PDA

View Full Version : Homeless man catches fire after being Tasered by police

disorderlyvision
08-20-2009, 11:37 AM
http://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/article/20090818/UPDATES01/90818010/Homeless-man-catches-fire-after-being-Tasered-by-police&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

LANCASTER — A homeless man who allegedly resisted arrest Monday night is in the Fairfield County Jail after being shocked with a Taser and catching on fire.

Lancaster police were called out to the 1700 block of North Memorial Drive around 8 p.m. to investigate a report of a man inhaling an aerosol can and then running out in traffic.

Officers said they spotted a man, later identified as Daniel Wood, 31, allegedly placing the end of a can in his mouth and then taking off running.

One officer was able to catch Wood and pushed him to the ground, according to a Lancaster police report.

While struggling with Wood, a second officer pulled out his Taser, shouted a warning, and stunned Wood.

One of the officers then spotted a flame ignite on Wood's chest, and the two officers at the scene patted out the flame.

Wood was transported to Fairfield Medical Center for treatment of burns to his chest and then taken to the Fairfield County Jail.

Wood was charged with assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest and abusing harmful intoxicants.

acptulsa
08-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Was he supposed to have assaulted the police officer with his deadly flamethrower? You know--the one that only works when he's tasered?

InterestedParticipant
08-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Stop all this incessant posting of propaganda to the forum. It's ridiculous. These are all fear generating pieces.

acptulsa
08-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Stop all this incessant posting of propaganda to the forum. It's ridiculous. These are all fear generating pieces.

Fear? I loled.

Isn't there something we can wear that will short the damned things out? Hell, maybe we should all re-fashion our tinfoil hats into BVDs.

BillyDkid
08-20-2009, 11:44 AM
The drum beat is relentless. Now tasers are used on disobedient children who have committed no crime. How many "isolated incidents" does it take? Still, there will be apologists for this. Personally, I am so depressed, I want the revolution to just start. This incident is trivial in the scheme of things, but in general, I no longer think there is any turning back from where the country is headed. I think that the only hope for the country lies in revolution.

BillyDkid
08-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Stop all this incessant posting of propaganda to the forum. It's ridiculous. These are all fear generating pieces.I'm sorry, where is the propoganda? This incident didn't happen? The police don't routinely abuse the rights of citizens?

disorderlyvision
08-20-2009, 11:52 AM

stfu, don't read my threads if you don't like them. I will continue to post, whatever news I feel like.

youngbuck
08-20-2009, 12:17 PM
This isn't the first time that bodily hair has caught on fire due to a tase, and certainly won't be the last. Make sure you trim the proper areas to prevent excess damage to high value parts.

coyote_sprit
08-20-2009, 12:23 PM
So what's the difference between assaulting a police officer and assaulting a citizen? It comes to my mind they should just fall under assault unless of course cops are different from us.