PDA

View Full Version : Idaho tea party activist/GOP leader arrested for assault with a deadly weapon...

Reason
08-21-2009, 12:24 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/2009/08/21/idaho-deadly-weapon

http://www.idahostatesman.com/531/story/871989.html

Notice how his political affiliations have absolutely nothing to do with the incident?

Notice how that doesn't seem to matter?

acptulsa
08-21-2009, 12:36 PM
'Horrific' is horrific hyperbole. That said, when you're in a car and your adversary is on foot, going for the gun instead of the gas is pretty silly.

CountryboyRonPaul
08-21-2009, 12:40 PM
"He is also was also strong backer of libertarian presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)"

:mad:

acptulsa
08-21-2009, 12:43 PM
"He is also was also strong backer of libertarian presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)"

:mad:

"And before we give you the other side of the story, we're going to mention one thing exactly about the person who kindly gave it to us--he has campaigned for sane marijuana laws so you shouldn't believe him." :rolleyes:

Elwar
08-21-2009, 12:48 PM
A child molester was arrested in my town...he voted for Obama...he also beats his wife.

Not Obama, the child molester.

kahless
08-21-2009, 01:18 PM
So we have a homeowner that did not pay his mortgage so he threatens the bank employee that comes to his house to take pictures. But we are supposed to feel that is ok and feel sorry for the homeowner in this sensationalized article.

The article also does not tell us why he did not just pull away. Maybe he could not pull away as the homeowner was blocking the car and feared for his life?

"Apparently, we can't use a gun in our own protection," Schewmaker told the AP. "You can have it to look pretty. But if somebody is attempting to attack you, you can't pull it out of the holster. That's what I'm gathering from this."

Flash
08-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Hypocritical Lefties. I remember there was a story where someone stabbed a man because he was voting for Hillary and not Obama. But I'm sure politics had nothing to do with that..

Cowlesy
08-21-2009, 01:50 PM
It sounds like McAfee was in his car when the homeowner smacked his windshield with his hand, and that's when McAfee pulled the handgun up off the floor of the car.

Definitely two sides to this story, and the media is certainly only covering one of them.

TonySutton
08-21-2009, 02:07 PM
I’m unarmed, I’m an old man,” Lutes, 51,

51 is an old man? whatever

olehounddog
08-21-2009, 02:16 PM
51 is an old man? whatever

I only got 9 months left until old age sets in:(......oh well.:)