Catfish

wd4freedom
08-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Bravo CATFISH!

Keep spreading the word and welcome to the tree of liberty.

Sandman33
08-21-2009, 07:07 PM
OBAMA'S GONNA PAY MY BILLS! YAAY!

fkn MORONS.

Long_Lamkin
08-21-2009, 07:11 PM
OBAMA'S GONNA PAY MY BILLS! YAAY!

fkn MORONS.

I see you're back...

amy31416
08-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the forums, Catfish. I hope you won't be too shocked to find that we loathe Bush just as much, if not sometimes more, than Obama. Both for what he did to this country, our military and how he happily trampled on the Constitution.

Personally, I think he set quite the stage for Obama to have free reign when it comes to our rights. I still have far more hostility for Bush/Cheney, but I suspect that will be eclipsed someday by what Obama does with the precedents that they set.

RSLudlum
08-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Woot Woot...No more cockaroaches!!!

YouTube - What Have We Done 3 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03vhWWFcFXE)

Welcome to RPF, Catfish!

emazur
08-21-2009, 07:30 PM
It has become Duped and Chains in my mind. I am now going to do everything I can through the political movement in Virginian to see that Obamas lackys are put out of office. The newest sleeze that got in here for the tidewater area is just rubber stamping everything coming down the pike. I who put Obama over the top and they just dont care for most still think he is going to pay thier mortage.

Catfish

you may enjoy this movie - The Obama Deception:
YouTube - The Obama Deception HQ Full length version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw)

Kords21
08-21-2009, 07:37 PM
As a fellow vet, I feel ya catfish. This man is not my President either. He doesn't know and/or care about the American way of life or the sacfrifices that men and women have made to give us a great republic. As far as I'm concered Obama and the radicals around him are pieces of trash and will stop at nothing until we all are equally poor. I can't stand the way things are going right now and people continue to blindly follow this idiot. This man is dangerous in so many more ways than anythng this country has ever faced.

Here's an article that breaks down Obama and his ilk's plans for all of us. It's a long read, but quite revealing. We're in a lot of trouble my friends.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/09/barack_obama_and_the_strategy.html

cswake
08-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Welcome. Definitely courageous to question your beliefs. I encourage you to take one step further and explain to current and future members why you're here at the Paul forums. It might also help to articulate how this President has crossed the proverbial line that you see him as the one who trampled on the Constitution. (Upon careful reflection you'll find that all of them are guilty)

BenIsForRon
08-21-2009, 08:11 PM
How is Obama worse than Bush? They're all fucking terrible.

catfish
08-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Why I am here!!!!!!!! I should think that it is very obvious just through my posting. I really never believed in Ron Pauls way of thinking before. I took him as a kook and lived and breathed the TRUE republican party line. But as I got to see just what the GOP was doing and how it was doing it I took another look at the way Paul was thinking. While I dont think he will ever become president and dont know as to whether he would make a good on or not I tend to lean very heavily to his mind set on our constitution and our bill of rights. I am here to share a common working mans thinking on matters that will affect the future of my grandchildren.
One is that my grandson is type I diabetic at age 8. My grandaughter has some forms of autisum. Are they destined to be cut loose from what medical care they get now due to one VILLIAGE IDIOT from chicago that wants to rule America as a king and not a president. I was on board years ago with Ross and when he bailed on us I lost all faith in movements such as this. But with that said I see a new movement coming and it is going to through the likes of Pelosi, Read and Obama out on thier dead asses and push them to the sewer where they belong. I have no love for this President and never will. I can tell you this that if he ever was to approach me to shake hands he would find only air. For I would not waste my energy to even touch his sorry person. I respect the office of president but I do not have to respect the man. For the man is a shame a joker and worthless in my mind.

As for Bush I can tell you this. I am a research historian and published author on the American Civil war. I have studied many aspects of the War of Northern Aggression along with the American Revolution. As with many men of that period I believe strongly that HISTORY will treat him better than we will today.

Catfish

iddo
08-21-2009, 08:47 PM
As for Bush I can tell you this. I am a research historian and published author on the American Civil war. I have studied many aspects of the War of Northern Aggression along with the American Revolution. As with many men of that period I believe strongly that HISTORY will treat him better than we will today.

Catfish, are you in favor of policing the world and nation-building in Afghanistan and Iraq, or are you in favor of noninterventionist foreign policy?
If you are in favor of nation-building, how do you suggest we pay for it without going broke?

BenIsForRon
08-21-2009, 08:50 PM

Catfish

I think history will reveal him as a war criminal. I hope our grandchildren will think of him as a dictator, as they do dictators throughout history. Any other treatment would be unjust.

amy31416
08-21-2009, 08:51 PM
The only way that HISTORY will treat GW Bush better than we do today is if the neoconservative mindset becomes completely dominant in this country now and forever.

If you think that's a good thing, then I'm quite sure that you either have no idea what neoconservatism really is or you don't give a rat's ass about what our founding fathers envisioned and entrusted in us.

Objectivist
08-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Welcome!

YouTube - Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI)

catfish
08-21-2009, 09:03 PM
I think you all miss the point. It will be judged on what transpires over the next hundred years of our history. Not now and not what you may think of him in this day and time. Washington, Adams and yes even Jefferson where not thought very highly of during thier times. Pointed out as being elitest and snoobs. While I did not agree with what he did or did not do he did what he thought was right and that I can not blame him for. Not like the one we have today who is doing this to change the way we think and live. While GW made some grave errors in his time and we today treat him with vile and distaste, historians will see him I think in a different light.
Most think of Tarleton as a butcher as his men rode down the Virginians at the Waxaws and as some do Sherman as he marched through Ga and the deep south. Most of our parents think of FDR as a hero but looking at his political workings just before the opening of WWII we see things different. But we have come today to know as historians and researchers that that was not the true case as people with shallow minds and blinders cast them to be. So with that this is my opinion. Like it or not it is still my opinion. I am sure I can find fault with ones you may present as being a wholesome and rightoues being. We all have our faults and it will be the future that will judge as to if we did it right or wrong.

MsDoodahs
08-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Guys - think about how history has treated Lincoln. History has been very VERY kind to that tyrant.

We have to win this battle. If we don't, then what Catfish said is right - history will be very VERY kind to the current tyrant.

:)

amy31416
08-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Guys - think about how history has treated Lincoln. History has been very VERY kind to that tyrant.

We have to win this battle. If we don't, then what Catfish said is right - history will be very VERY kind to the current tyrant.

:)

Win or lose, that doesn't make it right or true.

MsDoodahs
08-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Most of our parents think of FDR as a hero

I have an aunt like that - she thinks FDR was a hero and saved the country.

It's sad, but it's true.

(no, I don't try to tell her any different. She's 87. I fear it would cause her to have a heart attack or something, and then I'd feel guilty. :p)

BenIsForRon
08-21-2009, 09:09 PM
YouTube - US War Criminals - The Bush Lies Montage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE2SdF1fN4s)

satchelmcqueen
08-21-2009, 09:36 PM
important video that needs to be kept in the front. let us not forget what we had in the bush era.

Objectivist
08-22-2009, 05:30 AM
important video that needs to be kept in the front. let us not forget what we had in the bush era.

YouTube - Democrats on Iraq + WMD's (Weapons of Mass Destruction) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwqh4wQPoQk)

NewEnd
08-22-2009, 05:54 AM
While GW made some grave errors in his time and we today treat him with vile and distaste, historians will see him I think in a different light.

Oh joy, a crybaby neo-con Obama hater. I like how he mentioned black people in his opening too, as if it is relevant.

Go away Catfish, and don't come back. I don't know what brought you here, but go find some hoorah bullshit kill the brown people reich wing website. If you think Bush wasn't all that bad, then you have no business here.

I guarantee you, when catfish's team is back in office he'll be giving his rights away just like he was last time.