PDA

View Full Version : Chris Simcox for U.S. Senate (Arizona, vs. John McCain)

Romantarchist
08-20-2009, 09:08 PM
FINALLY, Arizona gets an impressive candidate. It's about time! We came closer than any other state to getting a libertarian (Barry Goldwater) into the White House, so it seems strange that Arizona didn't get a Ron Paul-style candidate sooner. Let's show McCain a thing or two in the 2010 primaries.

Party: Republican

-Co-Founder of the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps
-Former Kindergarten teacher at the Wildwood School in Los Angeles, California
-Former record producer in Los Angeles, New York and Chicago
-Newspaper writer for the Tombstone Tumbleweed
-Semi-pro baseball player
-Self-described middle-class American who is skeptical of career politicians

I've been looking at his website and while there are a couple of small details I dislike, his positions are quite strong for the most part:

-Pro-Life
-Strong support of the 1st Amendment, re-inforced by his experience with those who want to stifle the free speech of the Minutemen
-A literal approach to the 2nd Amendment, where there are no restrictions on guns whatsoever
-Abolishing the Federal Reserve and returning to the gold standard
-Abolishing the 16th Amendment and the Federal Income Tax
-Restoring the 10th Amendment to everyday, mainstream use
-Repealing regulations that suffocate the economy
-Making it illegal to vote on any bill that Congress has not read

MR2Fast2Catch
08-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Where is he on foreign policy?

I know some people working on the McCain 2010 campaign and they had a really hard time getting signatures at their last event cause a lot of Conservatives are sick of McCain being a RINO.

I'm curious how well Simcox can run a campaign, as I heard his campaign is struggling financially.

Working Poor
08-21-2009, 04:01 PM
You also have Nick Coons running for congress district 5 http://www.nickcoonsforcongress.com/

Romantarchist
08-22-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm curious as to what is foreign policy beliefs are too. My bet is that he's a non-interventionist, but has purposely left that off his website so the neocons don't call him a "traitor".

And I'm sorry, but running as a Republican or Democrat makes so much more sense. 2% of the vote, or B.J. Lawson's 37% and Bob Conley's 42%? The choice is yours.

MR2Fast2Catch
08-23-2009, 10:02 PM
I found a 7 part youtube video of him being interviewed on some amateur radio/podcast show. In the interview, Simcox said he wanted to see the US get out of the United Nations. That's a start! I would like to hear more of his foreign policy views, but regardless I think he is the candidate for us to support here in Arizona. Get John McCain the RINO out of office.