View Full Version : Ron Paul Country @ Real Clear Politics

jpa
09-28-2007, 01:11 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/09/ron_paul_country.html

Way to go Chicago!
Any coverage is good coverage.

austin356
09-28-2007, 01:14 AM
my first reaction when I got that alert was "ugh".... why the f99k could they not just reprint the BG article. Leaving my pro-paulness out of it, it was still a much better article on the same basic topic.

LizF
09-28-2007, 02:10 AM
"But as appealing as several of these policy prescriptions might be for some conservatives, such as leaving the United Nations for good, Paul always manages to go too far.

For instance, the prescription drug companies, he says, "are no better than the military industrial complex," which is one of the far left's most cherished phrases."

It may be "one of the far left's most cherished phrases", but the phrase was popularized after Eisenhower (hardly a left-winger) used it in a speech:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military-industrial_complex

"The other part of Paul's candidacy hurting its appeal with the larger electorate is that it's a circus of ideologues each with their own pet causes. Paul deftly satisfies the factions individually with his peculiar politics, but what this amounts to is a grab-bag of radical policy proposals. Some might say that this is libertarianism or "true Republicanism," but the fact is that it leads to a chaotic campaign, whose only guiding light is some mythical American past where an unsullied constitutional order reigned. Not to mention that Paul brings out the kind of person who spends their days pining for the gold standard and that's the not person you want your daughter bringing home."

:D :p

Thomas_Paine
09-28-2007, 02:21 AM
Total HIT PIECE, though the beginning does warm you up this article is so slanted it will make you fall backwards. Consider the difference between this article and the Boston Globe article. This writer's prejudice shines through!

hard@work
09-28-2007, 02:53 AM
Not to mention that Paul brings out the kind of person who spends their days pining for the gold standard and that's the not person you want your daughter bringing home."

Ok so... I don't want my daughter bringing home an economimst like Alan Greenspan? Or maybe it's just you know, guys that have investment portfolios that happen to include large quantities of hard assets some being precious metals?

Oh, no wait. He means people who understand that adding currency to the money supply to be paid off by the American worker as debt from interest is immoral and destroying the country. Ok cool, yeah miscreants the lot of them.

Cowlesy
09-28-2007, 03:08 AM
*sigh*