PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for the next money bomb...

Michigan11
08-20-2009, 10:48 PM
1) make it $50 to sign up
why: because we are in a depression and it is more manageable for most and may even be the actual average donation anyways..

2) something should be in the works for late September (dont wait too long) and then November 5th again
why: we need a consistent flow of donations and it creates momentum and more will continue to join and give..

3) we as a forum should start promoting by next week, sending myspace, posting, etc... and other forums.

4) runrandrun could send out another email telling people to sign up for the next immediately. Now we have an established base of donors to start from and the next one will be that much bigger.

muzzled dogg
08-20-2009, 10:49 PM
did the sign up list even get a reminder?

Epic
08-20-2009, 10:51 PM
September 30th moneybomb if we want it to count on 3Q FEC filing...

Encourage donations to all candidates... get some cross-pollination going on.

mrchubbs
08-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Don't know if this is legal FEC-wise or do-able from the campaign's point of view but...

To really get some press and more donations...

Have a "Money Back Guarantee Money Bomb" Day

If Rand doesn't win then everyone gets their donations refunded to them, but only donations made on that single money bomb day. If he wins then no refunds are given.

That would take balls and show any potential fence sitting donors that he is a serious candidate who does not spend money like other politicians.

That is my outside the box thought of the day.

Enjoy!

TruthisTreason
08-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Don't know if this is legal FEC-wise or do-able from the campaign's point of view but...

If Rand doesn't win then everyone gets their donations refunded to them, but only donations made on that single money bomb day. If he wins then no refunds are given.

That would take balls and show any potential fence sitting donors that he is a serious candidate who does not spend money like other politicians.

Enjoy!

Rand isn't Mitt Romney...;)

mrchubbs
08-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Rand isn't Mitt Romney...;)

I know...

Rand is a winner.

Trigonx
08-20-2009, 11:14 PM
September 30th moneybomb if we want it to count on 3Q FEC filing...

Encourage donations to all candidates... get some cross-pollination going on.

i like the September 30th as the date for the next moneybomb

Epic
08-20-2009, 11:15 PM
No, there's no place the money's gonna come from to pay people back. Plus, logistical nightmare.

beazy
08-20-2009, 11:16 PM
#1 thing is we must get control and use FACEBOOK , MYSPACE , TWITTER. We are suppose to be Ron Pauls internet following. Ron doesnt even update any of these, doesnt have twitter. These are defiantly things that the MOVEMENT needs to do. He should have a intern or some other trusted employee updating his social networks with news from the movement. It is that simple folks. Ron would have a lot more followers on Facebook had he been updating over the last year.

beazy
08-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Sept 30 is too soon. We need time to fix mistakes. We need to make the next one really count and organize to the fullest potential. Nov 5 is good to me, that is still 6 months from the primary.

dr. hfn
08-20-2009, 11:20 PM
did the sign up list even get a reminder?

I don't think so.

Epic
#1 thing is we must get control and use FACEBOOK , MYSPACE , TWITTER. We are suppose to be Ron Pauls internet following. Ron doesnt even update any of these, doesnt have twitter. These are defiantly things that the MOVEMENT needs to do. He should have a intern or some other trusted employee updating his social networks with news from the movement. It is that simple folks. Ron would have a lot more followers on Facebook had he been updating over the last year.

bingo, honestly i think I could run Ron Paul's online operation better than all of his current staff, just cause they aren't doing anything.

And he actually does a lot of (radio show and smaller stuff) media appearances which don't actually come up on CFL blog. People should be told of them way ahead of time. Then, the networks see a small ratings spike then, and he gets invited back more often.

beazy
One last thing, where is David Adams. Doesnt he run a blog. then he should also be here. The grassroots need direct access to him.

TruthisTreason
08-20-2009, 11:22 PM
bingo, honestly i think I could run Ron Paul's online operation better than all of his current staff, just cause they aren't doing anything.

And he actually does a lot of (radio show and smaller stuff) media appearances which don't actually come up on CFL blog. People should be told of them way ahead of time. Then, the networks see a small ratings spike then, and he gets invited back more often.

I suppose you could have done what his "staff" has done up to this point by yourself, huh?

beazy
08-20-2009, 11:25 PM

And he actually does a lot of (radio show and smaller stuff) media appearances which don't actually come up on CFL blog.

I have the same thoughts. I will give credit on the local appearances, cable appearance, website. All tremendous jobs done. But if your going to be known as the candidate with the internet following etc etc and you are dependent on the moneybombs as a primary means of raising campaign funds:

YOU MUST USE THE INTERNET TO FULLEST POTENTIAL

This goes to the entire movement. If it were up to me I would have been promoting on Myspace, Facebook and Twitter all month. This means Ron Pauls accounts. Ron needs to be using these tools to further the cause. He should atleast post his Texas Straight Talks to them and any videos he makes for CFL.

TruthisTreason
08-20-2009, 11:29 PM
I have the same thoughts. I will give credit on the local appearances, cable appearance, website. All tremendous jobs done. But if your going to be known as the candidate with the internet following etc etc and you are dependent on the moneybombs as a primary means of raising campaign funds:

YOU MUST USE THE INTERNET TO FULLEST POTENTIAL

This goes to the entire movement. If it were up to me I would have been promoting on Myspace, Facebook and Twitter all month. This means Ron Pauls accounts. Ron needs to be using these tools to further the cause. He should atleast post his Texas Straight Talks to them and any videos he makes for CFL.

Ron has his own campaign to worry about. ;)

The internet is only one part of the campaign. Take a look at our competitors on the internet and also step back and realize Rand is approaching 3/4 of million in just a few months. He is a first time candidate. He is doing great....

You can't promote things that aren't locked in stone! You can't put words into Rand's mouth and who thinks they can speak for him?

Edit: And some of my comments in this thread are directed at Epic.... FYI

Michigan11
08-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Let's re-focus this thread back to "IDEAS" for the next money bomb.

I thought we might get some good suggestions for those who put these things together, a thread they might like.

I also agree September 30th for the next money bomb. Any longer than that, it will be too close to November 5th if that becomes another one. I say keep the momentum building and all the activists active...

beazy
08-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Ron has his own campaign to worry about. ;)

The internet is only one part of the campaign. Take a look at our competitors on the internet and also step back and realize Rand is approaching 3/4 of million in just a few months. He is a first time candidate. He is doing great....

You can't promote things that aren't locked in stone! You can't put words into Rand's mouth and who thinks they can speak for him?

Edit: And some of my comments in this thread are directed at Epic.... FYI

Over one million people voted for Ron Paul. Surely out of those 10,000 would of donated $100 to Rand Paul had they known. The problem isn't the goal attainability. While we were successful of raising a massive amount of money, we didn't promote it nearly enough. There were plenty of things that we can do better and we should. Constructive criticism is not a bad thing. Just because your good at something doesn't mean you should not try to improve. So don't be too congratulatory, we still have a very uphill battle. These guys will not be playing nice once the pressure starts to build up. We need to be ready. We need to be firing on all cylinders.

Eric21ND
08-20-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm going with November 5th. If done correctly we could raise a million dollars.

And its not like donations won't roll in anyways during the build up to Nov 5th.

We can even have a mini bomb of say $100,000 sometime in between, if need be.

beazy
08-20-2009, 11:56 PM
I like the way you think eric, we need to start brainstorming this nov 5t moneybomb. But we might get some backlash about the whole guy fawkes day again. just to keep in mind. we need to get on this soon though, first we need to get the social networks for Ron under control somehow.

beazy
08-21-2009, 12:02 AM
We can use this tool to get a hold of Ron Paul 2008 donors.

http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/MapAppRefreshTran.do?tranComeFrom=stateMap&tranType=stateZip&stateName=KY&zip_3=402&cand_id=P80000748

Michigan11
08-21-2009, 02:11 AM
I think this money bomb has awakened the REVOLUTION...

We need something to focus on. Another money bomb soon would be a good thing. It doesn't even need to be $1,000,000. Why not $250,000 or half a million as the goal, and we ask of $50 donations, and most likely we would surpass the goal next time around.

Look at the level of donations already today...

People are going to be ready to give again next month. I vote for September 30th or sooner.

There is no need to try and go for the "Big" money bombs...Rand is stating he needs $2 Million, we have raised 1/3rd of that. I say let's help him stay on top, by delivering another load of money in September.

Any thoughts?

tpreitzel
08-21-2009, 02:22 AM

We need something to focus on. Another money bomb soon would be a good thing. It doesn't even need to be $1,000,000. Why not $250,000 or half a million as the goal, and we ask of $50 donations, and most likely we would surpass the goal next time around.

People are going to be ready to give again next month. I vote for September 30th or sooner.

There is no need to try and go for the "Big" money bombs...Rand is stating he needs $2 Million, we have raised 1/3rd of that. I say let's help him stay on top, by delivering another load of money in September.

Any thoughts?

Although, I agree with you that the amount raised today is totally sufficient if repeated a couple more times by Feb 1st, the next money bomb should be October at the earliest. If it's earlier than that, I, personally, won't be donating as I've reserved donations for other candidates during September.

itshappening
08-21-2009, 03:28 AM
I have an idea

30th Sep for Schiff

5th November for Rand

but lets wait a week or two before deciding.

I'm not sure doing a multi candidate day is going to be focused enough. My idea is that Rand hits around $1m by Nov 5th and we can raise 700k+ on that day to fully fund his campaign

we will have 8 weeks to promote it, hit myspace etc.

Sept 30th would give us something to promote for Schiff as an end of quarter money bomb.

This will then leave us with Dec 16th if we need to do any more

tangent4ronpaul
08-21-2009, 05:22 AM
RE: money back guarantee money bomb:

No, there's no place the money's gonna come from to pay people back. Plus, logistical nightmare.

depends on when it's done. if it's a couple of weeks before the primary, there will be no way to spend it before you know if it needs to go back.

It's also a good reason to collect address info and e-mail addresses of donors, and everything is in a database, so refunds should be simple. though there would be a service charge or time and postage to return money via check.

the big advantage is it would be an advertising gimmick, and assuming he wins, he'd be in a strong position to start campaigning against the Dem candidate coming out of the gate.

As to Sept 30, it's a Wednesday in the last week of the month. This is when everyone is getting and paying bills and mortgage or rent is about to be due. Bad timing in my opinion.

When does Rand need 2 Million by? - is that for the entire campaign or just the primary. Ron raised a total of 34.5 Million, and Kentucky only has ~1.5% of the countries population. Even if the thermometer is his entire campaign goal, it's better to prominently display an increment amount or goal for THIS money bomb and massively exceed it than to come in much lower than the displayed goal. The press will use this, as will the opposition.

-t

Jeremy Tyler
08-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Well there is one thing we have to wait for before we decide the next money bomb day. How much money is he going to raise in texas? Once we find that out we can try and decide if it is worth it to have anotehr before this quarter is over or not. We also need to make sure we time it when people can afford it and not at same time as one of schiffs. I would like for both Rand and Schiff to reach a million by the end of this quarter. This is especially important for Rand since now Greyson is running without bunning, we need to see if bunnings money is coming to rand or to greyson. Either way, lets see what the next few days of fundraising for rand present us and then we can decide

Cowlesy
08-21-2009, 06:58 AM
Though I don't have any donor statistics for the moneybomb, my guess is 80% of donations probably fell between $25-$250.

The beauty of the moneybomb approach is that if say, you do a moneybomb on November 5th, this gives people 2 months to refill their coffers, and be comfortable to go bombs-away again. This makes Rand's newly expanded pool of donors renewable as opposed to someone like his opponents who may be taking big checks and calling it a day.

rprprs
08-21-2009, 07:03 AM

I agree with this. If, in the past, we were recognized and given credit for one thing, it was our mastery of the internet. To be failing in this area now is inexcusable.

While I think we sometimes rely too heavily on the internet (particularly the often amateurish YouTube vids), I can't deny that these social networking sites are great tools for the promotion of fund raising efforts. I would like to see some confirmation/guarantee that these tools are in place before another moneybomb is planned. We should hold the campaign staff's feet to the fire on this. This needs to be resolved now, so that we're not bemoaning it again next time. And if there's a valid reason why these tools can't be utilized, the reason needs to be made clear VERY soon.

Some other thoughts:

Setting moneybomb goals is problematic. I guess it has to be done to give us something to shoot for and provide incentive, but the goal must be realistic and attainable. Falling short just simply doesn't look good.

I see no reason why "pledge sites" need to set any amount level. Simply ask people to pledge to donate and leave it at that. Setting levels at $100 or $50 only discourages people who can't afford that amount. I know my own contributions were never guided by any "suggested" levels. I gave what I could.

Some caution needs to be used to avoid overdoing the moneybombs. People get weary of constant begging. I know when I get snail mail from CFL, I often scan it and toss it because I know he bottom line is "send us more money". This leads me to believe that a moneybomb in late Sept. and again in early Nov. is not the best move. People need to recuperate and recharge their energies (and bank accounts). And, of course, those with deeper pockets are always free to donate at any time and as often as they wish.

Just my 2 cents.

tangent4ronpaul
08-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Though I don't have any donor statistics for the moneybomb, my guess is 80% of donations probably fell between $25-$250.

The beauty of the moneybomb approach is that if say, you do a moneybomb on November 5th, this gives people 2 months to refill their coffers, and be comfortable to go bombs-away again. This makes Rand's newly expanded pool of donors renewable as opposed to someone like his opponents who may be taking big checks and calling it a day.

I think I saw somewhere that the average donation was $60.

Yes! - spread um out.

As to CFL's constant begging, yeah that is a real turn off. I actually wrote them about this and told them to show me what you've done, not what you want to do and make the donation request low key - not pushed. Haven't gotten as much mail from them recently.

They also sometimes send these novels sometimes and my eyes glaze over on page one or two...

-t

TruthisTreason
08-21-2009, 07:52 AM

\

WOrking on those ....

RyanRSheets
08-21-2009, 08:15 AM
A few things I've been thinking about:

1) Instead of making pledges based on some static number, put a static number out there ($100) and give some kind of dropdown or text box for the donor to say how much they feel comfortable pledging.

This will allow us to maybe get a better idea where we are at, and it might make this a little more open to people who can't afford a big pledge. We need to make it well known and understood that every bit helps!

2) Some kind of an easy payment system would be nice. I think R.J. Harris is doing this already and I thought it was a great idea. Allow it before the money bomb, but encourage it as an option during the money bomb. This might help with people who are living paycheck to paycheck (i.e. pretty much everyone).

3) Help people in return for donations to the campaign. What I mean by this is that we all have marketable skills that we use to generate money. Use those skills to save people in the campaign money! Find someone in the campaign who needs your help, then offer to help them in exchange for a donation to Rand's campaign.

4) Promote the money bomb as something that's more about the final goal, not a 1-day thing. Encourage donations on that 1 day so people don't feel like they're doing it alone, but make it mostly about just hitting the goal by a certain date. Set the money bomb date before the deadline and push harder after the money bomb to make up any shortfall.

5) We have to come up with a creative way to get by with spreading the word in non profit organizations like Campaign for Liberty. I wouldn't say we did a bad job, but we didn't do the best job we could on this. Almost everyone in Campaign for Liberty is probably on some other list somewhere.

Austin
08-21-2009, 08:48 AM
A few things I've been thinking about:

1) Instead of making pledges based on some static number, put a static number out there ($100) and give some kind of dropdown or text box for the donor to say how much they feel comfortable pledging.

This will allow us to maybe get a better idea where we are at, and it might make this a little more open to people who can't afford a big pledge. We need to make it well known and understood that every bit helps!

4) Promote the money bomb as something that's more about the final goal, not a 1-day thing. Encourage donations on that 1 day so people don't feel like they're doing it alone, but make it mostly about just hitting the goal by a certain date. Set the money bomb date before the deadline and push harder after the money bomb to make up any shortfall.

I disagree with 1) and 4) for a few reasons.

First, following option 1) allows for much more manipulation. 3 people with 10 email addresses each could easily inflate the projection by nearly $75,000. All it takes it a few jackasses with an agenda to significantly alter the projected outcome. I personally like the current set up, because manipulation is much harder. Also, we can do a pretty good job of guessing the outcome by multiplying the pledges by the ratio of pledges / moneybombs in the past.. That said, we should make it very clear that people can donate any amount under $100 as well. Or, we could say provide an option:

I can't afford a $100 donation, but please put me on your mailing list to remind me about the moneybomb.

4) Well I don't have time to go into detail on this one, but I will later today. Basically, I think the larger the window to donate, the less effective the moneybomb. You hit the nail on the head when you spoke about "people going at it alone"

specsaregood
08-21-2009, 08:53 AM
I suppose you could have done what his "staff" has done up to this point by yourself, huh?

I think you guys have done a fabulous job so far. As it grows it, the grassroots will become less manageable. I think the question might be: Does the campaign want to interact and attempt to manage the grassroots? OR let them do their own thing?

Cowlesy
08-21-2009, 09:00 AM
In 3 months Rand is polling at 26%, only 11% behind Grayson. He's all over the local and national media.

I think the volunteers and staff are doing an outstanding job so far. Always easy to monday-morning-quarterback. If someone is seriously willing to help beyond just pontificating about what they think works best, it's pretty easy to get in touch with the staff.

Matt Collins
08-21-2009, 10:25 AM
While Nov 5th is good for historical / sentimental reasons, I don't think Rand should be associated with Guy Fawkes.

beazy
08-21-2009, 10:44 AM
While Nov 5th is good for historical / sentimental reasons, I don't think Rand should be associated with Guy Fawkes.

Ditto we already saw how the media spun it

fatjohn
08-21-2009, 02:34 PM

Enjoy!

That's a good idea for like the week before the primary. So hold that thought.

fatjohn
08-21-2009, 02:36 PM

Plus jim sinclair claims that the dollar will crash that day. So i don't think you would get a lot of media coverage. And you cannot buy anything with the money afterwards... Unless in the unlikely event that Jim Sinclair is wrong.

HarryBrowneLives
08-21-2009, 02:50 PM
I like the 5th simply because "remember, remember the 5th of Novemeber" was a heck of a slogan for a money bomb ... and people DID remember. Everybody's so busy these days, I think the trick is to find was to get the fence sitters and casual observers to donate.

However, I do agree with Matt on the Guy Fawkes part.

I think we need a poll.

MR2Fast2Catch
08-21-2009, 03:09 PM
I think September 30th is WAY too early for the next money bomb. I won't have any more money to donate for a few months, as I am broke from college. I think a lot of people are this way. It would be much more effective if we plan a day several months in advance, like November 5th. Then we give time to hype it up, and time for people to come up with the money. Plus this is a statewide election, so we can't expect peopel to donate as much or as often as they did for Ron Paul's presidential campaign.

It would be more effective to have one money bomb of a million dollars than 2 or 3 money bombs of 300-500k.

My 2 cents.

JordanL
08-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Wasn't there a Schiff moneybomb sometime in October being planned?

Eric21ND
08-21-2009, 06:58 PM

Any thoughts?

I think its a little too soon to promote a huge money bomb like that properly. I would endorse a mini bomb on that date, but let's make it realistic and reasonable. $100,000 goal with $10-$20 dollar donations.

Eric21ND
08-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Who cares it was hundreds of years ago, and 99.99% of Americans know nothing about the day. It was a trendy donation advertisement that went viral, it was thinking outside the box, we need more of that not less. Plus the net positive was Ron Paul got $4.3 million in donations that day and loads of media coverage. Was there a negative to that? Do people even remember a negative aspect to that? NO. Even non Ron Paul supports don't make any fuss over it, all they know if he raised an outragous amount of money that day.

RyanRSheets
08-21-2009, 07:10 PM
I think its a little too soon to promote a huge money bomb like that properly. I would endorse a mini bomb on that date, but let's make it realistic and reasonable. $100,000 goal with $10-$20 dollar donations.

I say we have an equalizer money bomb with a goal of getting Rand and Schiff to $1,000,000 before the end of quarter 3. Schiff's getting really close, though, so it might just be Rand.

FSP-Rebel
08-21-2009, 07:36 PM
I think September 30th is WAY too early for the next money bomb. I won't have any more money to donate for a few months, as I am broke from college. I think a lot of people are this way. It would be much more effective if we plan a day several months in advance, like November 5th. Then we give time to hype it up, and time for people to come up with the money. Plus this is a statewide election, so we can't expect peopel to donate as much or as often as they did for Ron Paul's presidential campaign.

It would be more effective to have one money bomb of a million dollars than 2 or 3 money bombs of 300-500k.

My 2 cents.
Yep, let's chill for a while and come up with something big in mid-late fall. Not sure about Nov 5 though.

Matt Collins
08-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Who cares it was hundreds of years ago, and 99.99% of Americans know nothing about the day. It was a trendy donation advertisement that went viral, it was thinking outside the box, we need more of that not less. Plus the net positive was Ron Paul got $4.3 million in donations that day and loads of media coverage. Was there a negative to that? Do people even remember a negative aspect to that? NO. Even non Ron Paul supports don't make any fuss over it, all they know if he raised an outragous amount of money that day.No one in the establishment cared about Ron Paul during Nov of last year because they didn't perceive him as a threat. TRUST ME Rand is now perceived as a threat and they will treat him VERY differently than they did his father!

ANYTHING that can be used against him will be! Tying him to terrorism via Guy Fawkes is a really simple ploy that was attempted in an insignificant manner with Ron. It could have serious implications if done to Rand; let's not give them that opportunity.

beazy
08-21-2009, 08:36 PM
have to agree, better be safe than sorry, they already want to marginalize us we dont need to look any nuttier.

HarryBrowneLives
08-21-2009, 08:56 PM
No one in the establishment cared about Ron Paul during Nov of last year because they didn't perceive him as a threat. TRUST ME Rand is now perceived as a threat and they will treat him VERY differently than they did his father!

ANYTHING that can be used against him will be! Tying him to terrorism via Guy Fawkes is a really simple ploy that was attempted in an insignificant manner with Ron. It could have serious implications if done to Rand; let's not give them that opportunity.

Point taken and seconded.

TheTyke
08-21-2009, 09:45 PM
I also agree.

Slutter McGee
08-21-2009, 11:42 PM
I almost never post here, even though I have been following the whole thing since the beginning of Dr. Paul Sr.'s campaign. I was not able to donate on this last money bomb because I simply could not afford it. However, I plan on donating in the near future, and I am doing this because I decided to have a garage sale, in which I donate all the procedes to liberty candidates. I if I make a thousand, I am thinking 400 to Rand, 400 to Schiff, 100 to Kokesh, and 100 to Harris.

Perhaps we should come up with a gimmick like this. Garage sales for Rand, or garage sales for liberty. To be done on a certain date or better yet, during a agreed upon week. It is completly cheasy. No doubt about it. But if only 500 people were able to donate an extra 300 for doing nothing more than selling old junk...thats another extra 150,000 for Rand. People need time to save more money to donate...I think this, or something like this (doesn't have to be garage sales...could be anything) might be a decent idea for a mini bomb that raises a decent amount of money without detering an individual from saving for the next major money bomb.

Anyway, this thread was about ideas. So there you go. That is my idea. Its gonna work for me no matter what.

Sincerely

Slutter McGee

SwordOfShannarah
08-21-2009, 11:53 PM
For Nov 5th and in general I really think the Paul name is way past the point of being called "terrorist", "fringe" or even "unelectable". I would go so far to say that our movement is known across the nation. Agree or disagree at this moment, you've heard of us and you are becoming familiar with our political views. I think any attempt to try and start framing Rand Paul as a terrorist because of November 5th is far-fetched.

Brett
08-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Perhaps we should come up with a gimmick like this. Garage sales for Rand, or garage sales for liberty. To be done on a certain date or better yet, during a agreed upon week.

Even better would be having them in Kentucky. With every purchase you could get a free pocket Constitution and Rand Paul information.

Only problem is no one wants to haul their junk to Kentucky to have it sold, so it'd have to come from within.

kushaze
08-22-2009, 12:16 AM
sorry

Eric21ND
08-22-2009, 12:57 AM
You guys who are scare dof Nov 5th and Guy Fawkes have to realize that the media and the establishment will criticize us no matter what he aim to do. Look what they did with this current money bomb, "Oh Rand fell short of raising $1 mill, blah, blah, blah"

And everyone from Glenn Beck to the state of Missouri has been labeling us terrorists since day one. Who cares. Let's get Rand a million on Nov 5th and give them the finger.

RyanRSheets
08-22-2009, 03:46 AM
Perhaps we should come up with a gimmick like this. Garage sales for Rand, or garage sales for liberty.

This kind of goes hand in hand with what I mentioned about donating our skills. We all have something we can donate, and it doesn't have to come at a cost; I certainly have some junk, and I'm sure many of us have some junk, and to go with that I can generally fix or do most things with a computer. We all have skills; which of these skills can save the movement money?

beazy
08-22-2009, 11:17 AM
or perhaps nov 11, veterans day ??? that would be a touchy one too though on how to promote it

or oct 2nd on oct 2nd 1789 - George Washington transmits the proposed Constitutional amendments (The United States Bill of Rights) to the States for ratification.

dr. hfn
08-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Nov. 5th is the best date in the enitire year for a moneybomb. Now we have to decide who it will be for. Rand? Schiff? Kokesh? Harris? Medina? Vasovski? Luskik? etc...

Should we fund the lesser known Liberty candidates?

Flash
08-22-2009, 07:10 PM
IMO Do a Schiff mini-money bomb first so he can reach a million and announce he is running officially.

FSP-Rebel
08-22-2009, 07:40 PM
I think we need to focus our limited resources on Schiff and Paul. Those that have already maxed out can give to the 2nd tier liberty candidates. I hope to be a maxer at some point, though I think we need a priority list right now.

itshappening
08-22-2009, 07:49 PM
NOV 5th should be for Paul

Schiff - Sept 30th ?? or a date in October

Eric21ND
08-22-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm not a fan of having numerous money dates for multiple candidates. It saturates the field too much and people at some point just tune out.

One money bomb date for ALL candidates.

thasre
08-22-2009, 11:51 PM
I almost hate to suggest it, but since the Republican Party establishment always writes off our candidates and calls us "kooks" and what not, what if we actually held some sort of money bomb for the Republican Party itself? Sort of a "Hey-look-here-if-you'd-treat-us-like-valuable-members-of-your-party-we'd-be-an-awesome-force-for-you-to-have" bomb.

Okay, so it's actually probably a really bad idea because they'd turn around and use all of the money we raised to finance candidates like Fay Gayson... but just a suggestion.

Alternatively, what if we held a money bomb for a charity "in honor of" Schiff, Kokesh, and Paul? Something to do some good for the needy, raise some publicity for our candidates, and deflect all the negativity that usually surrounds our fundraising?

Maybe there's some kind of health-care charity that hasn't endorsed national health-care that we could donate too (you know, because we're heartless right-wingers who only oppose nationalized health-care because we're racist terrorist nazis).

itshappening
08-23-2009, 05:44 AM
I almost hate to suggest it, but since the Republican Party establishment always writes off our candidates and calls us "kooks" and what not, what if we actually held some sort of money bomb for the Republican Party itself? Sort of a "Hey-look-here-if-you'd-treat-us-like-valuable-members-of-your-party-we'd-be-an-awesome-force-for-you-to-have" bomb.

Okay, so it's actually probably a really bad idea because they'd turn around and use all of the money we raised to finance candidates like Fay Gayson... but just a suggestion.

Alternatively, what if we held a money bomb for a charity "in honor of" Schiff, Kokesh, and Paul? Something to do some good for the needy, raise some publicity for our candidates, and deflect all the negativity that usually surrounds our fundraising?

Maybe there's some kind of health-care charity that hasn't endorsed national health-care that we could donate too (you know, because we're heartless right-wingers who only oppose nationalized health-care because we're racist terrorist nazis).

Moneybombs are for good liberty candidates only

itshappening
08-23-2009, 05:46 AM
I'm not a fan of have numerous money dates for multiple candidates. It saturates the field too much and people at some point just tune out.

One money bomb date for ALL candidates.

we need to be focused and get Rand funded, other candidates will have to be patient

Eric21ND
08-23-2009, 06:12 AM
i almost hate to suggest it, but since the republican party establishment always writes off our candidates and calls us "kooks" and what not, what if we actually held some sort of money bomb for the republican party itself? Sort of a "hey-look-here-if-you'd-treat-us-like-valuable-members-of-your-party-we'd-be-an-awesome-force-for-you-to-have" bomb.

Okay, so it's actually probably a really bad idea because they'd turn around and use all of the money we raised to finance candidates like fay gayson... But just a suggestion.

Alternatively, what if we held a money bomb for a charity "in honor of" schiff, kokesh, and paul? Something to do some good for the needy, raise some publicity for our candidates, and deflect all the negativity that usually surrounds our fundraising?

No.....No.....and hell NO!!! That's like giving the guy that rapes you a tip!

Eric21ND
08-23-2009, 06:20 AM
we need to be focused and get Rand funded, other candidates will have to be patient
Oh I have no doubt Rand would reach his $2 million dollar goal. If we promote the 5th of November to the fullest extent, by that time Rand should be closing in on about $1 million already, after all the donations will continue to roll in. Then Nov 5th we get Rand the other million he needs, viola!

skyorbit
08-23-2009, 06:51 PM
He needs $5 Million for his PRimary.

FSP-Rebel
08-23-2009, 06:59 PM
He needs $5 Million for his PRimary.
Doubtful. He's doing well know and he has the grassroots activists (who'll raise independent funds for different activities, radio ads for instance) who can continually get his name out there. 2 mill should be enough for the primary.

thasre
08-23-2009, 08:10 PM

I'm just going to reiterate this part in bold... because I think most people were so put off by the first party that they failed to read the following suggestion, which I don't think is anywhere near as bad as the first one!