PDA

View Full Version : Bloggers Call For MSNBC To Fire Two After Doctored Footage Airs

angelatc
08-20-2009, 07:41 PM
http://moderateinthemiddle.wordpress.com/2009/08/20/dylan-ratigan-making-lots-of-friends-at-msnbc-termination-of-ratigan-brewer-demanded-after-edited-footage-used-to-play-race-card/

On behalf of the nearly half million members of Americans for Limited Government — and tens of millions of other equally appalled Americans of all races nationwide — I hereby demand the immediate termination of Contessa Brewer, Toure, Dylan Ratigan and any and all others involved in any way with the fraudulent “news” that ran in the 10:45AM segment of your August 18 broadcast.

You network has besmirched the dignity and honor of American people. You have endangered the life of the President of the United States. You have purposely fanned racial tensions. And you have deliberately lied to your own audience.

Maybe we should aggressively pursue their advertisers.

jmdrake
08-20-2009, 07:44 PM
If the left can target Beck for calling Obama a racist certainly the right can target these clowns for calling a black man who opposes Obama a racist.

dannno
08-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Oh God, don't click on that website unless you turn your speakers down first...

Here's the main idea:

On Tuesday, MSNBCs Contessa Brewer fretted over health care reform protesters legally carrying guns: “A man at a pro-health care reform rally…wore a semiautomatic assault rifle on his shoulder and a pistol on his hip….there are questions about whether this has racial overtones….white people showing up with guns.” Brewer failed to mention the man she described was black.

Here's the video:

YouTube - MSNBC: Gun-Toting Protesters are 'White' Racists... Black Guy with AR-15 Edited to Conceal his Race. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI)

Following Brewers report, which occurred on the Morning Meeting program, host Dylan Ratigan and MSNBC pop culture analyst Toure discussed the supposed racism involved in the protests. Toure argued: “…there is tremendous anger in this country about government, the way government seems to be taking over the country, anger about a black person being president….we see these hate groups rising up and this is definitely part of that.” Ratigan agreed: “…then they get the variable of a black president on top of all these other things and thats the move the cherry on top, if you will, to the accumulated frustration for folks.”

Not only did Brewer, Ratigan, and Toure fail to point out the fact that the gun-toting protester that sparked the discussion was black, but the video footage shown of that protester was so edited, that it was impossible to see that he was black. The man appeared at a health care rally outside of President Obamas speech to the Veterans of Foreign Wars in Phoenix, Arizona.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-20-2009, 08:07 PM
You have purposely fanned racial tensions. And you have deliberately lied to your own audience.

That's everyday stuff for these "news" outlets. There's no question they do all sorts of things like that on purpose.

Kbeaubs
08-20-2009, 08:42 PM
If anyone finds a list of their sponsors, I would be more than happy to boycott them.

Bruno
08-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Dumbasses. Makes me sick.

"Mark" Hinckley? Dumbass.

Bruno
08-20-2009, 08:54 PM
If anyone finds a list of their sponsors, I would be more than happy to boycott them.

welcome to the Ron Paul forums! :)

Flash
08-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Let's boycott them. Keith Olbermann already went on record trying to say the Town hall protestors were racists. How is that worse than what Glenn Beck said? I'm all for this.

RM918
08-20-2009, 09:03 PM
If I had a dollar for every time Democratic defenders used the word 'racist' after Obama's election, I'd inflate the currency faster than Bernanke.

Liberty Star
08-20-2009, 09:05 PM
MSNBC is crap.

These things are good for liberty movement. If these boycotts lead to poisnous voices of left radicals like Olberman and neocons like Glenn Beck removed from crappy MSM, that's a step towards progress.

qh4dotcom
08-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Bump

Flash
08-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Whats funny is the Glenn Beck boycott is infact hurting MSNBC since some companies have decided not to advertise on Left-wing or right-wing shows due to so many complaints. Rofl.

Vessol
08-20-2009, 10:04 PM

Try...General Electric ;)

MsDoodahs
08-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Is it the goal of this administration to increase racial tension?

The "race card" that has usually meant any and all opposition instantly went silent isn't working too well these days.

Considering that MSNBC is owned by GE which is run by Jeff Immelt who sits on one of BO's teams (economic, I think?), and considering that the networks under the GE umbrella have all become Obot tee vee...it has the sordid feel of a move directed by the White House itself.

acptulsa
08-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Glad this message is getting out! I do believe the shills are about to discover what 'discredited' feels like.

Seems so. Dubya set out to trash the economy and the O man set out to stir the racial pot. Just bizarre. Wish I knew the object of the game for certain. Whatever it is, I'm quite sure I don't like it.

Dustancostine
08-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Let's boycott them. Keith Olbermann already went on record trying to say the Town hall protestors were racists. How is that worse than what Glenn Beck said? I'm all for this.

This is the elitist's plan. Put a african american president into power and then call everyone a racist who opposed said president.

Elwar
08-21-2009, 07:30 AM
If there's anything I've learned from The Obama Forum (http://www.theobamaforum.com), it's that black people cannot be racist.

BudhaStalin
08-21-2009, 07:33 AM
Race wouldnt be much of an issue if the media didnt keep bringing it up... america is "post-racial" but the media will leech off it all it can get before it lets it become apparent.

SelfTaught
08-21-2009, 08:31 AM

The "race card" that has usually meant any and all opposition instantly went silent isn't working too well these days.

Being from Chicago, I can tell you that racial tensions already exist and the White House and media are just playing to that tune for the purpose of defending Obama.

One of my coworkers accused me of racism when I (I'm Chinese by the way) criticized Obama and called Oprah an idiot. On the bus, this black lady (who was talking loud as hell) was having a conversation about how she thinks her coworker is "prejudice" because he didn't vote for Obama. This is the way people think in Chicago.

If you were to wear an Obama Joker t-shirt while riding a train or bus in Chicago, I think it is likely that some blacks will either curse at you and call you a racist or even assault you. Other blacks watching will probably support that type of behavior. It's ignorant I know but it's also a reality on the city streets.

For the record, I am not racist although I do crack racial jokes when I'm with my black friends -- they do the same for me, all in good times. However, they share the same views as other blacks in Chicago. One of my friends lives in Hyde Park, where Obama was living before moving to DC. The restaurants gave out free stuff and free breakfast for everyone when Obama won the presidency. People in this city are in love with Obama. Three of my black coworkers had a conversation about how good looking Obama is and how jealous they are of Michelle. He is a god out here.

specsaregood
08-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Whats funny is the Glenn Beck boycott is infact hurting MSNBC since some companies have decided not to advertise on Left-wing or right-wing shows due to so many complaints. Rofl.

That had occurred to me. Also what is also funny is it is people that don't watch foxnews that are complaining to sponsors on foxnews and now it is people that don't watch msnbc that are complaining to sponsors of msnbc.

Bruno
08-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Being from Chicago, I can tell you that racial tensions already exist and the White House and media are just playing to that tune for the purpose of defending Obama.

One of my coworkers accused me of racism when I (I'm Chinese by the way) criticized Obama and called Oprah an idiot. On the bus, this black lady (who was talking loud as hell) was having a conversation about how she thinks her coworker is "prejudice" because he didn't vote for Obama. This is the way people think in Chicago.

If you were to wear an Obama Joker t-shirt while riding a train or bus in Chicago, I think it is likely that some blacks will either curse at you and call you a racist or even assault you. Other blacks watching will probably support that type of behavior. It's ignorant I know but it's also a reality on the city streets.

For the record, I am not racist although I do crack racial jokes when I'm with my black friends -- they do the same for me, all in good times. However, they share the same views as other blacks in Chicago. One of my friends lives in Hyde Park, where Obama was living before moving to DC. The restaurants gave out free stuff and free breakfast for everyone when Obama won the presidency. People in this city are in love with Obama. Three of my black coworkers had a conversation about how good looking Obama is and how jealous they are of Michelle. He is a god out here.

Welcome! Where took you so long? :)

acptulsa
08-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Race wouldnt be much of an issue if the media didnt keep bringing it up... america is "post-racial" but the media will leech off it all it can get before it lets it become apparent.

Welcome, ST. Good to have you. Have a beer at the Checkerboard for me, willya?

Has The South really stolen a march on the rust belt in this department? I do believe we are quickly moving to a post-racial situation, myself. But having lived in Chicago (in Hyde Park, in fact) I can believe that the city hasn't made the same progress. I think somewhere along the line our politicians stopped playing the race card and the northern politicians started it.

Doesn't matter who plays race for monetary or political gain. It's beyond wrong.

SelfTaught
08-21-2009, 09:26 AM
But having lived in Chicago (in Hyde Park, in fact) I can believe that the city hasn't made the same progress.

Yep, you better believe it. The people in Chicago so....SO GODDAMN liberal it's sickening. It's not just blacks, its white people playing to their own white guilt in many cases (for those that want to know what I mean by white guilt, look up Shelby Steele).

Blacks in Chicago feel -- and are almost encouraged to believe -- that the only way to make their situation better is to engage in the political process to redistribute money/jobs to their own community. However, I've noticed that many of the problems facing the black community cannot be fixed through government. Black illegitimacy, black on black crime/homicide, lack of black entrepreneurship in their own black communities has more to due with present attitudes and the victimization ideology. Not to mention that the public schools here are liberal indoctrination idiot factories. Politicians are corrupt, state spending cuts are countered by liberal "activists" -- it's a mess out here. Opposition flyers to state spending cuts are posted in the pantry at my work. It's deep. God I hope this city makes it, but then again, God I wish I could move out here soon.

ClayTrainor
08-21-2009, 09:37 AM
that was disgusting...

amy31416
08-21-2009, 10:04 AM
They have groups like MoveOn.org, Huffington Post and other organizations to organize boycotts and did so effectively against Beck (please don't think I'm defending Beck, I can't stand the dude) and are still working on doing so against Whole Foods. We have groups like C4L, Daily Paul, Break The Matrix--I suggest we organize and collaborate with them if we truly want to do this.

The people on RPF aren't enough. The closest thing we have to a media outlet is the pretty blonde lady who makes videos for Break The Matrix on YouTube, but we don't have a counterpart to, say, The Young Turks--essentially a Huffington Post connected "reporter" who does some actual analysis of politics.

So, I'm going to try to contact Jack Hunter (aka the Southern Avenger), but I think we need to start looking toward something along the lines of "The Young Turks"--the guy who hosts it ends up on MSNBC every now and then and is taken seriously.