PDA

View Full Version : The amazing grassroots coverage of Dr. Paul and the debate

Bryan
09-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Tonight I had an online experience unlike anything I've ever had before. I'll admit, I was getting a bit crazy as I was logged into the chat room here, the RonPaulRadio.com chat room, listening to Ron Paul Radio and watching Justin.tv but there was just so much going on that I didn't want to miss.

Of course both Justin.tv and RonPaulRadio.com were live on location at the debate and our very own Bradley in DC was leading the dialog on Ron Paul Radio and had technical support from mdh (Matt).

The chat room here topped out with 130+ people online and the forum hit 330+ post-debate. Bradley had been monitoring both chat rooms and they played a roll in shaping the coverage which was top notch start to end.

The highlight and moment of true amazement was when Bradley interviewed Dr. Paul for the live radio which was also covered live on Justin.tv for viewing, the icing was that Bradley asked Dr. Paul a question based on some of the comments in the chat rooms.

Just think about that for a minute. Here we were, sitting in our homes, watching, listening, discussing and interacting live online playing a roll in a campaign that is gaining the momentum to change our country and world. Of course all this is being done without corporate money, it's just people doing what they love.

Maybe it's a bit presumptuous but when has something like all this ever happened before?

Syren123
09-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Nope.

DjLoTi
09-28-2007, 12:04 AM
And think about the people coming together on this. 6 months ago, I didn't know anybody except my friend in LA and my friends in Europe. I have never known so many Americans in the history of my life, yet it's like we've all been great friends this whole time. Very interesting and cool experience. :)

Bradley in DC
09-28-2007, 12:33 AM
And think about the people coming together on this. 6 months ago, I didn't know anybody except my friend in LA and my friends in Europe. I have never known so many Americans in the history of my life, yet it's like we've all been great friends this whole time. Very interesting and cool experience. :)

It's amazing how much I'm working together with friends that were strangers a few months ago! ;)

amonasro
09-28-2007, 12:36 AM
I also feel honored to be here among so many kind, smart, and genuine people. It's hard to comprehend the extend of what we're doing here, today, tomorrow, and a year from now, but I think it will go down in history no matter the outcome.

Grandson of Liberty
09-28-2007, 12:39 AM
I also feel honored to be here among so many kind, smart, and genuine people. It's hard to comprehend the extend of what we're doing here, today, tomorrow, and a year from now, but I think it will go down in history no matter the outcome.

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone else felt like we are smack dab in the middle of a future U.S. History textbook.

Syren123
09-28-2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I was wondering if anyone else felt like we are smack dab in the middle of a future U.S. History textbook.

Yup.
I also feel like we are truly serving our country.

Chester Copperpot
09-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Tonight I had an online experience unlike anything I've ever had before. I'll admit, I was getting a bit crazy as I was logged into the chat room here, the RonPaulRadio.com chat room, listening to Ron Paul Radio and watching Justin.tv but there was just so much going on that I didn't want to miss.

Of course both Justin.tv and RonPaulRadio.com were live on location at the debate and our very own Bradley in DC was leading the dialog on Ron Paul Radio and had technical support from mdh (Matt).

The chat room here topped out with 130+ people online and the forum hit 330+ post-debate. Bradley had been monitoring both chat rooms and they played a roll in shaping the coverage which was top notch start to end.

The highlight and moment of true amazement was when Bradley interviewed Dr. Paul for the live radio which was also covered live on Justin.tv for viewing, the icing was that Bradley asked Dr. Paul a question based on some of the comments in the chat rooms.

Just think about that for a minute. Here we were, sitting in our homes, watching, listening, discussing and interacting live online playing a roll in a campaign that is gaining the momentum to change our country and world. Of course all this is being done without corporate money, it's just people doing what they love.

Maybe it's a bit presumptuous but when has something like all this ever happened before?

I would say December 16, 1773.

Chester Copperpot
09-28-2007, 12:44 AM
It's amazing how much I'm working together with friends that were strangers a few months ago! ;)

Hey give a shout out to MDH... good job helping man... From Morgantown, to Washington, PA.. he is da man.

hard@work
09-28-2007, 12:49 AM
The Justin.tv cam - so much more intimate than a television tube. I was transfixed on that while reading the chat rooms both here and justin.tv. I really really am sorry I missed the ronpaulradio.com interview and chat responses - if anyone has a transcript, recording, or can even just tell me what was asked / said / typed I'd love to hear it.

DjLoTi
09-28-2007, 12:53 AM
We're going to rebroadcast it on Saturday

Bryan
09-28-2007, 12:53 AM
I would say December 16, 1773.

True, but that wasn't online. :p :)

DjLoTi
09-28-2007, 12:56 AM
The internet is a new, real-time recording of every single moment in time in every language, accessible to nearly everyone for the rest of forever.

It's a new thing we're doing, here.

MsDoodahs
09-28-2007, 12:57 AM
:)

Internet = Gutenberg press.

MsDoodahs
09-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Also, please recognize the vital importance of keeping the internet unregulated.

Because this movement - successful or not - has alerted the powers that be to the true nature of the internet.

They'll come after it now like never before.

It is a threat to them.

They know it now as they've never known it before.

(I bet Rudy curses AlGore for inventin' this here gadget every day. ;) )