PDA

View Full Version : Term Limits! Dingell, Reid, Kennedy can't be Walmart greeter

Dianne
08-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Guys and gals... I would suggest this is a very serious topic to take up... Probably 2/3's of our Congress doesn't even quality to be Walmart greeters.

Look at Dingell... suffering from dimentia at 84 years of age... who likens town hall protests to KKK events in the 1800's.... not sure when they took place, lol.... guess Dingell remembers them...

We really need to work on term limits.. this should be a priority. We have so many nut jobs in there unqualified to walk my dog (actually numerous nut jobs that Obama's health plan should take out pretty quickly; i.e. Kennedy... Specter, Dingell.... among others) Hmmmmm they are the elites and we are the peasants... so guess those nut jobs will hang around a long time on the government iv.... as we lose our lifelines...

But the point is... I really believe there should be a serious effort to go for term limits... I think the country is pretty much fed up with the dregs of society... crooks owned by lobbyists to hang around forever.. Give them eight years maximum to reap in all the crooked money.. then send them off to be lobbyists too.. cept in the case of Dingell who can't find his way home.

Working Poor
08-21-2009, 04:28 AM
Term limits would put Ron out too wouldn't it?

NYgs23
08-21-2009, 04:32 AM
While you're at it, bring back rotation-in-office to the executive branch. A million life-tenured bureaucrats running the government is not democracy.

demolama
08-21-2009, 04:42 AM
Term limits only encourage the current system... the system is broken and needs to be changed. Senators need to return to being appointed by the state legislatures and the House needs to increase it's representatives.

Right now the Senate is a super House with a 6 year term that is easily bought and paid by lobbyist and can ignore the needs of the state governments and the people. The House represents no one by the shear size of some of the districts.