PDA

View Full Version : A Ron Paul Republican for NC State House

GunnyFreedom
08-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Ron Paul Republican Runs:

YouTube - Glen Bradley VL 1.1 Campaign for NC House 49 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aHzYn-a6cU)

Kotin
08-20-2009, 10:42 PM
bump!!!!

Njon
08-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Check out some of the legislative proposals discussed at http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=205155

There's some 'teeth' for the state sovereignty movement.

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 12:01 AM
bump!!!!

Thanks! it's good to have friends! (now if only I had a campaign manager!)

evilfunnystuff
08-21-2009, 12:30 AM
good luck

Liberty Rebellion
08-21-2009, 12:36 AM
When's your money bomb? :D

Vessol
08-21-2009, 12:38 AM
sorry, but am I the only one who finds the name "Ron Paul Republican" retarded? Why does he have to title himself like that or other people title him that?

I don't want some personality cult come up around Ron Paul, even though sometimes it seems like there already is, people who believe Dr. Paul can do not wrong. I myself have a lot of respect for him, but I don't agree with 100% of what he says, nor do I think he is a perfect politician.

Why can't he run on his own views and then perhaps present him as someone whom has similar views as Ron Paul instead of saying "He's a Ron Paul Conservative!"

Austin
08-21-2009, 12:40 AM
The Ron Paul name provides instant identification. Using the phrase Liberty Candidate, or Freedom Candidate, or even Constitutionalist is no longer clear. Especially with the 912 movement, they may very well be using the terms and not truly understand the term(s) as we do. For that reason, using the name Ron Paul instantly let's us know what he means when he talks about freedom, liberty, and the Constitution.

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 01:04 AM
When's your money bomb? :D

I would like to have three, but I have no idea how to organize a moneybomb. I will say that it will be awful difficult to start campaigning until I have more than $50 in the account.

Well, the campaign kickoff event is Constitution Day, 17 September.
I think another good one for me is Veterans Day, 11 November,

And the third, and hopefully largest and most energetic:

The first American declaration of Sovereignty was in Halifax, NC on April 12th 1775.

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 01:06 AM
sorry, but am I the only one who finds the name "Ron Paul Republican" retarded? Why does he have to title himself like that or other people title him that?

I don't want some personality cult come up around Ron Paul, even though sometimes it seems like there already is, people who believe Dr. Paul can do not wrong. I myself have a lot of respect for him, but I don't agree with 100% of what he says, nor do I think he is a perfect politician.

Why can't he run on his own views and then perhaps present him as someone whom has similar views as Ron Paul instead of saying "He's a Ron Paul Conservative!"

Oh I'm not going to be branding as a Ron Paul Republican. Calling our specifically to Paulers is just a part of the early campaign, to raise energetic volunteers.

I certainly do have plenty of ideas of my own, which I hope is quickly apparent upon investigation.

james1906
08-21-2009, 01:34 AM
The Ron Paul name provides instant identification. Using the phrase Liberty Candidate, or Freedom Candidate, or even Constitutionalist is no longer clear. Especially with the 912 movement, they may very well be using the terms and not truly understand the term(s) as we do. For that reason, using the name Ron Paul instantly let's us know what he means when he talks about freedom, liberty, and the Constitution.

+1

It's more to the point than anarcho-capitalist, paleolibertarian, etc.

Goldwater conservative is also a good one.

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 03:19 AM

Hear here! In two short syllables, a million people know where I stand. :D

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 01:16 PM
+1

It's more to the point than anarcho-capitalist, paleolibertarian, etc.

Goldwater conservative is also a good one.

I tend to use "Goldwater Conservative" when I am speaking to or targeting old-school Republicans. and "Ron Paul Republican" when I am speaking to or targeting new-school Republicans. At the end of the day, they do men the same thing... lol! :D

Flash
08-21-2009, 01:19 PM
You should set up a site soon so we could do a money bomb.

Cowlesy
08-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Gooooo Gunny!

pacelli
08-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah!!

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 01:54 PM
You should set up a site soon so we could do a money bomb.

I'm talking to someone on RPF's to build a proper site, it would be a lot easier if I actually owned the host, but I am hoping it will get done sooner than later. Right at the moment it's waiting on me.

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Gooooo Gunny!

Hey thanks! It's even better with the couple-few annotations I tossed in methinks!

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah!!

Thanks! Now all I need is a campaign manager, and some money to run this thing. ;)

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 02:13 PM
good luck

Thanks so much! we sure need it with the world the way it is today! If we don't get some movement on Constitutionalist reforms right now, I shudder to think where we may be in a decade.

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Check out some of the legislative proposals discussed at http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=205155

There's some 'teeth' for the state sovereignty movement.

That's a great thread! Thanks Njon!

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 03:24 PM
shameless self-bump

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 04:02 PM
I now have an official "Comittee To elect Glen Bradley To NC State House District 49" bank account, all the legal steps have been taken, now I can accept campaign donations! Now all I need to do is come up with a way to collect them online.

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 06:27 PM
To send checks, address them to:

Committee to elect Glen Bradley for NC House 49
144 Ridgewood Road
Youngsville, NC 27596

the website should be up soon at:

http://nchouse2010.glenbradley.net/ (or) http://bit.ly/Glen10

it is currently just a page telling a tiny bit about me.

and if anybody knows where to get a donation widget for the website to collect and track funding....do please let me know!

GunnyFreedom
08-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Anybody have a donation widget? Anybody know how to set up a moneybomb pledge site? anybody but the crickets on this?

Pericles
08-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Gooooo Gunny!

+1776 from an ex-soldier

GunnyFreedom
08-22-2009, 08:55 AM
+1776 from an ex-soldier

Thanks! I'm really hoping we will have an impact here in this relatively tough district.

Austin
08-22-2009, 09:58 AM
1) You could set up a PayPal to start collecting funds, as it takes credit cards as well. Fees suck though.
2) Are you willing to call everyone you know to ask for donations?

GunnyFreedom
08-22-2009, 11:57 AM
1) You could set up a PayPal to start collecting funds, as it takes credit cards as well. Fees suck though.
2) Are you willing to call everyone you know to ask for donations?

Yes, and absolutely. Also, I have a PayPal and a ChipIn, and technically I could be using that right this instant. but yes, I was thinking about the fees also.

Nevertheless, I should be setting up the ChipIn right now.... If nothing else, at least IT will be in place by 17 Sept for a mini Constitution Day moneybomb...

Thanks!

GunnyFreedom
08-22-2009, 12:00 PM
http://www.glenbradley.net/files/d49/d49stateML.gif

GunnyFreedom
08-22-2009, 12:00 PM
http://www.glenbradley.net/files/d49/d49roughML.gif

GunnyFreedom
08-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Raw numbers from 2008 election attached as spreadsheet

Cowlesy
08-22-2009, 03:19 PM
How is your local support? Do you have a good 30-40 diehards already on the ground in NC?

GunnyFreedom
08-22-2009, 05:39 PM
How is your local support? Do you have a good 30-40 diehards already on the ground in NC?

I have 29 people on my volunteers Ning, probably 20 close enough to do some real on the ground gruntwork right now. I expect those numbers to grow, especially since the campaign effort through December will be getting funds and volunteers.

Some things interesting about the area, there is a hotbed of Constitutionalism to take advantage of in the area, many of whom voted Dem in 2008 because they thought the Dems had a better line on the Constitution than the Reps.

Also, our State Senator just announced he might run against Bob Etheridge - our current US House Rep.