PDA

View Full Version : Starting new YAL chapters in Indiana and Illinois- need places to crash

R3B3L
08-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey guys, wondering if you could help a fellow patriot out.

http://www.facebook.com/CraigHDixon?success=1 [Add me if you like]
I've been an actvist with the movement since early 2007 just prior to Ron Paul's presidential announcement. I ran Appalachian State's ASU Students for Ron Paul and then served as a senior advisor for the group after graduating [it then become a YAL chapter] and then served as a community organizer for the Charlotte T.E.A. party.

Currently, I'm contracted as a field representative for the Leadership Institute, www.leadershipinstitute.org -a conservative/libertarian think-tank out of D.C. Our objective is to help advance the liberty-movement within the youth. AKA, use the Obama regime's tactics against them and advance old-right, classical liberal schools of thought. My primary approach will be to help seed new groups on college campuses and train them on effective activist strategy. In addition, I'll be helping them garner media attention by coordinating events with existing groups.

I'm going to be in the Indiana-Southern Illinois area from September until Mid-November. I'll be moving from region to region within the states every 2-3 days.

My problem is this: I have absolutely no network in the area that I've been assigned. I'm being given $2k a month for "expenses" and I'd rather NOT use that for extravagant options like hotels. I want to use that money to get these groups started off strong; books, recruiting materials, PO Boxes, activist resources, etc.

So, with that approach, and knowing NO ONE in either state... right now my options are down to sleeping at truck stops with my Smith&Wesson .40, and finding good camping sites. That'll do if I can't find another option but I'm crossing my fingers that I can meet some great patriots out there that could give me a hand and help me build a network... find some couches and some showers I could use for a night or two on occasion.

Can anyone help me out? It would be GREATLY appreciated!

Imperial
08-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Try looking up local meetups, the local CFL chapters, John Birch Society, things like that.

You may want to try grassroots central too; it gets more activity.

Austin
08-25-2009, 10:48 PM
removed